Thread: Htc one x - need apn and voicemail settings

Phones
    Motorola V265
    HTC HD2
    Carriers
    Alltell
    Feedback Score

Htc one x - need apn and voicemail settings

Just picked up a factory unlocked one x to replace my hd2, finally. I only have 3 issues so far

1- zero Internet. I'm assuming I need to input apn settings?

2- I received a voicemail and am unable to get into it. It said I needed to input a phone number which I did then I needed a passcode. I tried every easy 4 I could think of but nothing. Is there an Oem code?

3- micro sim instead of older sim which means no numbers transferred over and Bluetooth would connect so I have to do 500 numbers manually

Tmobile rep only gave me the sim to install, nothing more. I really don't want to stand in line there again if possible. Any help guys? Thanks in advance

Feedback Score
    I use internet2.voicestream.com on my new One S. You can also use epc.tmobile.com. I didn't input anything else and just gave it a name and saved it and it's running fine.

I think you'll definitely need to call CS to get your passcode. I remember setting one up back in the day, but I would never remember it either.

That sucks that you have to reenter numbers. Is there a way to reconnect your sim from the HD2 and sync it with your gmail account? After getting an HD2, I started immediately using gmail contacts as my primary contacts storage. The downside is that I also use it for work and so have thousands of email-only contacts. I just star everyone with a number in the google contacts interface so they are favorited. You can also import numbers, but I have no idea how to get them off the sim.

Feedback Score
    Hello all,

I also picked up an unlocked HTC One X and just returned from the T-Mobile store, where I replaced the big SIM card with a micro-SIM (for free).

The issue at hand is that after entering the APN settings and hitting 'save', the phone replies with 'APN saved', then immediately displays 'no sim card found, please insert SIM card into the phone', but the phone has a SIM card!

If helps, this phone was purchased through e-bay and it appears to have been made in Singapore. I am able to place and receive calls on it. Have not tested the voicemail settings yet.

Has anyone experienced similar situation? Any workarounds?
    Last edited by batequeixo; 06-30-2012 at 01:47 PM. Reason: forgot to ask the specific question

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by xdsmx View Post
    Just picked up a factory unlocked one x to replace my hd2, finally. I only have 3 issues so far

1- zero Internet. I'm assuming I need to input apn settings?

2- I received a voicemail and am unable to get into it. It said I needed to input a phone number which I did then I needed a passcode. I tried every easy 4 I could think of but nothing. Is there an Oem code?

3- micro sim instead of older sim which means no numbers transferred over and Bluetooth would connect so I have to do 500 numbers manually

Tmobile rep only gave me the sim to install, nothing more. I really don't want to stand in line there again if possible. Any help guys? Thanks in advance
    If you have the att version you can use the micro sim that came with the one s or one of the newer micro sims and use the following settings:
    Here are my APN settings:
    name: T-Mobile
    APN: epc.tmobile.com
    Proxy: not set
    Port: not set
    Username: not set
    Password: not set
    Server: not set
    MMSC: http:/mms.msg.eng.t-mobile.com/mms/wapenc
    MMS proxy: not set
    MMS port: not set
    MMS protocol: WAP 2.0
    MCC: 310
    MNC: 260
    Authentication type: not set
    APN type: default,supl,mms
    Bearer: Unspecified

Feedback Score

Unlocked HTC One X - Tmobile - MMS not working

I have a factory unlocked HTC one X on Tmobile with unlimited text and talk and no data plan. I am unable to send or receive MMS; I can however send SMS and make calls just find on the phone.

I heard from T-mobile that APN settings need to be setup on the phone for MMS to work. They provided me with the following link: (I can't add the link because this forum won't allow it - but search DOC-1979 through t-mobile)

In following the instructions, I get the same APN error when trying to create a New APN. It says "No SIM card found. Please insert a SIM card into the phone."

I am unsure how to move forward, please advise.

Feedback Score
    Hi snowman620,

The reason you are getting that error when trying to save the APN is because that SIM card is not fully compatible with the HTC One X. Read on, it gets worse...

I got nowhere with T-Mobile. After extensive research (trough XDA Developers forum), I found that HTC One X owners had a small chance of connecting to T-Mobile network (at EDGE speeds) if an older model, non-GBA micro sim card could be obtained from them. After visiting multiple stores and placing numerous support calls to 611, I've been told that such chips are no longer available and that the only chance of bringing my HTC One X into T-Mobile's network would be when T-Mobile decided to refarm the network frequencies to 1900MHz from the 1700MHz applied where I live. I've also learned that some areas are already operating at the higher frequencies.

Since I dropped over $500 bucks on my new phone (from ebay, non-returnable), I decided to migrate to a pay-as-you-go type of service. I am currently experiencing with H2O wireless as well as Red Pocket. In about a month I will make the final decision, dropping the loosers (T-Mobile and one of these). I was with T-Mobile for over 10 years, and loved my 'unlimited' plan! But I am actually going to save money with the pre-paid service.