Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: my samsung fascinate would not work on pageplus

Carrier
    PagePlus Cellular
    Feedback Score

my samsung fascinate would not work on pageplus

that's weird... i purchased a verizon samsung fascinate from craigslist for 150. the phone is flawless all around. i call pageplus to get it activated but couldn't get through even after like 40mins on the phone trying everything. the pageplus rep guy told me he's try about everything he can to get it worked. he says people have call in to activate samsung fascinate phones before and it worked without no problem but he just can't seem to get mine's to work. this phone is clean and everything wonder why it wouldn't work?... ****! i feel like i just wasted 150 on something i shouldn't at the first place..

Phone
    HTC Droid Incredible 2
    Carriers
    PagePlus Cellular
    Feedback Score
    But what is the problem? If it is a hardware problem and the phone was advertised as working, simply return it. If you or PPC has not given/input the ESN correctly, it won't work. Did you triple check the ESN? Those 8s and Bs look a lot alike on those little stickers!

EDIT:
    I just noticed you got it on CL, so maybe returning it isn't an option like it would be if you had used eBay. So be more detailed about the problem, and maybe somebody here can help.
    PagePlus---13 Years & Counting . . . . . Lycamobile---1 Year & Counting
    *Ericsson AF738, Jul 2001-Dec 2003, *Qualcomm QCP 2760, Dec 2003-Feb 2008, *LG VX-8600, Feb 2008-Apr 2010, *Samsung Omnia SCH-i910, Apr 2010-Nov 2011, *HTC Droid Incredible (CM7.2 ROM), Nov 2011-Jun 2013, *HTC Droid Incredible 2 (CM7.2 ROM), Jun 2013-Present

Carrier
    PagePlus Cellular
    Feedback Score
    actually got it to work. call pageplus again and a different rep was able to help me. all it took was a simple number to get through.

Phone
    Droid Razr Maxx, GS2
    Carriers
    page plus, at&t
    Feedback Score
    Yeah I did a Samsung Fascinate for a friend on Friday and it went quick and smooth with no problems. Did everything online on Page Plus web site including porting their number from Verizon. Port was complete in under 5 minutes and then I did OTA programming on the Fascinate and he was off on running on Page Plus in under 20 minutes and saving 100 bucks a month.

Carrier
    Many
    Feedback Score
    Fassy's are awesome!
    Unbrickable!
    Nice move.

Carriers
    Cricket
    Feedback Score
    Are you Fascinate fans having any issues with them like intermittent freezing with the four menu keys and power button becoming unresponsive? (requiring a battery remove-restart) I really love the phone, its great display, everything else about it.

Carrier
    Many
    Feedback Score
    Ed, are u on stock ROM?

Carriers
    Cricket
    Feedback Score
    Yes
    Its all original Verizon. I hope to keep my MMS operating if I make any mods.

Phone
    Droid Razr Maxx, GS2
    Carriers
    page plus, at&t
    Feedback Score
    Are you on the Gingerbread 2.3.5 release for the fascinate? Have you tried a factory data reset? If not, you would need to backup anything you need first as the factory reset will erase your data like apps, phone logs, contacts, text. Pics wont be affected. If you have a software issue this should resolve it. If its hardware related the problems will continue after the reset.

Carrier
    Many
    Feedback Score
    Ed,
    I would suggest installing a custom rom, like cyanogenmod. CM7 is solid.

Carrier
    PagePlus Cellular
    Feedback Score
    my fascinate works flawless after getting it connected. everything works without a glitch or problem.. now only if i can delete some of the stupid apps i don't use like madden11, blockbuster, and other stuff..too much junk apps..

Phone
    HTC Droid Incredible 2
    Carriers
    PagePlus Cellular
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by lue83 View Post
    my fascinate works flawless after getting it connected. everything works without a glitch or problem.. now only if i can delete some of the stupid apps i don't use like madden11, blockbuster, and other stuff..too much junk apps..
    This would require rooting.

Feedback Score
    Root it and follow the directions on Xda etc and you can do all that and more.

Carriers
    Cricket
    Feedback Score
    Are you on the Gingerbread 2.3.5 release for the fascinate? Have you tried a factory data reset? If not, you would need to backup anything you need first as the factory reset will erase your data like apps, phone logs, contacts, text. Pics wont be affected. If you have a software issue this should resolve it. If its hardware related the problems will continue after the reset.
    It is Firmware Ver: 2.2.2
    Kernel Ver: 2.6.32.9

Phone
    Droid Razr Maxx, GS2
    Carriers
    page plus, at&t
    Feedback Score
    Your on Froyo 2.2. Fascinate does have an update to Gingerbread 2.3.5 from Verizon but before you worry about that I would try a hard reset to see if it resolves your issues or not. If your gonna give it a shot follow the preferred method in this article to do the reset: http://support.verizonwireless.com/c....html?id=35372

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast