Thread: Panasonic phone: Panasonic p900iv and Panasonic VS7 face covers and tool

Feedback Score

Unhappy Panasonic phone: Panasonic p900iv and Panasonic VS7 face covers and tool

trying to find both the Panasonic p900iV and the extra face covers for the Panasonic VS7 with the tool needed to change them. help?

Device(s)
    Nokia 6230b (5.50 with Chinese)
    Carrier(s)
    Cingular
    Feedback Score
    i might still have the tool somewhere...but only have one faceplate

Feedback Score

Tool

Quote Originally Posted by aw614 View Post
    i might still have the tool somewhere...but only have one faceplate
    The tool will work for the Panasonic VS7? Do you have the dark gray one? That's the one I really like. It's actually the one I'm after. The place I bought the phone from did NOT mention which one they'd send me. Shame on them. The one they showed of course, was the dark gray cover.

Device(s)
    m430i
    Carrier(s)
    WIND
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Zerodaj View Post
    The tool will work for the Panasonic VS7? Do you have the dark gray one? That's the one I really like. It's actually the one I'm after. The place I bought the phone from did NOT mention which one they'd send me. Shame on them. The one they showed of course, was the dark gray cover.

Any tool for the panasonic old series should work fine with vs7 (so any from the VS-MX-SA lines and also the japanese docomos tool and screws should be compatible.. I can tell you for sure that the tool is the same not sure about the screws thou)

To find extra vs7 faceplates now it's rather difficoult, since many years have passed since the launch of the phone, you can try here if there's someone who's willing to sell one to you or try to search on some chinese site.
    I'd recommend you only to focus on taiwanese ebay since there was the place where I could find mine back in the days and that allowed (at the time) people to contact the seller out of the site.. donno if it's the same now.. ebay china and hong kong version didn't give this option).

anyway things may have changed so give a look at those sites and maybe you can still find somethin'.

about the p900iv faceplate I donno but the only place that's likely to have something is yahoo.auctions japan. You can register easily there and if you find what you looking for you can try to ask the seller if they are willing to sell abroad. Most will refuse but I bought a p902i cristal faceplate there writing in japanese to a seller and asking to send it where I live (Italy).

Good luck!

Feedback Score

Sorry, what I meant was...

Thanks. I may have to try that. But what I meant was I really wanted the Panasonic p900iv. I understand that it WILL be a needle in a haystack, but you never know. I also was looking for the extra faceplates that can exhanged out with the VS7. I did not know that the tool was versatile. That's good to know. Also, thanks for the luck. I'm going to need it.

Name:  panasonic_VS2art.jpg
Views: 815
Size:  24.4 KB

This is what the screws for it look like. I took this image from the internet. The screws are hexagonal in shape. Don't know what kind of screw head it needs.

Quote Originally Posted by PANDAKOPANDA View Post
    Any tool for the panasonic old series should work fine with vs7 (so any from the VS-MX-SA lines and also the japanese docomos tool and screws should be compatible.. I can tell you for sure that the tool is the same not sure about the screws thou)

To find extra vs7 faceplates now it's rather difficoult, since many years have passed since the launch of the phone, you can try here if there's someone who's willing to sell one to you or try to search on some chinese site.
    I'd recommend you only to focus on taiwanese ebay since there was the place where I could find mine back in the days and that allowed (at the time) people to contact the seller out of the site.. donno if it's the same now.. ebay china and hong kong version didn't give this option).

anyway things may have changed so give a look at those sites and maybe you can still find somethin'.

about the p900iv faceplate I donno but the only place that's likely to have something is yahoo.auctions japan. You can register easily there and if you find what you looking for you can try to ask the seller if they are willing to sell abroad. Most will refuse but I bought a p902i cristal faceplate there writing in japanese to a seller and asking to send it where I live (Italy).

Good luck!

Feedback Score

Too much?

Hey, is $50 for the tool needed and two faceplates too much?

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Cingular
    Feedback Score
    i think the screw driver is just a basic torx.

Device(s)
    m430i
    Carrier(s)
    WIND
    Feedback Score
    50$ O__O

think you can buy a whole package (mobile and covers) for that much..

deff too much for a couple of faceplates.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Cingular
    Feedback Score

Feedback Score

Unhappy uh,

Quote Originally Posted by Zerodaj View Post
    Thanks. I may have to try that. But what I meant was I really wanted the Panasonic p900iv. I understand that it WILL be a needle in a haystack, but you never know. I also was looking for the extra faceplates that can exhanged out with the VS7. I did not know that the tool was versatile. That's good to know. Also, thanks for the luck. I'm going to need it.

Name:  panasonic_VS2art.jpg
Views: 815
Size:  24.4 KB

This is what the screws for it look like. I took this image from the internet. The screws are hexagonal in shape. Don't know what kind of screw head it needs.

Has anyone found the black face cover to the Panasonic vs7 yet?

Feedback Score

Still looking

Still looking for this guy:: Panasonic p900iv