Thread: straight talk with 4G

Feedback Score

Talking straight talk with 4G

Hello everyone
    Today I make a backup and restore my iPhone 4S cuz its unlocked by att.
    When I turn on my iPhone with straight talk sim I have the icon 4G not 3G I don't know what happen.
    I turn of and turn on back it's the same icon 4G
    Somebody has the same on the 4S?

Feedback Score

Carrier
    Straight Talk
    Feedback Score
    I'm guessing you updated the software at the same time and in newer software the HSPA+ network (which the iPhone 4s is capable of) shows up at 4G... technically it's still 3G but they want you to think the iPhone is faster than 3G, considering there's all this 4G marketing out there.
    I buy broken/used iPhones (4 & 4S) on any carrier! PM me info about your phone and your asking price and I'll get back to you!

Phones
    AT&T Apple iPhone 5S
    AT&T Apple iPhone 5S
    Carrier
    AT&T Mobility
    Feedback Score
    HSPA+ is 4G along with WiMax and LTE. None of them were 4G until the International Telecommunications Union-Radio changed the specifications on December 6, 2010.
    Earl F. Parrish

Carrier
    Straight Talk
    Feedback Score
    It's really only 4G because no one could make up their minds as to what actually was 4G and carriers started calling their services 4G before a standard was even set.

HSPA+ technically is still 3G technology, just faster. LTE should have been 4G but because there were already people stating they had 4G, that's why you see 4GLTE everywhere.

We know the truth whether they advertise it one way or another.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by bpaulson View Post
    It's really only 4G because no one could make up their minds as to what actually was 4G and carriers started calling their services 4G before a standard was even set.

HSPA+ technically is still 3G technology, just faster. LTE should have been 4G but because there were already people stating they had 4G, that's why you see 4GLTE everywhere.

Try to explain that to people who assume that there iphone 4s is getting lte speeds lol!

Sent from my R800at using HowardForums

Phones
    AT&T Apple iPhone 5S
    AT&T Apple iPhone 5S
    Carrier
    AT&T Mobility
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by bpaulson View Post

Following your reasoning, there is no 4G anywhere. No technology qualified as 4G before ITU-R changed the definition. You should read some of the background material before trying to speak ex cathedra.

October 2010:
    http://www.infoworld.com/d/mobilize/...nt-qualify-683
    December 2010:
    http://www.intomobile.com/2010/12/18...pa-are-now-4g/
    Following a detailed evaluation against stringent technical and operational criteria, ITU has determined that “LTE-Advanced” and “WirelessMAN-Advanced” should be accorded the official designation of IMT-Advanced. As the most advanced technologies currently defined for global wireless mobile broadband communications, IMT-Advanced is considered as “4G”, although it is recognized that this term, while undefined, may also be applied to the forerunners of these technologies, LTE and WiMax, and to other evolved 3G technologies providing a substantial level of improvement in performance and capabilities with respect to the initial third generation systems now deployed. The detailed specifications of the IMT-Advanced technologies will be provided in a new ITU-R Recommendation expected in early 2012.
    Last edited by efparri; 05-26-2012 at 09:54 AM.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ThaKizzle View Post
    Try to explain that to people who assume that there iphone 4s is getting lte speeds lol!
    ...that "unlimited" really means...

Marketing is the art of separating less informed people from their money.