Page 2 of 33 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ... LastLast

Thread: Softbank 007SH Unlock FOUND!

Carrier(s)
    Personal (Argentina)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by tokyo_dom View Post
    They have figured it out on the 005SH

However it doesnt seem to be as stable, or there are still quite a few risks

As for the talk of SIM locking, i have asked this several times on the 2ch threads. The responses were "Those who know, have already taken the sim lock off, but we wont publish how its done. Suffice to say, Qualcomm's NAND code is not particularly unique or difficult to understand, so if you are adept with that, you will figure it out. Any more discussion is taboo."

And that was it. Taboo. Apparently one guy was going to build a tool for reading/and then writing to the radio portion of the NAND, but he never published it.

How is it that hacking a phone is ok, but making it worlwide compatible is taboo?

mind = blown

I have a question: supposing that I do this risky root and everything goes OK, I will have access to those folders (the ones in the NAND section, like described in the pdf you showed us, including the radio folder), right?. Can I copy those folders, specially the radio folder, and ask for help in XDA Developers forums to someone who knows Qualcomm's NAND code to modify something inside that radio folder and finlly get the sim unlock? ......

or even better: can you try to send a personal message to that guy who was building that tool, and ask him if he can send it to you? (maybe he doesn't want it to share it with the whole 2ch forum, but with 1 person it's ok...)

Device(s)
    SH-01F, F-01F, SO-04E, SO-02F, F-02F, F-02D
    Carrier(s)
    Docomo
    Feedback Score
    Is anyone in direct contact with the guy who is making the most progress to unlock the 007SH and giving out the information for free?

Because maybe if that guy bricked his phone, and needs another 007SH, I might just send him 1-2 for free, so this information can just get out for everyone to use
    Pew Pew Keitai Lazer~~~~

Carrier(s)
    Personal (Argentina)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyoex View Post
    Is anyone in direct contact with the guy who is making the most progress to unlock the 007SH and giving out the information for free?

Because maybe if that guy bricked his phone, and needs another 007SH, I might just send him 1-2 for free, so this information can just get out for everyone to use
    I've posted a message in that forum telling about your generous offer: http://bbs.blueshow.net/thread-1722269-2-1.html

I hope they don't ban me for speaking english, and that someone there can understand it

Device(s)
    SH-01F, F-01F, SO-04E, SO-02F, F-02F, F-02D
    Carrier(s)
    Docomo
    Feedback Score
    Well I only want the ACTUAL person contacting me :P

hopefully I don't get like 100 people asking for a free 007SH

Carrier(s)
    Personal (Argentina)
    Feedback Score

I think that the user "bluepolice" is the one who uploads the unlocks and test them (also the one who bricked his phone), but the one who creates them is a different person. I have no clue who can that person be.

Anyways, if anybody asks you for a free 007SH you can obviously ask very specific questions to him so you can realise if he is really the one developing this whole stuff . Don't worry, I doubt that you'll get like 100 people asking for a free phone (in fact, I doubt that anybody in that forum actually reads my message xD)

Device(s)
    HTC One X LTE
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers | Three HK
    Feedback Score

I'm actually the person doing all this. I'll make do with 50 007SHs

/tryingtopullanislandboychillyman

Sent from my HTC One X LTE
    iPhone 6s | N-06C

Device(s)
    Sony Xperia Z5 Premium E6853
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile USA / T-Mobile Germany / Orange Poland /
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by yamanote View Post
    I'm actually the person doing all this. I'll make do with 50 007SHs

/tryingtopullanislandboychillyman

Sent from my HTC One X LTE
    Island Boy and chillyman.... hahaha I caught that.

It's all good (^_^)

http://www.howardforums.com/showthre...668534-IonNuke <<< My Feedback... rising from the dead.

Everyone's on their own for hypersims. I'm out har har har har har~~~~

Device(s)
    NEC Medias X (N-04E)
    Carrier(s)
    Docomo (Japan)
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    The radio part isnt a 'folder' which can be copied and downloaded. It is a separate chip which will need to be read/written to. No idea how thats done but obviously it must be possible using ADB

Carrier(s)
    Personal (Argentina)
    Feedback Score
    The radio part isnt a 'folder' which can be copied and downloaded. It is a separate chip which will need to be read/written to. No idea how thats done but obviously it must be possible using ADB
    Ok I've got a question. Maybe it sounds kinda stupid but I gotta ask . The radio part of the NAND includes the bands of the phone (900/1800/1900 Mhz) , right?. Is it POSSIBLE (for someone who knows about this stuff) to modificate any of the bands? For example, change the 900Mhz band to 850Mhz?. I ask because I remember seeing very old posts on the internet about flashing Motorola phones in which you could change the bands with a software, but maybe those phones were hardware capable of doing that but these ones not ...

Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    It's allllll hardware, you can't command a radio to receive a certain band when it's not physically capable of doing so.

Device(s)
    NEC Medias X (N-04E)
    Carrier(s)
    Docomo (Japan)
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Oh btw, decided to not be a sissy and go ahead and do this. First bit of good news - the reason he is going into all that detail to explain is that the menu program and all of the onscreen instructions are in ENGLISH.

I have managed to get root and get into the main tool menu. Only thing i am unsure about is the fact that the ROM modification tool is for software version 0038, and i have 0046.... I am still undecided if i will try to do this or not.

However, the tool works in a similar way to the 005SH tool - we flash the modified ROM to the recovery partition first, and check whether it works first. Then if that is OK we put it onto the main boot partition (think of the phone as being dual-boot)

Meh, I guess i am not too worried about this phone anymore. Enjoyed playing with the HTC ChaCha more than i did with this phone
    Will let you know the results

Device(s)
    NEC Medias X (N-04E)
    Carrier(s)
    Docomo (Japan)
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Well bummer. The 007sh0038.EXE program performs a CRC check on the boot image that you are trying to modify. Obviously to stop people (like me) doing it to phones with the wrong software version.

Now to see if i can find out any info on how to get it working with the software version that i do have

Carrier(s)
    Personal (Argentina)
    Feedback Score
    Well bummer. The 007sh0038.EXE program performs a CRC check on the boot image that you are trying to modify. Obviously to stop people (like me) doing it to phones with the wrong software version.

Now to see if i can find out any info on how to get it working with the software version that i do have

Why don't you try the second hack I posted? (the one which has the file "menu0526" ) I think that someone in the blueshow forums said that it even works with the 0048 version

Device(s)
    NEC Medias X (N-04E)
    Carrier(s)
    Docomo (Japan)
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I was using that one :-/

I think i just need to edit my rom manually, with a Hex editor... why not!? LOL Just gotta figure out what bytes to edit

Oh and did find this thread too:
    http://apk.tw/thread-61656-1-1.html

Check the post by bluepolice: Apparently sim lock is easily removed. But he wont say how

Carrier(s)
    Personal (Argentina)
    Feedback Score
    I was using that one :-/

I think i just need to edit my rom manually, with a Hex editor... why not!? LOL Just gotta figure out what bytes to edit
    if you know what you're doing, then go ahead xD

Oh and did find this thread too:
    http://apk.tw/thread-61656-1-1.html

Check the post by bluepolice: Apparently sim lock is easily removed. But he wont say how
    damn >_<

any chance that YOU can discover it and share it somehow? . I'm desperate for that unlock, and I think I have my 007SH with version S0036 or S0038 (I don't remember, I've been using my old Nokia for like a month and a half now xD). ... I don't understand why they won't share it ... is it ilegal or something?

Page 2 of 33 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ... LastLast