Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast

Thread: official iPhone 4 and 4s coming to Boost Mobile?!?!

Carrier
    t-mobile
    Feedback Score
    with the caps in place boost has lost me. now there just like everyone but with far worse coverage. t-mobile exhibit 2 full retail 200$ 30$ 5gb 4g w 100 minutes plain 560$ a year.

Phone
    EVO 4G LTE
    Carrier
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by gotanmp3 View Post
    Is it worth the extra money for Verizon roaming and "coming soon" LTE?
    Absolutely. That extra +$25.98/mo. over 2yrs is simply the cost of the handset along with extra postpaid services.

The handset alone makes it worthwhile for me. It's a quantum leap from any of the EVOs, LTE service will just make it that much better.

Being in the earliest of WiMAX markets and having used it for 3.5 yrs makes Boost Mobile/Virgin Mobile an excellent value for me here. But every State varies with wireless taxes/fees on postpaid, pure luck mine happens to be the cheapest.
    Sensorly --- Signal Check Pro --- Root Metrics

Bend, Oregon

Phone
    Galaxy S4, LG F3, ZTE Sonata
    Carrier
    AT&T , AIO, Virgin Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by luther349 View Post
    with the caps in place boost has lost me. now there just like everyone but with far worse coverage. t-mobile exhibit 2 full retail 200$ 30$ 5gb 4g w 100 minutes plain 560$ a year.
    Although this thread is about the iPhone coming to Boost, if you can get by with 100 minutes go for it. Boost has slower data speeds here no doubt but T-Mobiles pathetic coverage is worse.

It's all what works for you...........

Phone
    EVO 4G LTE
    Carrier
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    If in fact the iPhone is coming to Boost Mobile, how much and how many will purchase it?

Phones
    Changes Every Blink
    iPhone 4
    Carrier
    Virgin Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by 503ducati View Post
    If in fact the iPhone is coming to Boost Mobile, how much and how many will purchase it?
    *raises hand*

Cricket has set the standard as far as prepaid iPhones for me. considering I've owned a 3GS and 4, I can only opt for the 4S and $499 is $250 dollars less than the unlocked one on Apple. to be locked to a carrier, I think $250 off is a steal! most carriers cap the price on the phone even though it's locked to that carrier!

Phones
    Galaxy Express
    Galaxy Express
    T-Mo iPhone 5
    Carriers
    MetroPCS,
    Varies, a lot
    Feedback Score
    The iPhone is incredibly popular on Straight Talk and that's even with their atrocious customer service and harshly enforced data limits. In addition, an iPhone for Straight Talk either has to be purchased at Apple's insane unsubsidized prices, or second-hand. It's very likely a locked-to-Boost iPhone will be slightly subsidized, just like on Cricket.

At the very least, count my Mom in for one. She can't wait to move back to iOS.

Feedback Score
    Sprint

Evo LTE _______________________ $199.99
    Two years @ 62.49/mo _________ $1,499.76

Total ________________________ $1,699.75
    where and HOW are you coming up with only $62.49 a month for unlimited talk, text & web (total after taxes) on sprint…??
    iPhone 4S on AT$T - $55 per month 1k min w/rollover, Unlim text & data (no throttling)
    (3) Sprint USB 598's on Boost Mobile: $0.35/day Unlimited Data (no throttling)
    Free WiFi hotspots --- NO THANK YOU

Feedback Score
    I'd be extremely pissed if I found out they were using any of my voicemail notification patches, because they give absolutely nothing back to the DIY flashing community.
    can you speak in english about what you meant by that notification deal..??

Phone
    EVO 4G LTE
    Carrier
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by -banned- View Post
    where and HOW are you coming up with $62.49 a month (total after taxes) on sprint…??
    $62.49/mo.

$4.07 taxes/fees

Oregon has no sales tax and is the lowest of all states in wireless tax/fees.

I have a link in my Sig listing all state's current rates.

Sent from my EVO using HowardForums

Feedback Score
    lets see, the last time i went to the "hack" shop to get my Photon on Boost, and while there for that short hour, i would say 8 people came in and asked about when the iPhone would be ready for Boost mobile… and 6 other separate people were there just to get their iPhone's flashed over to cricket or metro….
    Only 3 people walked out with androids… and i was one of them..!!
    So you tell me how many would purchase the iPhone IF it ever comes to Boost legally...

Phone
    Carrier
    Feedback Score
    So you tell me how many would purchase the iPhone IF it ever comes to Boost legally...
    Buying an iPhone on Craigslist for short money (especially if the ESN is bad) is totally different that buying one off the shelf for 399/499 but I do think there will be some takers.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by billm261 View Post
    Buying an iPhone on Craigslist for short money (especially if the ESN is bad) is totally different that buying one off the shelf for 399/499 but I do think there will be some takers.
    And that is exactly what the majority WILL do, buy that bad esn iPhone 4 on Craigslist, and pay $65 for the flash ... Same goes for the evo, why pay $400+ for that boost evo design when they can get a regular evo for $100 on Craigslist and pay $65 for the flash... The only benefit for that boost design is for the 4G svc which I can personally tell u is not all that great IMO in this city.. but that's another story. The whole point is that people want that iPhone on boost ...

Feedback Score
    where and HOW are you coming up with only $62.49 a month for unlimited talk, text & web (total after taxes) on sprint…??
    i dont understand this either, when i call sprint they tell me its 69.99 for unlimited evertyhing, then a $10 change on top of that for a smart phone. and my gf has a discount through her work.

Phone
    Carrier
    Feedback Score
    And that is exactly what the majority WILL do, buy that bad esn iPhone 4 on Craigslist, and pay $65 for the flash ... Same goes for the evo........
    I disagree, we know a different way here on Hofo outside of the norm.

If every cellular customer was a HoFo enthusiast the carriers would be bankrupt.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using HowardForums

Phones
    Galaxy Express
    Galaxy Express
    T-Mo iPhone 5
    Carriers
    MetroPCS,
    Varies, a lot
    Feedback Score
    The whole point of that was to show that even if you go with the least expensive plan Sprint currently offers, qualify for a monthly discount that might be unobtainable to some of us, get a heavily subsidized phone and live somewhere with absolutely no wireless taxes (does that even exist?), you'd just about break even on what you pay. So, pretty much no matter what kind of expensive phone you buy, you're not doing any worse money-wise by being on Boost.

Admittedly, it is an apples-to-oranges comparison, since that plan on Sprint postpaid only offers 450 landline minutes, but you do get Verizon roaming. It just boils down to roaming on Verizon and access to Sprint's entire handset lineup and how much that's worth to someone.

can you speak in english about what you meant by that notification deal..??
    This.

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast