Thread: Umx Phone and Skype or VoIp

Feedback Score

Umx Phone and Skype or VoIp

Hi,

I just get this android phone.
    Is there somebody who have the same problem on umx phone : skype or voip apps have audio output on the external speaker if we don't plug a headphone ...

No issue to use skype as a normal phone use.

Any people have the same problem ?

Phone
    ZTE N861
    Feedback Score
    i have the exact same problem with my UMX... i have a google voice account and use an app call groove ip... and my voice output goes to the external speaker. Funny thing is that this is my second UMX phone from Public... the first UMX phone did not route or broadcast my voice at all, instead you heard my voice on speaker only... people at the other end of the line couldn't hear me at all.
    I suspect that Public Mobile are reprogramming the phone so it cannot be used by certain applications. Certainly unfair since we are purchasing the phone..

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by gp26 View Post
    i have the exact same problem with my UMX... i have a google voice account and use an app call groove ip... and my voice output goes to the external speaker. Funny thing is that this is my second UMX phone from Public... the first UMX phone did not route or broadcast my voice at all, instead you heard my voice on speaker only... people at the other end of the line couldn't hear me at all.
    I suspect that Public Mobile are reprogramming the phone so it cannot be used by certain applications. Certainly unfair since we are purchasing the phone..
    This is not public mobile the problem but skype who is not compatible with the umx ... Or the umx have a problem with the audio drivers ... Some phone have this trouble some anothers phone like the atrix last years have bad quality ... This is not public mobile for sure ...

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by cedqc418 View Post
    This is not public mobile the problem but skype who is not compatible with the umx ... Or the umx have a problem with the audio drivers ... Some phone have this trouble some anothers phone like the atrix last years have bad quality ... This is not public mobile for sure ...

I think is you are very good you can correct this problem if you root and modify the audio lib like the motorola atrix

Feedback Score
    Yes I'm agree, I think more it's a phone problem (umx) than a restriction from Public Mobile.
    On and old windows phone, I had the same problem but I was resolved my problem with a nice software that I don't remember the name. It was just giving you the possibility to change the output direction.

Feedback Score
    I've found this great software who do a good job :
    mobi.omegacentauri.Earpiece

And too, if you think like me the speaker volume of the UMX MAX is not very strong, try this one :
    mobi.omegacentauri.SpeakerBoost

I can't post directly links, so do this searches in google play.