Page 4 of 21 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 ... LastLast

Thread: Lets Update The List.. Places To Get Discounted Boost Refills

Device(s)
    Motorola v323i-awesome!
    Carrier(s)
    US Cellular
    Feedback Score
    Aside from Target, are there any other big stores that carry this, particularly online? I checked Amazon, but they don't seem to have it.

Having to go to a store sounds like a big hassle-I really just like getting a bill and paying it, and would prefer to do that with this...

Device(s)
    moto c290
    Carrier(s)
    Boost Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by tigerwolf
    Aside from Target, are there any other big stores that carry this, particularly online? I checked Amazon, but they don't seem to have it.

Having to go to a store sounds like a big hassle-I really just like getting a bill and paying it, and would prefer to do that with this...
    ebay or the other online store i posted in the beginning of this post

Device(s)
    Nexus 6
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score

That's beauty of this prepaid I've found thus far in my first 2 months(3 payments).

With my first month I needed the $50 unlimited plan active right away so I just went to Best Buy and bought a $50 card (no sales tax in Oregon).

But since then so far I've purchased exclusively online from one ebay seller who sends me the "PIN" via email soon after I make my purchase(with in an hour or so).

With a few clicks to purchase then an automated call to add, done. Total time spent, about a few minutes.

Device(s)
    Moto i1
    Carrier(s)
    Boost
    Feedback Score

When you are talking about 'online' buying what is a big store to you? There are lots of places that are huge in the way of sales and an online presence, but don't have a single B&M store, Amazon is a great example.

And what does "carry this, particularly online?" mean?

Also you don't get a bill, you get a txt msg...that is why it is called PREPAID service. As stated in this thread, simply use the 'auto reboost' function to pay for your service every month if you want.

Not sure why you need to go to a "store" at all. You can simply pay via, reboost, auto-reboost, prepaid cards, prepaid code numbers you can buy plus a few more options.

So what was the real problem you are having?

Device(s)
    Motorola v323i-awesome!
    Carrier(s)
    US Cellular
    Feedback Score
    Thanks guys, but I'm not comfortable with eBay or these little online stores. I'm just wondering if there's anything on the caliber of Amazon, Buy, whatever that carries them so it ends up cheaper than having it auto-billed through Boost's web site, if that makes sense.

Device(s)
    Moto i1
    Carrier(s)
    Boost
    Feedback Score
    Thanks guys, but I'm not comfortable with eBay or these little online stores. I'm just wondering if there's anything on the caliber of Amazon, Buy, whatever that carries them so it ends up cheaper than having it auto-billed through Boost's web site, if that makes sense.
    Well I think the tread is pretty self explanatory. The best deals come from the places you don't want to buy from. The only thing that seems to fit your criteria is when Target has the prepaid cards on sale. But if you live in an area that charges sales tax your savings on the prepaid cards from Target almost all evaporates so your back to being at a break even.

I guess you have to decide what its worth to you and how much you save. Clearly the deal with the least risk comes from Target selling the prepaid card and you live in area that does not charge sales tax (providing you don't lose the card before you apply it to your account). Other than that you need to just keep a look out for sales.

As has been stated in the four page thread already, the best deals come from a couple places that have been linked to on here and sellers on eBay. If your not willing to do that the next to best option is a sale at Target if you pay no sales tax or then buy from Best Buy since they are apparently selling prepaid cards and not charging sales tax so your at an even $50. The next after that is to change your phone account to an area like Oregon and re-boost online and no sales tax so your at an even $50 again.

I am not sure what your issue is with online stores. You run the same risk for the most part buying from Amazon as you do Billy Bob's prepaid card emporium. Both have the same risks and both have the same protection when a credit card is used and the same applies to eBay, at least with eBay I can see the sellers feedback, how long they have been a member and what other items they are selling.

As I have stated in a couple posts, for me, even though I buy a lot of stuff online and from eBay, I just don't find the savings from $2.50 on the low side to $5.00 on the high end (that is the best I have seen), with an average being about $3.00 to be worth the hassle to me for such a small savings to compromise my credit card information or not get the code.

So, I just buy my prepaid cards from Best Buy with no sales tax for an even $50 and I am good, I grab two at a time when I swing in. I may decide to try an Oregon address and just let it auto-re-boost for an even $50 in the future and then never have to worry about it.

And if there ever was one online store that would scare the crap out of me, its buy.com I can't even begin to tell your the problems I have had with them and all the 1000's of complaints they have against them and you want to buy from them and are worried about other place...LMAO....okieeeee

Device(s)
    Motorola v323i-awesome!
    Carrier(s)
    US Cellular
    Feedback Score
    The risk thing is just not true-you're a lot more at risk buying from some small online vender than from something like Amazon. I don't even necessarily care about sales, but just wonder if some place even has them. I was expecting Amazon or the like to carry the cards :-/

Device(s)
    Moto i1
    Carrier(s)
    Boost
    Feedback Score
    The risk thing is just not true-you're a lot more at risk buying from some small online vender than from something like Amazon. I don't even necessarily care about sales, but just wonder if some place even has them. I was expecting Amazon or the like to carry the cards :-/
    Risk of what? You assume the same risk anytime your credit card leaves your wallet either online or in person. Once someone else has your credit card info whether its Amazon or Joe Blow the risk of fraud is no different and either is the way you resolve it.

Also there is no real money to be made in selling these cards. Once they are marked down to make selling them competitive there is hardly a margin left. The only way to make any money is to sell the code not the cards. Best Buy makes money on the cards since they are not discounted. So the only people that can sell them at a discount all the time are small web sellers or eBay sellers that sell the code not really the card. They don't want to pay any shipping costs. They want to email you a code or you pay them and email them your phone number and they load up your account on your behalf. Is it risky? Sure, but thats why you are saving money. It is not a risk I want to accept so I stick with a flat $50 no tax refill.

But I digress, you want to save money but are afraid of any risk. Cheap refills come from accepting the fact that only cheap places will sell them.

Your thinking just doesn't make sense. You want you cake and eat it too. All I can say is there are people on this thread that have said, I buy from these people and they did me right, what more can you want?

Device(s)
    Motorola v323i-awesome!
    Carrier(s)
    US Cellular
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ShawnM
    Risk of what? You assume the same risk anytime your credit card leaves your wallet either online or in person. Once someone else has your credit card info whether its Amazon or Joe Blow the risk of fraud is no different and either is the way you resolve it.
    That simply isn't true. Not all retailers are the same, and larger ones are more of a known quanitity.

Regardless, all I'm asking is if these cards are sold at some normal online store.
    It is not a risk I want to accept so I stick with a flat $50 no tax refill.
    You mean directly from the Boost site? I'm not clear-does that have tax on top of the $50, or is that including tax? On their site they claim it includes tax, but then others have acted like you get taxed on top of that.

Feedback Score
    That simply isn't true. Not all retailers are the same, and larger ones are more of a known quanitity.

Regardless, all I'm asking is if these cards are sold at some normal online store.

You mean directly from the Boost site? I'm not clear-does that have tax on top of the $50, or is that including tax? On their site they claim it includes tax, but then others have acted like you get taxed on top of that.

I typically buy the $47 codes on ebay, but from what I understand a refill with your CC online does not charge taxes, it is just straight $50. If you call a CS rep to refill they charge you the extra $2 and change in taxes.

Device(s)
    Moto i1
    Carrier(s)
    Boost
    Feedback Score

I am not sure about what part of what I said about the protection or use of your credit card you felt wasn't true, but it most certainly is true that once your card leaves your wallet, online or in person you have no control what happens to your card number and the process to dispute any type of fraud or unauthorized charges is the same irregardless of what "size" the retailer or person is that you gave your number too.

You said; "Not all retailers are the same, and larger ones are more of a known quanitity." How do you determine what online "retailer" is "larger" and is of what specific size or quantity?

The whole topic of home addresses and what states pay sales taxes has already been talked about, in my last post I reiterated about using an address from a state that has no sales tax so you can auto-reboost tax and fee free.

When I said I refill with NO TAXES, I meant I don't pay sales tax. Sorry I thought that was pretty self explanatory. I also said I spend $50 and that is what monthly service costs and all I pay is $50 for a $50 card period.

You need to search for and read the difference between a state sales tax and the fees and taxes that are assessed to your service that Boost pays. Boost pays all the fees and taxes but any sales tax on buying a $50 refill unless you live in an area that has no sales tax or you can buy a refill card and the place/person selling you the card/code charges you flat amount for a card with a $50 value irregardless of what you paid for it.

I guess if someone else can read your mind as to what a "normal" online store is then maybe someone can answer your question. Since the places that have been listed so far in this thread apparently are not to your standards I have no idea what more you want.

Carrier(s)
    I <3 Verizon!
    Feedback Score
    How is going to Target a problem? you only enter the PIN once, it's re-loadable, after the first time it automatically goes to your account. If you're like most people you're there at least once a week anyway for shopping.

Feedback Score
    There is a guy on Ebay I get $50 cards for $30.

He usually puts them in an auction with a "make an offer" addition. He told me he never sells them so when I make an offer of $30 he takes it. Been doing business with him over 6 months. Free shipping too. He sells so many other types of things I don't think he even knows he is losing money.

No, I am not saying who it is. I don't want to lose out on this deal of a lifetime. But I'm sure there is some other idiot out there that may do it. Just giving my two cents on how I refill. Not looking to disclose.

Device(s)
    Nexus 6
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by thejax
    There is a guy on Ebay I get $50 cards for $30.

He usually puts them in an auction with a "make an offer" addition. He told me he never sells them so when I make an offer of $30 he takes it. Been doing business with him over 6 months. Free shipping too. He sells so many other types of things I don't think he even knows he is losing money.

No, I am not saying who it is. I don't want to lose out on this deal of a lifetime. But I'm sure there is some other idiot out there that may do it. Just giving my two cents on how I refill. Not looking to disclose.
    Must be pretty well hidden if true..

Device(s)
    LG P970 Optimus Black
    Carrier(s)
    E-Plus
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by 503ducati
    Must be pretty well hidden if true..

lol.. yeah.. with emphasis on IF TRUE

Page 4 of 21 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 ... LastLast