Thread: Boost Mobile's new hotspot feature

Carrier
    Boost Mobile
    Feedback Score

Boost Mobile's new hotspot feature

I bought the new HTC Evo Design 4G phone on Thursday. I activated it and added the Hotspot add-on.

Let me first say that I love this phone.

I could not get the hotspot to work; I kept getting an error 67 message. I gave it 24 hours before I tried contacting support. Contacting Boost Mobile support is one of the most difficult tasks ever, but that's a different post. I finally got ahold of someone Saturday morning. Got a bunch of different stories why it wouldn't work, but finally got what I believe is the true story.

Apparently, Boost Mobile's system did not actually activate the hotspot feature, but set it to activate on 7/2 when my monthly renewal renews. The representative said that they will fix it immediately and I should hear back from them within 6 days as this is a known issue and they have a lot of tickets concerning this to process.

Any reasonable recommendations on how to get Boost Mobile to activate it sooner than that? That seems like a long time to have to wait to just activate a feature.

-Rick

Phones
    Samsung Galaxy SII
    Samsung Galaxy SII
    Carriers
    Boost Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Question? Are you an new boost customer or did you have service? If you are current customer boost is having issues updating the plans to include teathering, however this should be fixed as u said on your next payment date. You may want to call boost next week however to see if it has been resolved

Sent from my SPH-D710 using HowardForums
    I'm Learning...

Carrier
    Boost Mobile
    Feedback Score
    I've been a Boost Mobile customer since April 2011; purchased this phone on Thursday (the first day I could get it locally) and activated the 4G plan and hot spot add on.

Carrier
    Boost Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Ditch the hotspot feature. Mosey over to androidforums.com and root the device. Use wifi hotspot without Boost's blessings and the associated problems.