Thread: third party vendors

Feedback Score

third party vendors

Do you have any experience buying from third party vendors? I have bought from bestbuy before and had no problems. i'm wondering what amazon wireless is like? Any pros and cons for amazon? anything to be aware of?

thanks.

Phones
    Samsung U430 (fully functioinal bluetooth)
    Moto Droid as an accessory
    LG VX8350 (retired)
    Carrier
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Make sure no changes are made to your plan INCLUDING data.
    Sent from my DROID BIONIC using HowardForums

Feedback Score
    My concern with using Amazon is that there's no store to walk into where you can grab the store manager by the collar and shake him like a rag doll until he fixes the screw up of his employees. Plus with Amazon you're obligated to keep whatever data package you agree too for at least 6 months and I've heard people complain that there was no unlimited data feature option showing for those with unlimited data.

Feedback Score
    I had a suspicion. Gonna stick with verizon or bestbuy.

Phones
    Samsung U430 (fully functioinal bluetooth)
    Moto Droid as an accessory
    LG VX8350 (retired)
    Carrier
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    I know you were looking at the Bionic. On V's website yesterday, it was out of stock. Might not change before Father's Day sale ends.

Phones
    Droid RAZR
    Droid RAZR
    Droid 3
    Carrier
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Theres nothing wrong with indirect. Its an extra choice. You can get phones at wal mart for 10 cents.. when the thunderbolt was 200 .. wal mart had it for a penny! Best buy is great, they have good customer service. Just like the direct store.. you want to read your contract and make sure no changes are being made to your data plans and so on. I have never upgrade at amazon tho.

Phones
    N/A
    Pantech Jest
    Carriers
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Walmart in-store is OK, they don't have the extra 6 month contract like Amazon does. Walmart.com should be avoided, has extra contract.

Carrier
    VZW
    Feedback Score
    The last time my wife and myself upgraded our devices, we went to Target Mobile. They have a trade in program similar to Best Buy and we walked out the door with new thunderbolts and $50 in our pocket after trading in my original droid and her blackberry tour. Don't know if every Target has them or not but it turned out to be a pretty easy process. Much better than having to wait forever in a corp store.

Carrier
    Platinumtel
    Feedback Score
    I recently bought a T-Mobile One S through Wirefly. Everything went well. After a week or so I decided T-Mobile was not for me on account of not having service in some key places. Got an RMA and shipped the phone back to them (they kindly provided a prepaid shipping label).

I guess I'll have to see if everything goes smoothly. Right now the phone is still in transit. If they handle everything well then I don't see much reason not to go through them; they have free 2-day shipping, no sales tax (at least not in my state), and at the time they were running a free activation promo as well.

Carrier
    Platinumtel
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Caturday View Post
    I recently bought a T-Mobile One S through Wirefly. Everything went well. After a week or so I decided T-Mobile was not for me on account of not having service in some key places. Got an RMA and shipped the phone back to them (they kindly provided a prepaid shipping label).

I guess I'll have to see if everything goes smoothly. Right now the phone is still in transit. If they handle everything well then I don't see much reason not to go through them; they have free 2-day shipping, no sales tax (at least not in my state), and at the time they were running a free activation promo as well.
    Well they did everything perfectly. Not only did T-Mobile quickly fix the balance due on my account, they actually ended up wiping out my entire bill, so that week and a half of trial service was completely free.