Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: porting number to page plus

Feedback Score

Question porting number to page plus

I have boost mobile right now and going to switch to page plus in the coming week, i want to know if i can port my number from boost to page plus after my prepaid is due, i.e. my boost payment is due on the 19th and want to switch to page plus (im getting the phone today for page plus) can i switch my number while my boost phone still has service or will i have to wait until the 19th? and after that am i able to port my number over after the 19th? or is it just easier to just get a new number, i can tell everyone i have a new number but if its not too much trouble ill just get my number ported over from boost. Thanks all

Also im getting the droid x2, will it work with pp?

Phone
    HTC Droid Incredible 2
    Carriers
    PagePlus Cellular
    Feedback Score
    You can only port a number into any service if the number/account is currently active on the old provider. So, in your case, you should have it ported in on or before the 19th.

X2s work perfectly with PPC.
    PagePlus---13 Years & Counting . . . . . Lycamobile---1 Year & Counting
    *Ericsson AF738, Jul 2001-Dec 2003, *Qualcomm QCP 2760, Dec 2003-Feb 2008, *LG VX-8600, Feb 2008-Apr 2010, *Samsung Omnia SCH-i910, Apr 2010-Nov 2011, *HTC Droid Incredible (CM7.2 ROM), Nov 2011-Jun 2013, *HTC Droid Incredible 2 (CM7.2 ROM), Jun 2013-Present

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Boz1 View Post
    You can only port a number into any service if the number/account is currently active on the old provider. So, in your case, you should have it ported in on or before the 19th.

X2s work perfectly with PPC.
    Thanks, ive talked to multiple pp dealers around my area and all they say is it can be ported and yes verison is pp. imo they didnt know what they were talking about, i just got my droid x2 for $50 cash with 4 cases(including a otterbox) the docking station and a new zagg, i think i got a good deal.

Phone
    HTC Droid Incredible 2
    Carriers
    PagePlus Cellular
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ghostcamed302 View Post
    Thanks, ive talked to multiple pp dealers around my area and all they say is it can be ported and yes verison is pp. imo they didnt know what they were talking about, i just got my droid x2 for $50 cash with 4 cases(including a otterbox) the docking station and a new zagg, i think i got a good deal.
    For a working X2 with a clean ESN, that is a GREAT deal!

Phone
    Intercept, VM MiFi, i776, LG 300, Incognito, v710
    Carriers
    Boost(iDEN/CDMA)
    Feedback Score
    I just ported a number from Virgin Mobile to PP this past Saturday and it was a couple of days after the payment was due. Virgin Mobile was already sending me text messages and emails to pay. The rep that I spoke with at PP that took care of putting in the request for the port said that it gave her a message of being delayed. She wasn't exactly sure what that meant but she said to call back on Sunday since I called in after 9:00PM and they closed at 10:00PM. I tried doing the *22890 for programming about an hour later and it didn't work. I tried it again a couple of hours later and it did the programming and the phone started working so I didn't have to call PP back.

I mentioned to her that my payment was due a couple of days ago and she said it shouldn't really matter as long as the account was still in an open status. I don't know about Boost Mobile, but since VM is also part of Sprint, I would think it would be the same.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim52 View Post
    I just ported a number from Virgin Mobile to PP this past Saturday and it was a couple of days after the payment was due. Virgin Mobile was already sending me text messages and emails to pay. The rep that I spoke with at PP that took care of putting in the request for the port said that it gave her a message of being delayed. She wasn't exactly sure what that meant but she said to call back on Sunday since I called in after 9:00PM and they closed at 10:00PM. I tried doing the *22890 for programming about an hour later and it didn't work. I tried it again a couple of hours later and it did the programming and the phone started working so I didn't have to call PP back.

I mentioned to her that my payment was due a couple of days ago and she said it shouldn't really matter as long as the account was still in an open status. I don't know about Boost Mobile, but since VM is also part of Sprint, I would think it would be the same.
    Im going to try and switch mine by this weekend, no car after this friday my trans is dying on my going to replace this weekend, i hope mine goes as smooth as yours aslong as its a few hours im fine i just need it by sat afternoon. my payment for boost is due on the 19th so i should be good, Thanks for the reply

Im guessing as long as its within the leniency period, were if you dont have money to pay you have 60 days to pay and keep your number.
    Last edited by ghostcamed302; 06-12-2012 at 01:28 PM.

Carrier
    PagePlus Cellular
    Feedback Score

good deal? more like a steal..

Feedback Score
    Yeah the guy needed money, i love it cant wait to get it activated though its a lot faster than my boost phone as far as the phone itself.

Phone
    HTC Droid Incredible 2
    Carriers
    PagePlus Cellular
    Feedback Score
    Im going to try and switch mine by this weekend, no car after this friday my trans is dying on my going to replace this weekend, i hope mine goes as smooth as yours aslong as its a few hours im fine i just need it by sat afternoon. my payment for boost is due on the 19th so i should be good, Thanks for the reply

Im guessing as long as its within the leniency period, were if you dont have money to pay you have 60 days to pay and keep your number.
    Just to make sure there are no surprises this weekend, have you already verified with PPC that the ESN/MEID is clear for PPC activation?

Feedback Score
    yeah i went by a verizon store and asked them to check the esn/meid and it cleared and clean im gonna activate it thursday, i dont use my phone much but i need to call my brother to borrow his truck for a few hours while i go hunting for a trans for my car, that will be fun.
    now my only concern is if i port my number from my boost phone while it still has service on it would it mess the esn up on it?

Phone
    HTC Droid Incredible 2
    Carriers
    PagePlus Cellular
    Feedback Score
    No, it won't mess up the ESN.

Feedback Score
    What about the verizon app/widget that so posse to track data? dose that work on pp?

Phone
    HTC Droid Incredible 2
    Carriers
    PagePlus Cellular
    Feedback Score
    What about the verizon app/widget that so posse to track data? dose that work on pp?
    I'm not sure what 'so posse' means, but if you're asking if a Vzw data tracking app will work on PPC, I would doubt it.

Phone
    Droid Incredible 2
    Carriers
    Page Plus
    Lycamobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Boz1 View Post
    I'm not sure what 'so posse' means, but if you're asking if a Vzw data tracking app will work on PPC, I would doubt it.
    I think he meant "that's supposed to" but typed "that so posse to." No, the Verizon Data Usage app doesn't work on Page Plus.

I recently did quite a bit of research on the X2 when I was deciding between it or the HTC Droid Incredible 2. From what I read, the Droid X has annoying bugs such as random reboots, but works ok when rooted. Keep that (and custom ROMs) in mind in case you run into problems with your phone. You got a great price, but the X2 was poorly received compared to its predecessor. It won't get an official update to ICS and isn't supported by Cyanogenmod either.

Feedback Score
    Well i know a few people that i go to school with and work with that have droid x and x2s they love them and have not had a reboot problem or anything not working, the only problem one has is he drops it too much. Also this is just a general android question but when i move from my lg to my x2 and sign in with my android account will my apps install them selves? I only have 4 that ive downloaded so its not a big deal but i had someone tell me that when you sign in all your apps will just download on the new phone.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast