Thread: Maxx Features?

Device(s)
    Moto w755
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score

Maxx Features?

I've been playing with my new maxx for a few days and could use some help with some features.

I would like to know if there is a way to turn the initial screen lock off, the one that you have to swipe to get to the homescreen as soon as you turn the phone on from standby?

Is there a way to change the browser icon, on the homepage, to a different one like the regular globe?

With the favorite contact widget, is there a way to set handscent and gmail as the default messaging instead of the stock text and email? Is there a better app to use for favorite contacts than the one that comes with the phone? I liked the one that came on my DX better than this one.

Is there a way to recover my calendar info. from my DX and import to the calendar on the maxx? I used the stock calendar on the DX and I'm using the stock calendar on the maxx. Is there a better calendar app than the stock? I'm just using it for reminders.

Thanks for the help!

Device(s)
    Samsung U430 (fully functioinal bluetooth)
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Well, I had this very long reply typed out and was trying to upload stuff and poof, I hit the back button. So second try will be one thing at a time as it is tiring on my phone.

1. Download No Lock and say good bye to annoyance. When you reboot, lock screen may show momentarily.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using HowardForums
    Last edited by Steveanderson13; 05-24-2012 at 09:20 PM.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    I'm from Lafayette.

2. Re: changing icons. Probably lotta ways. I installed Launcher Pro, big improvement. Some people like Go. There are icon packs on market but I couldn't make them work. I googled icons and found some cool ones Launcher Pro allows you to replace stock with gallery images. Paid version gives you access to icons. Since mine are .png files I can't upload them here but I'll mail them to you if you pm me.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    3. I dont use fsvorites widgets but there are lotta shortcuts and widgets. Contapps is cool; sort by frequency then your favorites are at top. Their widget is hideous.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    4. Contapps has text built in but any text app should allow you to set it as default. Cant predict how that would interact with another app or widget.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    5. Your X calendar should be tied to your gmail acct as far as i know but i dont use it. So it should automaticslly be there.

Device(s)
    Moto w755
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    I haven't really been looking but still trying to figure out the calendar problem. I thought it would be tied to my gmail account too but didn't see it.

Steve, thanks for the help.