Thread: ST ZTE 990G Merit bluetooth dosn't play music or voice command dialing

Feedback Score

ST ZTE 990G Merit bluetooth dosn't play music or voice command dialing

I purchased a ZTE 990G Merit yesterday to replace my E71 but when I try to play mp3's
    the sound comes from the phones speaker and not the bluetooth, the same with GPS voice directions as they are given through the speaker as well but if I place or receive a call the bluetooth works. I cant find any setting so all sound comes through the bluetooth, any suggestions on what to try? I have tried multiple bluetooths and they all do the same.
    Also the one touch call button on the headsets does not activate on the phone and ask for a command of who to call but if I press the button twice it will redial the last number.
    I never had any of these issues with the E71 and I am just learning the ZTE so maybe I missed a setting but I realy need to be able to listen to mp3's and make voice command calls with a bluetooth.

Feedback Score
    According to ST this phone does not have voice commands and cant play music via Bluetooth, back to walmart it goes but I am looking for recommendations on a smartphone that works on ST that will play mp3s through Bluetooth and has voice command dialing.
    A call to ZTE and rerouted to

Phones
    AT&T Apple iPhone 5S
    AT&T Apple iPhone 5S
    Carrier
    AT&T Mobility
    Feedback Score
    You need a phone with the AD2P Bluetooth profile. That information might not be available at the store. Use this link to do a search for a phone which has the capabilities you want: http://www.phonescoop.com/phones/finder.php The SIM card which came with the phone you bought is not transferrable. Since Straight Talk's choices of GSM smartphone are sparse, you will have to choose a GSM phone elsewhere and purchase the Bring Your Own Device SIM card for $14.99.
    Earl F. Parrish

Feedback Score
    thanks, I am a truck driver and because of the new laws I have to be able to push one button to make and receive all my calls so the voice command is important for me.

Feedback Score
    I have the Merit also and my Motorola b/t headphones work, I can do the talk to text using my bluetooth also, listening to Pandora as I'm typing this, not sure what I did if I did anything at all, sorry I'm not any more help than that, if I remember doing anything I will post it
    Dnebe

Feedback Score
    Thanks for the reply but from what I could find out the phone does not have the voice dial feature installed, I don't know if there is an app that would give the phone voice dial capability and also an app the would force all audio to the bluetooth. I had to return the phone since voice dial is imperative and I needed it right away so I switched back to the E71 until I can find a way to get a ZTE working with voice dial and mp3 through bluetooth.