Thread: Battery life on Maxx.

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S5 (VZW), iPad 4 (1GB plan on T-Mobile)
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score

Battery life on Maxx.

Okay so I've had my Maxx for 4 days. My use has been moderate to heavy. Not streaming or anything. Just some texts, email, browsing, and some phone calls. 4G is on.

I took my phone off the charger at 10am. It's 8:30pm and I have 20% battery life. Is this considered good? Soooo much better than my TB but some people make it sound like they get a lot longer. Any thoughts?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Device(s)
    Samsung U430 (fully functioinal bluetooth)
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Engadget got 11 hours on looping video, 50% brightness, LTE. 16-21 cant remember with LTE off.

There used to be a power management widget; look for that or a 4g toggle widget, etc. Disabling data if you dont need it and minimizing brightness will max battery.

Power management widget is no longer in market; Go power master looks good.

I just downloaded it; dont see a LTE toggle. Downloaded fattin data toggle--it turns on/off mobile data, but has no cdma/lte mode. 4g toggle is a widget which is a shortcut to mode.
    Last edited by Steveanderson13; 05-24-2012 at 09:05 PM.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Interesting.

I used to use the 4G toggle widget on my TB. I will download that shortly to my Razr. I must admit, I'm a little disappointed. I hated having to have 4G off all the time to get through the day wtih my TB, and I thought the Razr would be different and I could leave it on. Oh well.

Do you think it's better to have it on 3G (no wifi) or have it on wifi? I am unsure. I have been "testing" it and I swear, the battery drains faster when I use wifi. What is your experience?

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by DreamCatcher68 View Post
    What is your experience?
    None. Firstly, you shouldn't be disappointed--you got the best, LTE is a hog, and you're in the ballpark of engadget.

Choose the less annoying controls choice: use settings for everything or widgets if you prefer that. Bad thing is I'm not finding a widget that does everything.

Well, since your first priority is to max battery life, learn to do that without widgets; then if you want those, get them.

For normal state, set brightness as low as tolerable--not displeasurable. Whatever you can leave it at. Only enable data for browsing unless you have time-sensitive items. If you havr time-sensitive items, set appropriate frequency. Wifi preferably, mobile off. No wifi, turn it off, see if 3g is good enough. If not, turn 4g on. Turn all off when done.

Look at settings>battery and data manager. Choose the max settings, background data can use a lot.

That should max life.

If you prefer widgets--
    Power control (changed name from power management) controls wifi, bluetooth, gps not sure, sync, and display.

4g toggle, you know. But it doesnt turn on/off.

Fattin data toggle turns on/off but doesnt change mode. Since you like LTE, try leaving in that mode, but use Fattin to turn on/off.

Go Power Master does some, not all.

I dont see anything to do everything. Strange.

Post back--you should get a day's use and you're already close to that. Weak signals are a killer.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Doing so much better. Thanks for your suggestions. I am getting into the habit of turning off data when I'm not using it. If someone really needs to reach me, voice or text is always best.

I have brightness turned down all the way (still fine for me). Getting even better battery life now. Very pleased.

Posted from my Droid Razr Maxx.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Great but you didnt say how long you're getting.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using HowardForums

Device(s)
    Razr Maxx
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    I've had mine for a couple weeks now. I would consider myself a mild/normal user. I use Juice Defender to shut down all background stuff when the screen is off. I have a smart action to be wifi only when I'm at home & I also keep my screen brightness all the way down. My best was 35 hours on battery. My last couple charges was around 28 hours.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    About 16-20 hours depending on my usage. Sorry, forgot to mention that. I'm a heavy user so usually 16-18. Very pleased!

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    About 16-20 hours
    You need your rest, lol.

Device(s)
    Motorola Razr Maxx
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    The first couple of days after getting my razr I got around 12-16 hours of use, and it being a new phone I used the crap out of it. Then I ran the battery all the way dead the other day (I heard that is bad for the battery but I couldn't help it), and then after fully charging the the go launcher battery widget is saying I have 38 hours until empty. I used it all day yesterday and only burned 50% of the battery. Just figured I would post my findings.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Thanks, yeah, sometimes it's not the battery, just the meter which needs to be recalibrated that way.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    I dl antutu battery saver app just to see. Seems to be helping but really not sure.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Steveanderson13 View Post
    You need your rest, lol.
    I do, lol. Got so much stuff going on these days so I am up a lot.

Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    I never use WiFi that much just 3G and 4G all the time.

Interesting.

I used to use the 4G toggle widget on my TB. I will download that shortly to my Razr. I must admit, I'm a little disappointed. I hated having to have 4G off all the time to get through the day wtih my TB, and I thought the Razr would be different and I could leave it on. Oh well.

Do you think it's better to have it on 3G (no wifi) or have it on wifi? I am unsure. I have been "testing" it and I swear, the battery drains faster when I use wifi. What is your experience?
    Phones: RAZR MAXX / Bionic / HTC TBolt / HTC DInc / BB Tour / BB Storm / BB Curve / Voyager / Env Orange / V3m / E815