Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Net10 Vs. ST "Unlimited Data"

Feedback Score

Net10 Vs. ST "Unlimited Data"

Please forgive me if this has been asked before. I searched the forums and couldn't find an answer.

So we all know that ST has a safe limit on their "unlimited" data. So with Net10, is it truly unlimited or what?

The ZTE Merit runs off the AT&T network so I'll get coverage with either plan and I can get it on either Net10 or ST. There is only a $5 price difference from what I can see.

If anyone could shed some light on this for me, I'd very much appreciate it.

Thank you in advance for your assistance.

Feedback Score
    Well I can only vouch for ST, I'm learning it seems that it only takes one quick phone call to restore full data usage on ST. This is after I've used nearly double of the "limit"....so as far as ST service, there is little effort to be put in, by way of these little annoying things you have to do. I'm sure net10 has similar regulations, and it's $5-mo more

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Shawn744 View Post
    Well I can only vouch for ST, I'm learning it seems that it only takes one quick phone call to restore full data usage on ST. This is after I've used nearly double of the "limit"....so as far as ST service, there is little effort to be put in, by way of these little annoying things you have to do. I'm sure net10 has similar regulations, and it's $5-mo more
    Thank you for the reply. I appreciate that.

Phone
    LG Octane
    Carrier
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    I'm also really wondering this. I'm looking at a Samsung Galaxy Proclaim running on Verizon's network and this is one question I haven't been able to find an answer to yet. Is the data truly unlimited on Net10? (Other question: On Net10, are the roaming agreements more or less the same as it would be on postpaid Verizon? Sorry, don't mean to hijack the thread!)

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by J.D.M. View Post
    I'm also really wondering this. I'm looking at a Samsung Galaxy Proclaim running on Verizon's network and this is one question I haven't been able to find an answer to yet. Is the data truly unlimited on Net10? (Other question: On Net10, are the roaming agreements more or less the same as it would be on postpaid Verizon? Sorry, don't mean to hijack the thread!)

the coverage for the Samsung Galaxy Proclaim is native coverage only. no roaming

Carriers
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    Net10 & Straight Talk are the same, with unlimited on ST being cheaper (better quantity month discount, promotions, etc).
    Unlimited restrictions are the same for either.
    The Proclaim is the first Verizon Smartphone so data retrictions are unknown.
    Verizon and Sprint service does not roam. AT&T and T-Mobile service does roam.

See if you can narrow your possible choices and ask more questions.

Phones
    w370
    LG 200C
    Kyocera 126C
    Carriers
    Net10
    Feedback Score
    With Verizon's own prepaid smart phone plans being $80 a month and only including 1GB of data, I feel sure there will be limits on Net10 & ST also.
    There's no present. There's only the immediate future and the recent past.George Carlin

Feedback Score
    For Unlimited 30day service you receive 50,000 Minutes and 30 Service Days to be used for talk, text/picture message and mobile web access. Yes, there is actually a cap. see also http://www.net10.com/faqs/index.jsp
    Real Life Dictionary: Cell Phone. A fancy term for mobile answering machine.

Phones
    w370
    LG 200C
    Kyocera 126C
    Carriers
    Net10
    Feedback Score
    Considering there are less than 50,000 minutes in 30 days I wouldn't worry about a cap.

They advertise the 50K as being more minutes than are in a month, yet on the unlimited plan it is not allowed to have continuous uninterupted voice calling.
    Last edited by jimates; 06-13-2012 at 10:22 PM.

Feedback Score
    I mean I've made a few 7 hour phone calls with the girlfriend, but I really think that continuous use that's against tos would be very easy to spot. If you make a 14 hour phone call everyday, ya can't make me believe that you're making normal phone calls to another person.

Phones
    Nexus 4
    Nexus 4
    E71
    Carrier
    Straight Talk (AT&T)
    Feedback Score
    N10 and ST are exactly the same. If you get refills from callingmart the actual monthly cost is a wash for most people when you consider taxes. You can also signup for auto refill with N10 for 45, but local taxes are added. The only real saving is with ST when you buy bulk months at one time. There does seem to be some indication that The TMO sim has a more lenient cap. Oh.. just remembered, if you want to be a little sneaky, you can enter a Washington State zip when you order a ST refill card on line through Walmart to save taxes getting a flat $45 cost (think I got that right; correct me if I'm wrong).
    Last edited by Loansharkie; 06-15-2012 at 05:18 PM. Reason: Just remembered something

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Loansharkie View Post
    Oh.. just remembered, if you want to be a little sneaky, you can enter a Washington State zip when you order a ST refill card on line through Walmart to save taxes getting a flat $45 cost (think I got that right; correct me if I'm wrong).
    '

I've heard of doing this with an Oregon address but I've not heard of Washington State.

Feedback Score
    Yes I've successfully purchased cards with an Oregon address with a guest account at Walmart.com two weeks ago. Works best when redeeming Walmart gift cards. Sometimes u can find them for less than face value on eBay.

Phones
    w370
    LG 200C
    Kyocera 126C
    Carriers
    Net10
    Feedback Score
    Straight Talk 3 month & 6 month cards have been exclusive to the web site, but now Walmart will sell both cards. The store I am currently marketing in already put the pegs with the price tags on them.

Phones
    Galaxy Express/Note2
    Galaxy Express
    Note 2
    Carriers
    GoPhone $35
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Fireflyqn View Post
    For Unlimited 30day service you receive 50,000 Minutes and 30 Service Days to be used for talk, text/picture message and mobile web access. Yes, there is actually a cap. see also http://www.net10.com/faqs/index.jsp
    Anyone know what the cap on data is? I'm just trying N10 and the first week I did 5.7GB of downloads and it's still not throttled. I normally do 4GB a month, I just want to hit hard to see if they squawk, I don't want to be in situation where I need the data and they pull the plug. I'll probably do another torrent and big usnet download just test again and then once more in my second month. If I can get 10GB without them pulling the plug I'll be happy, I doubt I will ever use that much data in a month, just want to find the limits.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast