Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Most are saying 2GB Data Limit for NET10 SIM, Cust Care Just Said, No?

Phones
    Unlocked Motorola Atrix 2
    Motorola Droid 3
    Carriers
    Plage Plus Wireless
    Feedback Score

Most are saying 2GB Data Limit for NET10 SIM, Cust Care Just Said, No?

Must people I see what videos I watch warn me when I get my NET10 GSM Sim Card not to go anywhere near 2GB of Data, but I just spoke to NET10 Customer Care, and asked if their is Any sort of Throttling, Data Caps, or Limits, What so ever, and the man said, no, not at all.. What do you all think?
    And if any here that reply have a Android running on NET10 or Straight Talk SIMs please let me know your experience with it... Thanks
    ***ANDROID 4 LIFE***

Carriers
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by braambo View Post
    Must people I see what videos I watch warn me when I get my NET10 GSM Sim Card not to go anywhere near 2GB of Data, but I just spoke to NET10 Customer Care, and asked if their is Any sort of Throttling, Data Caps, or Limits, What so ever, and the man said, no, not at all.. What do you all think?
    And if any here that reply have a Android running on NET10 or Straight Talk SIMs please let me know your experience with it... Thanks
    They are not allowed to give you a straight answer. An answer would prove it is not unlimited and if they gave an answer everyone would be free use max data and their profits would take a hit.

Technically it is Unlimited, but they limit it by making you follow their restrictive T&C. The actual safe limits vary, with Sprint being the most lenient, T-Mobile in the middle and AT&T being the most restrictive (2GB/Month - 300MB/day). Unlimited is covered in more detail in the HoFo Straight Talk forum and will have more current, up to date Info. ST and N10 BYOD SIM and service is identical, the only difference is in the Unlimited airtime purchase.

Carrier
    GSM: Whoever has the best deal!
    Feedback Score
    Despite what customer service says, the NET10 and Straight Talk terms and conditions specifically state they can reduce your data throughput (throttle) and / or deactivate your service for any reason. Evidence suggests they indeed do this for excessive data use.

From chapter 6 of the Straight Talk terms and conditions:

"Straight Talk reserves the right to cancel or deactivate service, and/or reduce data throughput, without notice, in order to protect the Carrier’s network from harm due to any cause including, without limitation, the excessive and/or improper use of Straight Talk service."

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Carriers
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Tracfancier View Post
    They are not allowed to give you a straight answer. An answer would prove it is not unlimited and if they gave an answer everyone would be free use max data and their profits would take a hit.

Technically it is Unlimited, but they limit it by making you follow their restrictive T&C. The actual safe limits vary, with Sprint being the most lenient, T-Mobile in the middle and AT&T being the most restrictive (2GB/Month - 300MB/day). Unlimited is covered in more detail in the HoFo Straight Talk forum and will have more current, up to date Info. ST and N10 BYOD SIM and service is identical, the only difference is in the Unlimited airtime purchase.
    I somehow mis-typed the daily useage: 300mb may very well get you in trouble with AT&T service. The extremely safe limit is only 100mb/day. Many have reported using 200-300mb/day with no problem, but it was not each and every day. Trac will not allow their employees to state any limits, all you get is a moment of silence followed by a canned response about following the T&C. Testing to determine the limits seems to be useless as Tracfone has never been consistant with anything they do, so you can never trust your findings (nor does Tracfone want you to)

Phones
    w370
    LG 200C
    Kyocera 126C
    Carriers
    Net10
    Feedback Score
    The limit (and decisions) is monitored by the fraud dept, not Customer Care.

In a training session last month I asked about the limits. both Tracfone people conducting the webinar hesitated and stuttered before giving a very vague answer that put the decisions on the fraud dept.

Limits or not, streaming audio or video is against the T&C for both Net10 & Straight Talk.

6. STRAIGHT TALK UNLIMITED TALK, TEXT AND MOBILE WEB ACCESS PLAN INTENDED USE: Straight Talk Unlimited Talk, Text and Mobile Web Access Plans may ONLY be used with a Straight Talk handset for the following purposes: (i) Person to Person Voice Calls (ii) Text and Picture Messaging (iii) Internet browsing through the Straight Talk Mobile Web Service and (iv) Authorized Content Downloads from the Straight Talk Mobile Web Store. The Straight Talk Unlimited Plans MAY NOT be used for any other purpose. Examples of prohibited uses include, without limitation, the following: (i) continuous mobile to mobile or mobile to landline voice calls; (ii) automated text or picture messaging to another mobile device or e-mail address; (iii) uploading, downloading or streaming of audio or video programming or games; (iv) server devices or host computer applications, including, but not limited to, Web camera posts or broadcasts, automatic data feeds, automated machine-to-machine connections or peer-to-peer (P2P) file sharing; or (v) as a substitute or backup for private lines or dedicated data connections. This means, by way of example only, that checking email, surfing the Internet, downloading legally acquired songs, and/or visiting corporate intranets is permitted, but downloading movies using P2P file sharing services and/or redirecting television signals for viewing on laptops is prohibited. A person engaged in prohibited uses may have his/her service terminated without notice or a refund.
    The Straight Talk Unlimited Talk, Text and Mobile Web Access Plan is for individual use only and not for resale. Specifically, Straight Talk Unlimited services are provided solely for live dialogue between, and initiated by, two individuals for personal use and as otherwise described in this policy. Unlimited voice services may not be used for any other purposes, including, but not limited to, conference calling, monitoring services, data transmissions, transmission of broadcasts, transmission of recorded material, interconnection to other networks, telemarketing, autodialed calls, other commercial uses, or other connections that do not consist of uninterrupted live dialogue between two individuals. Straight Talk reserves the right to cancel or deactivate service, and/or reduce data throughput, without notice, in order to protect the Carrier’s network from harm due to any cause including, without limitation, the excessive and/or improper use of Straight Talk service. Straight Talk reserves the right to limit or reduce data throughput speeds or the amount of data transferred, and to deny or terminate Service, without notice, to anyone Straight Talk believes is using the Straight Talk Unlimited Talk, Text and Mobile Web Access Plan in any manner prohibited above or whose usage, in Straight Talk’s sole discretion, adversely impacts the Carrier’s network or customer service levels. Straight Talk will presume you are engaging in a prohibited use in violation of these Terms and Conditions if in Straight Talk’s sole opinion, you are placing an abnormally high number of calls, or repeatedly placing calls of unusually long duration, or if your talk, text or Mobile Web usage is harmful or disruptive to the Carrier’s network or services. If we determine, at our sole discretion, that you are using an unlimited service in violation of the Straight Talk Terms and Conditions of Service, or in any other manner that we deem to be unreasonable or excessive, then we may terminate individual calls, terminate or reduce the speed of data connection throughput, Mobile Web Access or terminate your service, decline to renew your service, or offer you a different service plan with no unlimited usage component. Notwithstanding the foregoing, Straight Talk reserves the right to deny service, deactivate or cancel existing service, terminate data connections and/or reduce data throughput speeds, to anyone for any reason at any time, in Straight Talk’s sole discretion.

Straight Talk may discontinue providing Service to you, discontinue your account, discontinue providing connections to particular telephone numbers or types of Services used or called by you, terminate data connections and/or reduce data throughput speeds for customers whose usage, in the sole judgment of Straight Talk: (1) appear likely to generate abnormally high call volumes or Mobile Web Access and data usage and/or abnormally long average call lengths or Mobile Web Access and data usage as compared to the usage of other Straight Talk customers; (2) may be harmful, disruptive, or interfere with the Carrier’s network or Straight Talk or the Carrier’s ability to provide service to other customers; or (3) for any other reason in Straight Talk’s sole discretion. For detailed description of activities that could result in service interruption or termination, see paragraph 7 and the section entitled “Straight Talk Features: Intended Use” under the Mobile Web Services Section below. By initiating Service and placing or receiving calls, you acknowledge and agree to Straight Talk’s right to terminate your Service under these circumstances.
    Straight Talk may modify or cancel any Service or take corrective action at any time without prior notice and for any reason, including but not limited to your violation of this agreement.

7. STRAIGHT TALK UNLIMITED PLANS CANNOT BE USED FOR: (1) access to the Internet, intranets, or other data networks except as the device’s native applications and capabilities permit, or (2) any applications that tether your device to a laptop or personal computer other than for the use of Wireless Sync. IN ADDITION TO THE DISCLAIMERS SET FORTH IN THE AGREEMENT, YOU ACKNOWLEDGE THAT THE USE OF THE STRAIGHT TALK MOBILE WEB SERVICES IS AT YOUR SOLE RISK. THE SERVICE IS PROVIDED ON AN "AS IS" AND "AS AVAILABLE" BASIS WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND. STRAIGHT TALK MAKES NO WARRANTY THAT THE STRAIGHT TALK MOBILE WEB SERVICES WILL (i) MEET YOUR REQUIREMENTS, (ii) ALLOW ACCESS TO ALL THIRD PARTY SITES, OR (iii) BE UNINTERRUPTED, TIMELY, SECURE OR ERROR FREE. NO ADVICE OR INFORMATION OBTAINED FROM ANY OTHER SOURCE SHALL CREATE ANY WARRANTY NOT EXPRESSLY STATED IN THE AGREEMENT OR THE STRAIGHT TALK MOBILE WEB SERVICES TERMS OF USE. You are responsible for all activities undertaken by you using the Straight Talk Mobile Web Services, including without limitation, the use of email. You shall not use, nor permit others to use, the Straight Talk Mobile Web Services in a manner or for a purpose contrary to this Agreement.
    There's no present. There's only the immediate future and the recent past.George Carlin

Phones
    Note2/Oppo7a
    Galaxy Express
    Note 2
    Carriers
    GoPhone $35
    Feedback Score
    In my first week I did 5.7GB of downloads and no throttling yet. Just testing the waters and seeing where the limit is, by no means do I plan on doing huge downloads all the time.

Carrier
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Unfortunately, it's still the biggest "scam" of all-time in my opinion: selling "Unlimited everything..." and yet putting such restrictions in place that if you attempt to use it in a manner that ~99% of the people using smartphones use them: some amount of streaming audio or video or downloading files, etc, especially if they're coming from your carrier itself or someone else like an app store.

I wish someone would start a class action lawsuit someday against every company of any kind - not just cell providers - that advertises in big bold letters "Unlimited <whatever>..." and then puts some legal crap in the fine print that basically says they get to kick you to the curb if you happen to actually do it.

This stuff is as bad as it gets, really. I just picked up a Motorola Atrix 2 last night at a pawn shop for super-cheap pricing and wanted to get it set up with NET10 and move my number over (been with NET10 for 7+ years now) and get on the $50/month plan. Now, I don't have direct intentions of pulling down gig after gig after gig of data, but I do listen to things like iHeartRadio, TuneIn, police scanners (Scanner Radio Pro), and other such streams, and I do have a Netflix account but I rarely would find it useful on the Atrix unless I forgot to copy a movie or two to the storage card, etc.

And using the smartphone in a manner conducive with not only it's purpose but also the OS's purpose as well... and then having the carrier yank the plug on me, so to speak, for just that very thing.

I swear, it's so lame it's not even funny, it never has been, it never will be. We need a true unlimited carrier for a decent price, and unfortunately we (meaning consumers in general) aren't going to get one.

Phone
    S390G LG500G T404G T301G V170
    Carrier
    TracFone (AT&T SIM)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by br0adband View Post
    I wish someone would start a class action lawsuit someday against every company of any kind - not just cell providers - that advertises in big bold letters "Unlimited <whatever>..." and then puts some legal crap in the fine print that basically says they get to kick you to the curb if you happen to actually do it.
    We need a true unlimited carrier for a decent price, and unfortunately we (meaning consumers in general) aren't going to get one.
    In time it'll come. I still remember unlimited dial-up ISP accounts where they'd kick you off after and hour or two. Over time that became 4 hrs, then 8. Never said officially how long you could keep the connection active.

Never did become truly unlimited. The TOS for dial-up still say it's not intended as a full time connection.

Phones
    w370
    LG 200C
    Kyocera 126C
    Carriers
    Net10
    Feedback Score
    Class Action

Consumers would rather sue Skechers for not getting a "Brooke Burke Butt" by wearing their shoes. Or sue Rutella because it isn't as healthy as consumers interpreted their ads.

Phones
    Note2/Oppo7a
    Galaxy Express
    Note 2
    Carriers
    GoPhone $35
    Feedback Score
    Since the terms of service for ST were posted. Take a look at Sprint's terms of services. Seems like it is similar. So I think those offending T&S lines that people quote is just boiler plate and you will find it similar statements in all cell contracts.

Prohibited Network Uses. To ensure the activities of some users do not impair the ability of our customers to have access to reliable services provided at reasonable costs, you may not use our services in a manner that is unlawful, infringes on intellectual property rights, or harms or unduly interferes with the use of Sprint's network or systems. Sprint reserves the right, without notice or limitation, to limit data throughput speeds or quantities or to deny, terminate, end, modify, disconnect, or suspend service if an individual engages in any of the prohibited voice or data uses detailed below or if Sprint, in its sole discretion, determines action is necessary to protect its wireless networks from harm or degradation. Examples of prohibited voice uses: Sprint voice services are provided solely for live dialogue between, and initiated by, individuals for personal use and as otherwise described in this policy. Sprint services may not be used for any other purposes, including, but not limited to: monitoring services, transmission of broadcasts, transmission of recorded material, telemarketing, autodialed calls, other commercial uses, or other connections that do not consist of uninterrupted live dialogue between individuals. Examples of prohibited data uses: Sprint data services are provided solely for purposes of web surfing, sending and receiving email, photographs and other similar messaging activities, and the non-continuous streaming of videos, downloading of files or on line gaming. Our data services may not be used: (i) to generate excessive amounts of Internet traffic through the continuous, unattended streaming, downloading or uploading of videos or other files or to operate hosting services including, but not limited to, web or gaming hosting; (ii) to maintain continuous active network connections to the Internet such as through a web camera or machine-to-machine connections that do not involve active participation by a person; (iii) to disrupt email use by others using automated or manual routines, including, but not limited to "auto-responders" or cancel bots or other similar routines; (iv) to transmit or facilitate any unsolicited or unauthorized advertising, telemarketing, promotional materials, "junk mail", unsolicited commercial or bulk email, or fax; (v) for activities adversely affecting the ability of other people or systems to use either Sprint's wireless services or other parties' Internet-based resources, including, but not limited to, "denial of service" (DoS) attacks against another network host or individual user; (vi) for an activity that connects any device to Personal Computers (including without limitation, laptops), or other equipment for the purpose of transmitting wireless data over the network (unless customer is using a plan designated for such usage); or (vi) for any other reason that, in our sole discretion violates our policy of providing service for individual use. Unlimited Use Plans. If you subscribe to rate plans, services or features that are described as unlimited, you should be aware that such "unlimited" plans are subject to these Sprint Prohibited Network Uses.
    Since all this quoting takes up a lot of space. Here is a link to Net10's

http://www.net10.com/content/terms_conditions.jsp

Phone
    Atrix/Skyrocket/R455C/Samsung Jack
    Carrier
    GoPhone LTE
    Feedback Score
    one thing that is different between them is net10 had a stated limit in their faqs. straight talk does not. i give net10 credit for making an effort. i just learned this today and i have a stack of straight talk cards to go through. that will be my last straight talk service card if nothing changes between now and then. phones are cheap, ill switch.

Phones
    Note2/Oppo7a
    Galaxy Express
    Note 2
    Carriers
    GoPhone $35
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by alphamale-b View Post
    one thing that is different between them is net10 had a stated limit in their faqs. straight talk does not. i give net10 credit for making an effort. i just learned this today and i have a stack of straight talk cards to go through. that will be my last straight talk service card if nothing changes between now and then. phones are cheap, ill switch.
    Could you post a link to the data usage in the FAQ? I have been all over N10s site and have not seen an FAQ or anything that clearly defines their data limit. I'm past 10GB for my first month and there is no throttling or threats. Ill go back to my normal data use age not worry about it till something happens. Worst case, I'm out $46. I've got other option besides ST or N10.

Phone
    Carrier
    GoPhone LTE
    Feedback Score
    Q. How does the NET10 Unlimited 30 Day Monthly Plan work? A. You will receive 50,000 Minutes and 30 Service Days to be used for talk, text/picture message and mobile web access.

Phone
    Carrier
    GoPhone LTE
    Feedback Score

Phones
    nokia 6350, iphone 3gs
    iphone 3gs
    nokia 6350
    Carriers
    straight talk
    verizon
    Feedback Score
    If you read carefully on the net 10 service agreement thingy it WILL tell you that the limit is 50,000 minutes a month, and they also post the conversions for data (I.E. how many minutes does 1 mb use) and you can figure it out from there. If you call and ask', I've actually heard people say that it IS truly unltd and they can only cut you off if they catch you tethering, but If you have a jail broken idevice u can use pdanet and hide your tethering

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast