Thread: Straight Talk Samsung Galaxy Proclaim-SCH-S720C

Phones
    SCH-S720C
    910-320-3835
    Carrier
    straight talk
    Feedback Score

Straight Talk Samsung Galaxy Proclaim-SCH-S720C

This is my 4th Samsung Galaxy Proclaim SCH-S720C. I've switched out at different Walmark in locations and the phone has the same problem with each one.
    lost calls!!
    When the screen fades to black out, the audio part of the phone does not work. I'm on the line with the person, I have full strenght bars on the reception; the person keep saying hello, hello, I can hear them just as clear, but they can't hear me, I'm saying hello, hello, eventually my party hangs up and I call them again and the reception is just as clear and we speak. I am constantly tapping the screen so that it won't fade out because I will loose the call!! straight talk try to trouble the problem and told me there is no fix to the problem, the instruction manual book does not address that issue, so take it to a diifferent call. they recommend that I get another phone

brightness fades to dull!!
    I'm constantly resetting the brightness option. I went into my setting and set the brightness to the brightness settings but the phone adjusted itself all the time even though I don't have the automatically check box checked! there's a hotspot on the top left hand side of the home screen that displays notification of missed calls, emails, etc. that same area of the phone when touched automatically adjusts the brightness of the phone but cannot reverse the brightness. I have to go into setting to bring the brightness back to it's highest setting.

dragging speach!!

I listen to my radio on the phone, when it gets hot and it does often, the audio part of the phone is difficult to hear, the voice speaking to you starts dragging the words, I turn off the phone until it cools off, then it works ok for a moment.

For the kind of money one is spending on this phone. the phone needs a recall from samsung.

has anyone experience these issues with the phone?? if so share with me how to address these issues.

Carrier
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by shortysmiley View Post
    I have to go into setting to bring the brightness back to it's highest setting.
    The Brightness Level widget would probably fix that problem, but ...

I listen to my radio on the phone, when it gets hot and it does often
    The phone is obviously defective. (A phone should get warm, but not hot.) If that happened on 4 phones the design is bad. Tell Walmart that ST told you that Walmart should credit you for the price of the phone toward another phone, since the problem can't be fixed. Then choose another phone.

Feedback Score
    After reading many rave reviews about Samsung Galaxy Proclaim, I decided to buy one. I prefer to shop "hands on,' so I visited/telephoned several Walmart stores repeatedly, but they did not have Proclaim in stock. Today I visited from Straight Talk online, intending to purchase Proclaim, only to discover it is no longer listed. Why was it dropped?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jsantor View Post
    After reading many rave reviews about Samsung Galaxy Proclaim, I decided to buy one. I prefer to shop "hands on,' so I visited/telephoned several Walmart stores repeatedly, but they did not have Proclaim in stock. Today I visited from Straight Talk online, intending to purchase Proclaim, only to discover it is no longer listed. Why was it dropped?

as far as i know some pepole have stated that the phone is simply out of stock.

Feedback Score
    Yes also noticed in my area you can't order it online, but they have it stocked at my local walmarts??? Don't tell me Verizon dropped it cause they released the phone on that crappy 80 dollar plan?

Sent from my PantechP9070 using HowardForums

Feedback Score
    When you adjust the brightness, are you unchecking the auto brightness thingie?

Carrier
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    In my case (Precedent) it wouldn't matter (no light sensor), but yes, you'd have to. Either manual control or auto control. Having them both on is a square top on the round bottom - meaningless words. One or the other will be working (depending on how the widget was written), both can't be working at the same time. (The code would be impossible to write because true would have to be false, or 1 would have to be 0, things like that.)

Feedback Score
    I haven't had any issues with people not hearing me after the screen goes dark. I talked to my sister for 43 minutes yesterday, no problems. Try a call on speaker phone and see if it does the same thing.

Feedback Score

Samsung Galaxy Proclaim-SCH-S720C "Mobile Network Not Available"

I downloaded Fishing Diary from the Google App store. While I was playing, my phone turned off. since then it has cycled on and off. I have read enough to know this is called bootlooping. I am android ignorant.

I uninstalled app and this continued.

I took my battery and sim card out for awhile and put it back and it continued.

I then went into Task Manager and forced closed apps and probably closed the wrong apps

Now I get this: "Mobile Network Not Available" I can no longer make calls or use text. For proficient android users, I am sure you know how to resolve. I probably need to turn an app on that controls the mobile network.

I did check settings:

Wireless & networks> Mobile networks> Use packet data (check) > Data roaming (check) >System selected (tried home; nada) >tried automatic; nada

I called Straight Talk. They said phone is defective, mail it back but that means I will have no form of communication for at least 10 days. I am POSITIVE support just doesn't know how to troubleshoot. The guy said his script told him to mail it back lol. Given the logical sequence of events, I am sure I triggered the problems.

I don't want to do factory reset because I don't know enough about the specifics of backing up and restoring.

Do any of you android savy folks know what I need to put in place to fix this?

I will also post this in support forum. This is heads up for this specific phone/plan/problem.

Phone
    Atrix/Skyrocket/R455C/Samsung Jack
    Carrier
    GoPhone LTE
    Feedback Score
    it sounds like the app broke something.. do not mail the phone back in without transferring your number to a working phone.

google backs up your settings and will restore them when you wipe and log back in with your account information. backup any photos or files you have on the sd card to be safe. you can use google drive to make the backup easy. then wipe it and sign back in. do this on a wifi connection.

i guess you rebooted your phone and still had issues?
    Last edited by alphamale-b; 08-12-2012 at 01:41 PM. Reason: reboot

Carrier
    Straight Talk
    Feedback Score
    Do a battery pull while phone is on and then when its done rebooting and comes back on dial *22890 and hit call button,this will re-provision your phone and get you going again. If that doesn't work go under storage and do a factory reset and then dial the number above to reset data.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I927 using HowardForums
    Last edited by Zmk76; 08-12-2012 at 04:40 PM.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by alphamale-b View Post
    it sounds like the app broke something.. do not mail the phone back in without transferring your number to a working phone.

google backs up your settings and will restore them when you wipe and log back in with your account information. backup any photos or files you have on the sd card to be safe. you can use google drive to make the backup easy. then wipe it and sign back in. do this on a wifi connection.

i guess you rebooted your phone and still had issues?
    I was going to activate one of our ST standbys with a different number until they get me my replacement one in 6 months. (I'm sure it will take forever) As long as the one I send in is still active, I should be able to transfer number to the replaced one. I have had more trouble loosing my number if I switch it back and forth between phones when I have problems or upgrades. Online you have the option to transfer your active number but if phone is deactivated I have lost my number b4.

UPDATE

I go to the ST forums and see this is happening with the Proclaim and look for a solution. (I have to sign up to see it and give my real name) Well everytime someone says they have this problem, a moderator says give me your email, we can discuss this offline. Or better yet give me your phone number...to which the reply is My phone doesn't work!

I posted my problem there but it is not getting on the forum so ST is not disclosing the depth of the problem. It looks like they are only allowing it to surface a few times but then the mod steps in and moves the conversation. (which looks like a reoccurring theme with any problems reported)

Consider the ST forum & support useless when troubleshooting. (Still love being out of contract tho! )

I did a factory reset. No bootlooping but no signal.

I called *22890 and programming failed with error message

Also, please note in:

Settings> about phone>

MEID Unknown, Phone Number: unknown, MIN: unknown, Service State: out of service, Mobile network state: Disconnected, etc.

This was like this before factory reset. This same settings problem was reported in ST forum on the Proclaim.

Phone
    Atrix/Skyrocket/R455C/Samsung Jack
    Carrier
    GoPhone LTE
    Feedback Score
    from the looks of the information in your phone it looks like it is not provisioned. maybe call up ST and ask them to handle that issue for you then call the reprogramming number again

Feedback Score

Straight Talk Forums

Quote Originally Posted by alphamale-b View Post
    from the looks of the information in your phone it looks like it is not provisioned. maybe call up ST and ask them to handle that issue for you then call the reprogramming number again
    So it is possible to go from provisioned to un provisioned? (Whatever that means.) If I Google it, it seems this problem occurs with initial phone setup when you do a BYOP. ST support follows a simple script and communication is difficult due to language barriers.

Carrier
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jsranchmn View Post
    So it is possible to go from provisioned to un provisioned?
    Sure, if someone at ST screws up. (But we know that none of their reps ever does that, right?)
    (Whatever that means.)
    It means telling their computers that your SIM card number has the right to get certain services.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast