Thread: Unlocking Nokia Lumia 710 Using and ATT Straight talk sim

Feedback Score

Unlocking Nokia Lumia 710 Using and ATT Straight talk sim

I want to know the fastest most reliable unlock service to unlock a T-Mobile 710. I have a Straight talk ATT sim but have to get the phone unlocked. I used cellunlockernet, they processed my order made me wait over a week then emailed me they could not do it. T- Mobile refused to unlock because I did not keep service 60 days. I purchased the phone from T-Mobile Store about 3 hours from my location and tried to UPS it back within 14 days but they said I had to return in person to where it was purchased,. I like the phone but T-Mobile has very poor coverage in my area. I now have a Straight talk ATT sim that someone told me if I put in and change the APN code would work, but it did not work. Is this possible and will this give me good voice and data or should I cut and run and sell the phone on ebay or craigslist?

Phone
    Optimus G
    Carrier
    Not Straight Talk
    Feedback Score
    Did they say why they could not get you a code? It should be easy for them to do so. The phone is pentaband so it should run fine on AT&T both voice and data once you get it unlocked. I would try another unlock service, there are several active in the marketplace section of this forum.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by spekkio View Post
    Did they say why they could not get you a code? It should be easy for them to do so. The phone is pentaband so it should run fine on AT&T both voice and data once you get it unlocked. I would try another unlock service, there are several active in the marketplace section of this forum.
    Very poor communication and service with unlocker mentioned but they did credit back my card after wasting almost 2 weeks. I just received a email from them as soon as this post hit wanting to know how my experience was. Can someone offer a reputable fast service to unlock a Nokia 710?

Thanks

Phone
    Atrix/Skyrocket/R455C/Samsung Jack
    Carrier
    GoPhone LTE
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by hondo1 View Post
    Very poor communication and service with unlocker mentioned but they did credit back my card after wasting almost 2 weeks. I just received a email from them as soon as this post hit wanting to know how my experience was. Can someone offer a reputable fast service to unlock a Nokia 710?

Thanks
    i would be interested as well. i googled these folks and could not find satisfactory reviews. they know how to really work google.
    Last edited by alphamale-b; 05-29-2012 at 09:14 PM. Reason: spelling

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by hondo1 View Post
    I want to know the fastest most reliable unlock service to unlock a T-Mobile 710. I have a Straight talk ATT sim but have to get the phone unlocked. I used cellunlockernet, they processed my order made me wait over a week then emailed me they could not do it. T- Mobile refused to unlock because I did not keep service 60 days. I purchased the phone from T-Mobile Store about 3 hours from my location and tried to UPS it back within 14 days but they said I had to return in person to where it was purchased,. I like the phone but T-Mobile has very poor coverage in my area. I now have a Straight talk ATT sim that someone told me if I put in and change the APN code would work, but it did not work. Is this possible and will this give me good voice and data or should I cut and run and sell the phone on ebay or craigslist?
    You do not need to unlock your phone

Just make sure to Order the Net10 or StraightTalk AT&T Sim then it will work without having the need to unlock the phone which is not possible yet from my understanding.

Not sure if 900 has a app which will let you edit your apn data but that may be needed has well in order to get things like MMS and data working correctly.

Feedback Score

my unlocked lumia 710

Quote Originally Posted by unlocknokia83 View Post

Just make sure to Order the Net10 or StraightTalk AT&T Sim then it will work without having the need to unlock the phone which is not possible yet from my understanding.

Not sure if 900 has a app which will let you edit your apn data but that may be needed has well in order to get things like MMS and data working correctly.

cellunlocker got the right code. unlocked on the first try. BUT, here's the question. Shouldn't I be able to use ATT 3g since the phone has umts I, II, IV, V???? Wanted to use a redpocket sim, as their plans are better than tmo for the price, and the att signal is stronger in my area. Gsm works fine, but I can't seem to get data. Got a thought?

Carrier
    GoPhone
    Feedback Score

If the phone is locked to Tmobile's network, having all the necessary ATT radios won't help as it's stuck on Tmobile. If he orders the Tmobile sim, he'd be fine, but he says they don't work well. To get access to ATT's network he'd need to unlock it which he has had trouble doing.

Feedback Score
    I did need to unlock my phone. I purchased a ATT sim and could not get it to work. after 2 or 3 failures with different unlockers I used Liberty Unlock for $25. Under settings, cellular, apn settings the only thing I put in under APN is att.mvno everything works now. For the money the Straighttalk service is good for the price using the ATT sim. The signal in my rural are is not as good as Verizon but is better then T-Mobile. StraightTalk and T-Mobile customer service are a real challenge. The Nokia phone is good but the screen is to small for my eyes. Just my observations, thanks for all the replys.

Carrier
    Straight Talk
    Feedback Score
    you need to download the Network settings app and configure it for Straight Talk. It is now in the Nokia Collection in Marketplace.

Phones
    AT&T Apple iPhone 5S
    AT&T Apple iPhone 5S
    Carrier
    AT&T Mobility
    Feedback Score

The Original Poster has a Nokia Lumia 710, which is locked to T-Mobile. The Nokia Lumia 900 is locked to AT&T. Perhaps you would want to edit your reply.
    Earl F. Parrish

Feedback Score
    My unlocked Nokia Lumia 710 works fine on redpocket except for MMS. I want to switch from tmo, but don't want to lose MMS. the Nokia Network Setup app has an APN setup screen for MMS, but I don't know what to fill in. REdpocket cs hasn't been helpful so far.