For sale [Best Offer] is an Engineering model Motorola Droid X:
- Unlocked bootloader [eFuse not enabled]
- 32gb internal flash [retail version only has 16gb]
- New, unused condition
- Says "CONFIDENTIAL MOTOROLA RESTRICTED PROPERTY : NOT FOR SALE" on the side of phone and on the battery. Pretty bad ***
- Droid X Multimedia Docking Station & Charging station (used) included [SPN5612A]
- Droid X Car Cradle & Charger (used) included
- Droid X Wall Charger (used) included
- No scratches or blemishes on screen
Pretty cool huh? A DX you can play with and never brick (unless you flash a locked bootloader, why would you?).
A couple things to be aware of:
- The battery is dated early 2010 meaning you should probably use a retail battery, although the engineering battery may be fine.
- The screen on the engineering models is slightly dimmer than the retail models, but I used one for 2 years without it bothering me.
- I have not activated this phone, however since it is unlocked it should work with any CDMA carrier. Other dxs from the same batch activated fine on Verizon including the one I used as my primary phone for 2 years.
- Verizon provisions the phone as a feature phone [Test Device] so if you are using it on Verizon call customer service and have them reprovision it as Droid X so MMS messages work properly.
I've had this phone sitting in plastic wrap since I received it and so doesn't have a single scratch or blemish.