Thread: Softbank 007SH Unlock FOUND!

Device(s)
    NEC Medias X (N-04E)
    Carrier(s)
    Docomo (Japan)
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bluepolice
    I have the S0038, the SIM unlock shared the words of the full ROOT Solutions SIM lock is easy to
    Quote Originally Posted by tamadekmt
    SIM Unlock sharing 2012-4-26 08:15 good! 007Sh, 006Sh 005Sh, 003Sh same method, should be replaced by file.
    Why the NT, the RMB ...
    Quote Originally Posted by izumi2012
    I tried to get the two S0044 version of the kernel to do a comparison of the data taken from a soft solution machine, a machine's no soft solution, the results of the two exactly the same data, but it looks like the communication parameters are generally in the kernel Yeah, Is the replacement of files outside the boot.img partition?
    Quote Originally Posted by Monster A
    Should not be modified boot.img
    just individual files under the system partition
    Quote Originally Posted by tamadekmt
    instead of modifying the boot.img on it!
    See mao when to start to unlock, if it is SYStem can R / W (mid-December 2011), then modify the file should be before the system partition or data partition, that is can the Temporary root after that can only be in the data and other non-core areas.
    Thats the google translations... If you read chinese, then you are probably better off just joining the forum and reading it in its originality

Carrier(s)
    Personal (Argentina)
    Feedback Score
    O_O I did not understand a single thing xD. I just know how to read english and spanish

I've seen in that apk.tw forum that one user, "tamadekmt" spoke some english ... so I just sent him a PM asking him how to SIM Unlock. Let's hope that he answers
    Last edited by SuperSZ; 06-11-2012 at 12:28 AM.

Device(s)
    NEC Medias X (N-04E)
    Carrier(s)
    Docomo (Japan)
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Now, whether to trust a page i just found by googling
    http://www45.atwiki.jp/aquosphonesh12c/pages/28.html

Which talks about what you need to edit to ensure root at boot time... I am 90% confident, because, well, it is the same info on several pages, the 007SH boot image has the same bytes in similar positions. Ahh i'll let you guys know how i go

Device(s)
    NEC Medias X (N-04E)
    Carrier(s)
    Docomo (Japan)
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Ok talking to myself here, but I flashed my manually edited boot image into my recovery partition, and was able to boot succesfully.
    Issue is, the menu0526 does NOT install the required su, busybox, autoexec.sh, so i did not have root permissions on reboot.

I went back, and this time used the original menu program that was with the initial download, and this time it prompted to install the required files. Booted into recovery. At first nothing seemed different, but until now i was not able to use the IS03rootsw, and now i can. So i guess it is successful. Now to go and write to my main boot partition

Device(s)
    NEC Medias X (N-04E)
    Carrier(s)
    Docomo (Japan)
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    VERY IMPORTANT
    The original menu.7z FAILS when trying to write to the boot partition.
    You get a whole bunch of errors, and a partially written boot partition - if you disconnect your phone now or reboot into the main boot partition you WILL have problems.

But the menu0526 works, and can write your boot.img into the boot partition.

So the process is:
    Run menu0526 to make your backups and then copy them to the PC.
    Make a copy of, and rename the boot image backup to be boot.img
    Use 007sh0038.exe to modify your boot image backup, or do what i did and manually hex edit the boot.img
    I do not recommend you to manually edit it. If you take the risk, you take all responsibility

Go back and use the original menu program to write that image to the recovery partition. Select yes on everything, but dont bother nand unlocking (that is not necessary right now)
    Reboot into recovery partition, confirm it is all working, then quit the original menu program

Now go and use menu0526 again, and do the same thing for the boot partition. Finally reboot from boot partition.

This process worked for me. I do not take any responsibility for others being noobs and stuffing their phones up

Carrier(s)
    DOCOMO
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Is it unlocked now Dom?

Device(s)
    Sony Xperia Z5 Premium E6853
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile USA / T-Mobile Germany / Orange Poland /
    Feedback Score
    **drumrolls for dom's answer**

It's all good (^_^)

http://www.howardforums.com/showthre...668534-IonNuke <<< My Feedback... rising from the dead.

Everyone's on their own for hypersims. I'm out har har har har har~~~~

Device(s)
    NEC Medias X (N-04E)
    Carrier(s)
    Docomo (Japan)
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I have complete root access.

It isnt SIM unlocked though, but i doubt anyone thought that it might magically get done too...

Interestingly, after the process above, i thought i was done; but after every reboot i had to enable root using IS03RootSW
    And although I had root access, but wasnt able to remount the /system R/W

I went back through, and selected the UNLOCK NAND option from the original "menu" program. Now i have root straight after a reboot, and i can mount the /system as R/W

One strange bit left - i dont get the Superuser prompt. I just have root access for everything. Kinda scary to be honest!
    Note that i can see that SU is not in /system/bin - it is in /sbin, and autoexec.sh which gets called at boot, copies it to /dev as well. Anyone have any ideas on how to make sure i get prompted for SU access?

Device(s)
    Aquos Zeta SH-01G
    Carrier(s)
    Mtel Bulgaria
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by tokyo_dom View Post
    i have complete root access.

It isnt sim unlocked though, but i doubt anyone thought that it might magically get done too...

Interestingly, after the process above, i thought i was done; but after every reboot i had to enable root using is03rootsw
    and although i had root access, but wasnt able to remount the /system r/w

i went back through, and selected the unlock nand option from the original "menu" program. Now i have root straight after a reboot, and i can mount the /system as r/w

one strange bit left - i dont get the superuser prompt. I just have root access for everything. Kinda scary to be honest!
    Note that i can see that su is not in /system/bin - it is in /sbin, and autoexec.sh which gets called at boot, copies it to /dev as well. Anyone have any ideas on how to make sure i get prompted for su access?
    Fantastic! Great job!
    Sharp mobile devices database & tips for Sharp smartphones: http://sharp.cheeseus.org
    Selling: Near mint Sharp SoftBank 005SH: SIM unlocked, permanent root, 16 GB microSD, leather case
    Selling: Sharp Aquos Phone 007SH – The Hybrid, SIM-unlocked, permanent root, 16 GB microSD, optimised.

Carrier(s)
    Personal (Argentina)
    Feedback Score
    tokyo_dom, 3 questions:

1) Is it stable? I think I've read that maybe the phone restarts with no reason, or meanwhile performing a phone call after the root and nand unlock (or maybe that doesn't happen and it was just a sucky google translation from one of that chinese forums )

2) If you already have root access to everything, what does exactly Superuser do? (I think I'm asking a "noob question" xD)

3) what does "remount the /system R/W" means ? (I understood that it's something you can do only when you have the Nand unlocked, but don't know what it means)

So basicly the process of doing the root is what you said above, but you NEED to NAND unlock, right? so the final instructions to do this would be:

1) Run menu0526 to make your backups and then copy them to the PC.
    2) Make a copy of, and rename the boot image backup to be boot.img
    3)Use 007sh0038.exe to modify your boot image backup, OR manually hex edit the boot.img
    (NOT recommended to manually hex edit the boot.img; If you take the risk, you take all responsibility)
    3) Go back and use the original menu program to write that image to the recovery partition. Select yes on everything, INCLUDING NAND Unlocking.
    4) Reboot into recovery partition, confirm it is all working, then quit the original menu program
    Last edited by SuperSZ; 06-11-2012 at 10:16 AM.

Device(s)
    NEC Medias X (N-04E)
    Carrier(s)
    Docomo (Japan)
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I cant comment on stability, as it isnt my main phone. It hasnt rebooted on me yet. I suspect that people who have root, will also play around with removing apps etc - and this causes instability

Superuser app is *supposed* to prompt me when an app requires root privileges, and offer me the opportunity to reject/approve it etc. Not sure if i need it since it isnt really working, but i would stick with the instructions.

As for system r/w (read/write), that is needed to mess with stuff in the /system folder - i.e. system apps etc

To be honest, i was going between the programs, trying to work out what went wrong. I wouldnt really want you guys trying this out on $500 phones - my instructions may have issues.

One thing i have just found out - FULL root, including the ability to RW mount the System folder, is lost on reboot. For some reason it didnt get lost during the first reboot i did though. What i have found is that Menu0526 appears to unlock the NAND and enable writing to the system directory as it starts up (you dont need to do anything, except type "YEs" at the prompt), but you lose it on reboot.

However what i do have on reboot, is the ability to turn root on and off with the IS03RootSW. I can do most things that require root, But i cannot mount the System as RW (uninstall system apps etc)

And if i need to write to the system directory i can enable that temporarily

Dammit, in all my messing around i have sort of lost track of what worked regarding the writing of the boot images

Device(s)
    NEC Medias X (N-04E)
    Carrier(s)
    Docomo (Japan)
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Ok you guys might be getting sick of my ramblings, but i have just gone through it all again (my work yesterday did not disable MIYABI LSM), and i can confirm the following procedure worked for me. Typed as i did it so no forgetting this time.

1. Copy APKs (Superuser, IS03RootSW) to phone and install. They wont work at this point
    2. Start the original menu program and backup system images (using "menu")
    3. Copy backed up images to PC. Now modify the boot image
    4. If you have software version 0038, use the 007sh0038.exe to modify your boot image

5. Copy modified image to "menu" folder, and write image to recovery partition (using "menu")
      • - Install autoexec.sh
      • - Install files to /data/local/
      • - Unlock NAND [N]

6. Boot from recovery from main menu (using "menu")
      • Confirm everything worked, and no errors, strange behaviour. Use IS03Rootsw to enable root, and then check that you can mount the system as r/w, and have other root privileges

7. Now try to use "menu" to Write to boot partition - FAIL - Possibly due to my software version being different?
    8. WITHOUT DISCONNECTING YOUR PHONE! Start up "menu0526". Also copy that modified image to the menu0526 directory
    9. Root is taken automatically on startup, type "YEs" to continue etc
    10. Write image to boot - no errors
    11. From the main menu of "menu0526", select reboot from boot.
      • Confirm it is all working, and you should be sorted.

12. Turn the phone off from the phone, and reboot, just to be safe

Last bit of unknown is that it seems that although i have full root after this procedure, and i am able to mount /system as r/w:
    SuperUser prompt is still not shown - all apps just automatically have root capabilities
    *Sometimes* EStrongs file explorer can still not view files in certain areas - for example /data. Might be more of an issue with that file explorer though, as there are no issues after a reboot.

Note that anyone that bricks their phone trying to follow what i did should take responsibility for their own actions. Find someone who can take the phone to Softbank for warranty for you (hint, it wont be ME!), or learn how to unbrick it yourself, or as a last option, member Kokos in russia claims to be able to lift a phone from any state. Bonus is that you can also ask him to unlock it for you at the same time.

Device(s)
    Sharp 003SH
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Hey tokyo, so you havn't been able to Sim unlock, just root?

Carrier(s)
    Personal (Argentina)
    Feedback Score
    Tokyo_dom, thanks a LOT for all this. We really appreciate it!

Quote Originally Posted by Disastorm View Post
    Hey tokyo, so you havn't been able to Sim unlock, just root?
    It's very probable that he hasn't been able to do that yet, otherwise he would have told us how (or at least announce that he did it). He can take all the time he needs, because as far as we know, he may be the only person so far who would tell us how to do it

Device(s)
    NEC Medias X (N-04E)
    Carrier(s)
    Docomo (Japan)
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Yeah no SIM unlocking yet. I am far from a hacker though; just someone silly enough to risk bricking their phone on a few sparse instructions.

I did see the USIM-MEP string in my System-OOB image file though; this is what is shown on the screen when you put a non SB SIM in the phone. No idea what apk or area that is stored in though.

I would put more faith in those chinese guys... They have the sim locked and sim unlocked phones side by side to compare!

Something which should be cleared up: NAND UNLOCK is required to write stuff to NAND; i.e. flash images/ROMs etc.
    MIYABI LSM is a separate lock that prevents the /system directory from being mounted as R/W (something needed to remove system apps etc)

SIM Lock is something different altogether.

Page 3 of 33 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 ... LastLast