Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Anyone hear anything about this phone on trac? Samsung S425g?

Feedback Score

Anyone hear anything about this phone on trac? Samsung S425g?

http://www.amazon.com/Tracfone-Samsu...pd_sim_sbs_e_3

Would love a review on this phone.

Carrier
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    http://reviews.wireless.att.com/4773...submissionTime

I'm hesitant to buy it because of the sheer volume of people having problems with the AT&T version of the phone, namely rebooting on its own. The Samsung T404g is available from TracFone direct and I'm starting to think I'm better off with that instead.
    Castrol EDGE 5W-30 is my drug of choice.

Primary: iPhone 6 64GB, Galaxy Note 3, Lumia 635: 5 lines, 1x $15 5GB data, 2x $5 Android web, 1x $2.99 T-Zones, corp discount + $10/mo loyalty discount = $93/mo tax inclusive
    Secondary: iPhone 4S & LG Ultimate 2: TracFone (Verizon)
    Tablet: iPad Mini Retina w/ T-Mobile 4G LTE

Feedback Score
    Ahh, thanks. I was about to get the r455c and saw this. Verizon and ATT service are about equal where I live. Any reservations with the r455c?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by IsLand_BoY View Post
    I'm hesitant to buy it because of the sheer volume of people having problems with the AT&T version of the phone, namely rebooting on its own. The Samsung T404g is available from TracFone direct and I'm starting to think I'm better off with that instead.
    I have been using this phone for about a week. I replaced my Trac Sam T404g with it. It is a beautiful phone and I have had no problems with it. More categories in the menu, too. Can go direct to Email, Music and Voice Services. If I have problems with this phone I will request a replacement for it. I am not dropping back to the T404, which I still have.

Some of the comments in the review are based on a phone that is two years old and made for a different carrier. Maybe the bugs have been worked out.

Carrier
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by annepani View Post
    Some of the comments in the review are based on a phone that is two years old and made for a different carrier. Maybe the bugs have been worked out.
    Yeah, so I was wondering if the TracFone firmware had the problems corrected. My original Samsung Gravity 2 had a habit of rebooting if I opened/closed the slide at certain times but a newer one I had with newer firmware did not.

Carrier
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by episodic View Post
    Ahh, thanks. I was about to get the r455c and saw this. Verizon and ATT service are about equal where I live. Any reservations with the r455c?
    I have the R455C and like it a lot. If you look in the thread I started about the phone, you'll see where some folks have varying opinions but the overall opinion seems to be that it's a good phone. For most of us, we were specifically looking for a QWERTY on Verizon so that's basically all we have unless you want the one with a touch screen too, which I don't.

Carrier
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    Does the S425G have 3G like its AT&T counterpart, or just EDGE like the T404G?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Piqutchi View Post
    Does the S425G have 3G like its AT&T counterpart, or just EDGE like the T404G?
    Seems to be 3G. Very small icon but it's definitely not 1x or Edge so I think it's 3G.

Carrier
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by annepani View Post
    Seems to be 3G. Very small icon but it's definitely not 1x or Edge so I think it's 3G.
    The TracFone tutorial http://tracfone.deviceanywhere.com/t...G&locale=en_US clealy shows an "E" for EDGE. And it wouldn't say "1X" considering this is a GSM phone and that only applies to CDMA.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by IsLand_BoY View Post
    The TracFone tutorial http://tracfone.deviceanywhere.com/t...G&locale=en_US clealy shows an "E" for EDGE. And it wouldn't say "1X" considering this is a GSM phone and that only applies to CDMA.
    Yes, both the Tracfone and Net10 versions of the tutorial show the blue Edge icon. But the S425 I am holding in my hand doesn't match the tutorial. As I said, the icon on the phone is very small but it is definitely not the white E on blue background. It looks like a white 3G on blue background.

Phones
    Lg G2X (Me)
    Samsung Flight -Girlfriend
    Nokia 2720 - Mom
    Carriers
    T-Mobile Monthly
    T-Mobile FlexPay
    Feedback Score
    I am pretty sure that the S425G is indeed a 3G phone. I just ported my old Sidekick number to the S425G and I do see something that resembles “3G” by the signal bars, but it looks like “33”.
    T-Mobile’s new marketing campaign for Vermont and Western New Hampshire:
    “Try T-Mobile’s blazingly fast GPRS data network. We’re faster than iDEN and TDMA combined!”

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Sweeper View Post
    I am pretty sure that the S425G is indeed a 3G phone. I just ported my old Sidekick number to the S425G and I do see something that resembles “3G” by the signal bars, but it looks like “33”.
    Hey can anyone tell me if this phone has a 3.5 headphone jack?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by episodic View Post
    Hey can anyone tell me if this phone has a 3.5 headphone jack?
    No. It uses a headphone with a micorUSB jack. And it shares the port with power and USB. So you can't charge the phone and use a wired headset at the same time which is common for Samsung GSM phones. You would have to find a Y-splitter if you wanted to use them simultaneously, like on a road trip through a handsfree state.

Carrier
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Sweeper View Post
    How are you liking the phone? I just ordered one with the 1yr card. I don't know how shopcelldeals can sell the phone AND 1yr card for just $99 on eBay but it sounds good to me!

Phones
    Lg G2X (Me)
    Samsung Flight -Girlfriend
    Nokia 2720 - Mom
    Carriers
    T-Mobile Monthly
    T-Mobile FlexPay
    Feedback Score
    The S425G is a good phone so far. I like it a lot better than I do the 505C, mainly because I cannot get used to the touch screen on the 505C (spoiled by the multitude of Android phones I have used and now the Lumia 710). One thing I wonder about, though. I seem to be being charged per ‘kb’ on data, and not but the minute. After activation, I downloaded Opera Mini. The download took under 2 minutes, but I was charged 5.039 units. I’ve sent an ‘trouble ticket’ to Tracfone to see if this is the new standard for their 3G phones, but have not heard back yet, and I didn’t notice anything on the packaging, either.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast