Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Sprint Coverage in Washington State (Vs. Other Carriers)

Carrier
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score

Sprint Coverage in Washington State (Vs. Other Carriers)

I am currently on T-mobile prepaid with a MyTouch 4G. My charger port has been slowly dying so I have been contemplating changing carriers and possibly taking on a 2yr contract. I know that verizon seems to be the best around here but it is just too expensive for my needs. My current plan is unlimited talk (Which I could live with 300~450 minutes a month) Unlimited text ( I do text A LOT ) and unlimited data (very key, I use my phone for streaming pandora, checking facebook, email, surfing the web). Sprint seems to have the best rates as far as a 2yr contract goes, so I am leaning towards them. Can anyone tell me how there coverage is in Central Washington (Ellensburg,Yakima,Wenatchee areas). Is it better than T-Mobile or AT&T? Thanks for any help.

Phone
    iPhones, Moto Series, (many)
    Carriers
    Verizon, Sprint
    PagePlus, Tracfone, AT&T, T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    These forums sometimes will not let me post a U R L. Just the same, look at the coverage map for VirginMobile USA.
    http://www.virginmobileusa.com/check...phone-coverage

That coverage map shows where Sprint has native coverage. Of course if you occasionally go out of that area there is some roaming coverage too.

From a cursory glance, it looks like they have coverage in the area, but study the coverage map first. Hopefully someone in this forum will have some first-hand experience to lend.

I occasionally drive to Spokane from Oregon, but that just tells you the highway is covered.

-Dan
    ---
    http://pages.uoregon.edu/dalbrich
    Eugene, OR -- Pacific Northwest

Carrier
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    I live on the west side of the mountains but make regular trips on i90 and too Yakima. I couldn't really complain about the coverage. Ellensburg and Yakima were good. the speeds weren't great, but that's true over here too. There are some dead spots in the hills and pass. I don't remember any WiMAX coverage. And dropped them before LTE was officially announced so can't comment on those

Phone
    EVO 4G LTE
    Carrier
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Gman91 View Post
    I am currently on T-mobile prepaid with a MyTouch 4G. My charger port has been slowly dying so I have been contemplating changing carriers and possibly taking on a 2yr contract. I know that verizon seems to be the best around here but it is just too expensive for my needs. My current plan is unlimited talk (Which I could live with 300~450 minutes a month) Unlimited text ( I do text A LOT ) and unlimited data (very key, I use my phone for streaming pandora, checking facebook, email, surfing the web). Sprint seems to have the best rates as far as a 2yr contract goes, so I am leaning towards them. Can anyone tell me how there coverage is in Central Washington (Ellensburg,Yakima,Wenatchee areas). Is it better than T-Mobile or AT&T? Thanks for any help.
    +1 on the Virgin Mobile coverage map. Virgin mobile and Boost Mobile are actually starting to sell HTC "4G WiMAX" enabled phones. I was out there last summer and had 4G coverage, you can check that coverage here: http://www.clear.com/coverage

Since that may be an option it could be something to consider by trying one out, you could return it after a period of time depending on where you buy it.

http://www.virginmobileusa.com/4g?in...gteaser-050212

http://www.boostmobile.com/htc-evo-design-4g/

One thing to keep in mind with regards to Postpaid Wireless in the State of Washington is the 17.95% tax rate, second highest in the nation. http://www.mywireless.org/state-issu...-tax-rankings/
    Last edited by 503ducati; 05-27-2012 at 04:03 PM.
    Sensorly --- Signal Check Pro --- Root Metrics

$100 - 4 Lines (Framily)
    $15 - 2GB Tablet Plan
    $15 - 2GB Tablet Plan

Phones
    iPhone 4s
    iPhone 5 Sprint
    Blackberry 8530 Boostmobile/iPhone 4s (Sprint/Straight Talk/Page Plus)
    Carriers
    Sprint (2000-Present) Straight Talk AT&T SIM (2012) Page Plus Cellular (2012)
    Telcel Amigo Prepaid Mexico(2011-Present) Nokia 252N with Telcel(1999) and Iusacell(2000)
    Feedback Score
    Do also check page plus for Verizon Native coverage. Verizon postpaid customer roam in us cellular or sprint and many areas. For example around 97 and the columbia river.
    Sprint User Since 2000 & AT&T GoPhone since 2013
    Free 3G Verizon Roaming with custom PRL

Carrier
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Cell View Post
    Do also check page plus for Verizon Native coverage. Verizon postpaid customer roam in us cellular or sprint and many areas. For example around 97 and the columbia river.
    I was looking at page plus, only problem was the 1gb data limit, I'll burn through that in a week and a half. I use wireless at home 24/7 but on my way to school or while I am at school I use data quite a bit. The wireless at school isn't all that great. In buildings yes but outside not so much. With T-Mobile I rarely even get coverage on campus. My GF has VirginMobile and I actually put speed test on both of our phones, on T-mobile 4g I got about 1600kbps download and 1200kbps upload on her virgin mobile 3G phone I got 1750kbps download and 700kbps upload.

Carrier
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by 503ducati View Post
    +1 on the Virgin Mobile coverage map. Virgin mobile and Boost Mobile are actually starting to sell HTC "4G WiMAX" enabled phones. I was out there last summer and had 4G coverage, you can check that coverage here: http://www.clear.com/coverage

Since that may be an option it could be something to consider by trying one out, you could return it after a period of time depending on where you buy it.

http://www.virginmobileusa.com/4g?in...gteaser-050212

http://www.boostmobile.com/htc-evo-design-4g/

One thing to keep in mind with regards to Postpaid Wireless in the State of Washington is the 17.95% tax rate, second highest in the nation. http://www.mywireless.org/state-issu...-tax-rankings/
    Does boost have 4g yet? And can I take a Sprint phone to boost? I know the iPhone won't work but how about the EVO or something along those lines?

Phone
    EVO 4G LTE
    Carrier
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    Does boost have 4g yet? And can I take a Sprint phone to boost? I know the iPhone won't work but how about the EVO or something along those lines?
    Both just started offering it, Boost and Virgin's "4G" is actually Clear's WiMAX network. Sprint also has been using it as their 4G but in addition is now starting to operate on it's own LTE network.

There are those who have put an EVO onto a Boost account, but not sure how 4G could be functional. http://www.howardforums.com/forumdis...519-Boost-CDMA

Phones
    iPhone 4s
    iPhone 5 Sprint
    Blackberry 8530 Boostmobile/iPhone 4s (Sprint/Straight Talk/Page Plus)
    Carriers
    Sprint (2000-Present) Straight Talk AT&T SIM (2012) Page Plus Cellular (2012)
    Telcel Amigo Prepaid Mexico(2011-Present) Nokia 252N with Telcel(1999) and Iusacell(2000)
    Feedback Score
    One of my relatives often travels between california and Yakima and he has sprint but he only uses voice and it always works for him. He got a straight talk phone that works on verizon and he complained that he didn't have service in the area mentioned which verizon roams on us cellular or sprint for post paid customers

Feedback Score
    Since data is your big thing, I would not go to Sprint. I would stick with T-mobile for the time being. Sprint won't come close to meeting your needs or the t-mobile speeds. I still regret leaving T-mobile, but am hopeful in a year or so (about the time my 2 years is up) Sprint speeds will get better.

Carrier
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by tgv267 View Post
    Since data is your big thing, I would not go to Sprint. I would stick with T-mobile for the time being. Sprint won't come close to meeting your needs or the t-mobile speeds. I still regret leaving T-mobile, but am hopeful in a year or so (about the time my 2 years is up) Sprint speeds will get better.
    Well in an above post, I ran speed test on a T-Mobile 4G phone and a Virgin mobile 3G phone. The Virgin mobile phone had faster download speeds but the T-Mobile had slightly faster upload speeds AND my phone is suppose to be 4G, So surely boost/virgin/sprints data is faster around here unfortunately.

Carrier
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Both just started offering it, Boost and Virgin's "4G" is actually Clear's WiMAX network. Sprint also has been using it as their 4G but in addition is now starting to operate on it's own LTE network.

There are those who have put an EVO onto a Boost account, but not sure how 4G could be functional. http://www.howardforums.com/forumdis...519-Boost-CDMA
    Thanks for the info, the information was very helpful. I am just kind of hesitant to switch, I don't want to buy a 400$ CDMA phone and find out that boost is horrible here. I need to gather up some hard evidence that the data service is better for boost then T-Mobile and I will do the switch.

Phone
    EVO 4G LTE
    Carrier
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    Thanks for the info, the information was very helpful. I am just kind of hesitant to switch, I don't want to buy a 400$ CDMA phone and find out that boost is horrible here. I need to gather up some hard evidence that the data service is better for boost then T-Mobile and I will do the switch.
    I've purchased and returned Virgin/Boost phones via Best Buy 30 day return policy. Target is 90 days I think.

Carrier
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    I've purchased and returned Virgin/Boost phones via Best Buy 30 day return policy. Target is 90 days I think.
    I may have to try this.

Phone
    EVO 4G LTE
    Carrier
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    I may have to try this.
    I did it when I told the Best Buy sales rep that I have to send off my Sprint phone for warranty, he said just use it and return it if I didn't want to keep it. I was seriously considering keeping either the Virgin mobile Optimus V or Boost Mobile Samsung Galaxy Prevail as a back up.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast