Google Voice with Straight Talk, GV Anroid App
OK, so I am beginning to accept the fact that I may not be able to use my ND phone number directly with my Inspire, as ST maybe can't or won't activate it with my current number. I looked around at other GSM carriers, and really can't find anything comparable, who would activate a 701 number. I HAVE to keep this number.
SO, I'm looking into the Google Voice with Android app on Straight Talk as a solution. Can anyone here answer some questions, or maybe direct me to a previous discussion?
1) The GV Android app has mixed reviews, at best, at the app market. How "invisible" is it, in actual use. How many "glitches" does it have? Specifically, does anyone use it on the HTC Inspire w/ Andrioid 2.3.3?
2) Is it correct that the app won't work with MMS? I prefer to use email to send pics, but some people don't have that capability, or don't know how. I realize that I can always MMS from the ST phone number. And I can give that number to family and friends, hoping that they remember to use it when sending me pics.
3) I currently have an old Minnesota number ported to GV and forwarded to my ST number. If I don't answer the call in time, it goes to GV voice mail, NOT ST voice mail. Sometimes, I don't get notification for a day or more, that I have a message. That would be a HUGE problem, if my current (used for business) number had the same issue. I am NOT currently using the android app, would it solve that problem?
4) Is is true that I may never get my number back from GV? I've heard of people having difficulty porting OUT from GV.
5) What happens when I am in a no-data coverage area? Do my calls still get forwarded? What number would my outgoing calls show me calling from? How about SMS?
6) Is voice quality on calls the same as it would be if I were not using GV/GV Android App?
7) Any and all input would be VERY VERY appreciated! TIA!
My Phone Can Amortize, Can Yours?