Thread: Will I loss my phone number if I don't refill my service??

Feedback Score

Will I loss my phone number if I don't refill my service??

OK do anyone know if I would loss my current phone number if my service was disconnected because I fail to refill my service after my service date ends? One reason I am asking this is because ST still have not listed a end date when I check online and I know the end is coming soon. So i was thinking I would play along with them and see if they will cut my service although there is no end date showing and if not good but if they do will i loss my number if I refill after being disconnected? also do they give a heads up via email, text or call that it's time to refill? or am I'm asking too much?

Phone
    Atrix/Skyrocket/R455C/Samsung Jack
    Carrier
    GoPhone LTE
    Feedback Score
    I get alerts if i get close. i feed it a card or two at a time from a stack on my desk.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by rock13979 View Post
    ...So i was thinking I would play along with them and see if they will cut my service although there is no end date showing and if not good but if they do will i loss my number if I refill after being disconnected? also do they give a heads up via email, text or call that it's time to refill? or am I'm asking too much?
    Playing dumb is not an excuse. If you suspect something is wrong, say something.

Feedback Score
    no you shouldn't lose your number. I've gone 3 days without paying it and still kept the same number when I refilled. I believe you have up 30 days though, but don't take my word on that!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using HowardForums

Feedback Score
    Yeah I also wouldn't play with fire if you don't want to get burned....

But re: the question itself I too am curious what happens if your next cycle isn't paid for by the end of the current cycle? Do they immediately disconnect service? Do you in fact have a 30 day window to retrieve/save phone # and re-activate service?

Not planning on it, just is good to know in advance, just in case....

Carrier
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Check the T&C, but I believe they hold the number for 3 months after you no longer fill your service. It's definitely more than a few days, though, so if you lose service, refill at that point. (I believe they "back-fill", so if service ends on Tuesday and you refill on Friday, you're refilling starting Wednesday, even though those are two days you'll never use.)

Feedback Score
    If your Straight Talk service remains inactive over 30 days, you will lose your telephone number.*

* as informed by ST-CC
    Last edited by ron6400; 06-21-2012 at 11:39 AM.

Carrier
    AT&T GoPhone (x2)
    Feedback Score
    I have a Nokia E71 that I tried out for a month to check out how the service was going to work out for me.
    I let it sit inactive for two months, reactivated it (added a service card to it) in my account on the ST site and still still had the same number, which I still have today on my BYOD.
    That's my experience, YMMV.
    -- Samsung Galaxy Express SGH-I437P 4G LTE on the $60 GoPhone Plan
    -- Samsung Galaxy Express SGH-I437P 4G LTE on the $45 GoPhone Plan

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by dougeeebear View Post
    I have a Nokia E71 that I tried out for a month to check out how the service was going to work out for me.
    I let it sit inactive for two months, reactivated it (added a service card to it) in my account on the ST site and still still had the same number, which I still have today on my BYOD.
    That's my experience, YMMV.
    I would not take my chances with ST, as they have no clear outlined policy. As per my reading of their TOS i could not find anything about how long they will keep the number before releasing it. So i will stick to 30days policy as explained to me by there Rep.

Phones
    iPhone 5 (Verizon)
    iPhone 5 (Verizon)
    iPhone 4S (T-Mo)
    Carriers
    Verizon
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    I just re-upped a newer ST line this morning that was expired for 5 days. Took 30 seconds and retained original phone number. 30 days seems reasonable I would not expect beyond that...