Thread: Help! How can I forward my calls on Straight Talk?

Feedback Score

Help! How can I forward my calls on Straight Talk?

I just got the New Galaxy S3 (i9300) with an AT&T SIM card and it works great. However, when I called Straight Talk the agent said that I cannot forward my calls. Is this possible? I know sometimes the agents are not knowledgeable about their own service. I tried *72, which I saw on a forum and it didn't work. Do you have any recomendations? I am leaving the country soon so I don't have time to set up google voice (I'm not sure how to set it up anyway).

Thank you in advance for your help!

Terry

Phones
    AT&T Apple iPhone 5S
    AT&T Apple iPhone 5S
    Carrier
    AT&T Mobility
    Feedback Score
    There may be a menu entry in the phone for assigning a number for forwarding. You have to use GSM codes for call forwarding if there is no menu item. The item you used is for landlines. Use "Divert All Calls" instructions from this URL: http://www.cellular.co.za/gsm_hash_code.htm Make sure that you forward to a number for which you can retrieve messages. The best choice is your Voicemail Deposit Number. Dial "*#61#" and Call to see what the number is and then enter that number in this short code "**21*DestinationNumber#" and Call.
    Earl F. Parrish

Phone
    Droid Razr Maxx, GS2
    Carriers
    page plus, at&t
    Feedback Score
    First, sweet purchase dude. Quad core, HD screen, nice!
    Sure you can forward your calls. On ICS (android 4.0.4) which the GS3 is running you need to go into the dialer pad to do this.

1. Go to applications list and select Phone.
    2. Press the menu key and select Call settings.
    3. In call settings menu choose Call forwarding and complete the setup.

Get this setup before your trip as it needs to set up the forwarding on the network.

Carriers
    Gophone
    Feedback Score
    if you have a google account, setting up the google voice should take you less than 5 minutes and is very helpful, because, on of the setting for conditional call forwarding is if you are unreachable(like out of country), then all of your voicemail messages get transcribed and the actual voicemail is sent as an audiofile attachment to your gmail inbox. It is also FREE.
    this is easy and you will be happy, if you set it up.

Carriers
    Straight Talk
    Virgin Mobile
    Feedback Score
    *72 forwardingnumber worked for forwarding my calls from a Verizon based ST phone to my new ATT based ST number. *73 unforwards calls.
    My Phone Can Amortize, Can Yours?

Feedback Score

Thank you so much

Thank you so much! The call forwarding on the Galaxy S3 work great. The phone is awesome - worth every penny. Aksfantsti with the ST ATT card. You saved my butt. Thank you

Phones
    AT&T Apple iPhone 5S
    AT&T Apple iPhone 5S
    Carrier
    AT&T Mobility
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Carole Wright View Post
    *72 forwardingnumber worked for forwarding my calls from a Verizon based ST phone to my new ATT based ST number. *73 unforwards calls.
    Verizon is not a GSM carrier. They transplanted codes they used on their landlines to their wireless service.

Feedback Score
    Try *004*phonenumber# forward. To cancel ##004#

Phones
    AT&T Apple iPhone 5S
    AT&T Apple iPhone 5S
    Carrier
    AT&T Mobility
    Feedback Score
    That only works for conditional call forwarding. The phone will follow the same rules it does for Voicemail. The phone will ring at the foreign location which will cause international roaming charges for unanswered calls.
    Last edited by efparri; 06-12-2012 at 05:25 AM.

Carriers
    Straight Talk
    Virgin Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by efparri View Post
    Verizon is not a GSM carrier. They transplanted codes they used on their landlines to their wireless service.
    Yup. Just posting the info on behalf of anyone else running on Verizon flavor Straight Talk.