Hi, I recently got an LG Optimus 3G (LG 670) to replace my HTC TP2 and had the unlimited data plan but the data on the new phone isn't working very well (keep getting 'unauthorized / page load errors'). When I switched it a few weeks ago I thought they said I could keep my plan the same but when I called today they told me I can't keep that data plan with this phone (and they're saying we can't go back to our TP2 either ...).
Anyone have the $15 unlimited data plan with a 670?
Not sure if I'm on the right path; I've tried rooting with Gingerbread and it says it's rooted but when I try to connect with 'adb shell', I still get $ and permission denied on su and proxy. Where does the scp code come in? I got that from an older version of CDMA Workshop but I'm not sure where to use it.
Am I simply trying to root it so that I can run the 'proxy' command from 'adb shell'?
Let me know. Thanks (and sorry again for all the newbie questions - just trying to get this thing to work properly (seems like half the time I can browse and half the time I can't. I also opened Opera, went to the proxy settings and removed the proxy for ftp, http and https and that seems to work for Opera but since I could surf half the time, I'm not sure if it's actually fixed or just happens to be working right now),
I think maybe dial ##PROXY from the phone keypad, at which point it will ask you for SPC to continue?
Go to ##proxy
You dial proxy via the key pad
Now enter the scp code
Delete the proxy server
Delete the proxy port
And now all your internet work great
https site work great and no more forbidden msg ...
Just try a speed test before and after
To root your phone gingerbreak work great with this phone
I am not an expert in adb mode i think you must invoque su to get super user access
Thanks for the responses (I've been away on vacation for a week so hadn't gotten it until now) and confirming that it's done through abd. In the future cedqc418, feel free to respond in French and I'll translate for the group.
So far, I haven't gotten su access to the phone but now that I know I'm on the right track, I'll find out more about this.
Also for anyone that else that has the same problem, one quick easy fix is that if you install Opera for Android, you can remove the proxy settings for it just by going to the settings page (My phone works fine in Opera now but I believe I still get the problem with the default browser but it solved my immediate problem - I was able to use the data on the phone by using Opera instead).