Thread: I Need Some Help

Feedback Score

I Need Some Help

Not sure if it goes here so if it doesn't could mods move it accordingly?

Okay so I have had the 6Gig data plan for quite some time (back from when the iPhone 3GS was released) and just last summer I changed over to a blackberry. I called in to get the blackberry code put on the 6gig data but the rep on the phone said he could switch my contract to save me some money and I said sure as long as I was not losing my 6 gig data. He ended up putting me on a blackberry plan that had 1 gig data included and said I still had the 6 gigs of data (showed up as 6gb shared data for 10 bucks). MyRogers showed that I could used 6 gigs of data so I thought nothing of it. Few weeks ago I broke my berry and have been using my old iPhone as a temp phone until the Galaxy S3 comes out. I called in today to reserve the Galaxy S3 and they told me that they are kicking people off the blackberry plans that are not using blackberry's and I said that's fine when I get my S3 I will call in (to retentions, my plan ends in a month) and change my plan. She tells me though that I will lose my 6 gig data plan though. I don't understand why I would lose that, so I ask her and she says that it's no longer offered.

My question is what the hell is going on. I'm confused as to why I would lose my 6gigs (she offered me a plan for 3 gigs that costs 5 bucks more); also any advice on what to do would be great (should I be calling retentions).

Lastly, does anyone know if Bell is still offering the 6 Gig data plan (didn't see it advertised on there website).

Device(s)
    iPhone IVS | 9900 B0ldTouchDizzle
    Carrier(s)
    The one who pays me to use their service
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by eliteforces View Post
    ....told me that they are kicking people off the blackberry plans that are not using blackberry's...
    This is correct. It costs $$+BB to keep BB data plans, so Rogers saves $$ by killing unnecessarily provisioned BB plans on ctn's without BB's...IE YOU.

If I understand you correctly, you have the smartphone 6gb with the bb soc?

Whatever the case may be, I would strongly insist that you keep your 6gb, she can simply remove the soc. I don't understand how you can have a 1gb BB and a 6gb smartphone shared, that just shows up as 6gb. Screen cap your bill please., specifically the data portion so I see what you're goin' on about.

Ultimately, now that you have a smartphone, you NEED 6gb. With a BB I would say, no biggie, but you're not.

I'm going to assume you're a smart cookie and record all thousand dollar financial contractual conversations yes? You need to ensure you assert yourself in keeping your 6gb. If they can't do it, then they need to accomodate you. Not remove it to accomodate THEM. lol.
    300 @ 5pm●5K SMS●Auto Roadside●Unlim Inc●1000LD●R2RLD●VP●6Gb LTDizzle+credits = <$36
    34+|0|0 119+|0|0

Factory Unlocked 5White32gb, GNote2x2, 9900 LNIB Retired, GS3 for Mobi
    i7 920 @ 2.67GHz 9Gb DDR3
    My Wireless LD FAQ., READ IT!!!
    The Jawbone I, photo-review
    Maybe it's time to update this....nahhhhh

Carrier(s)
    Koodo Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by bubble.tea View Post
    This is correct. It costs $$+BB to keep BB data plans, so Rogers saves $$ by killing unnecessarily provisioned BB plans on ctn's without BB's...IE YOU.
    be interesting to see how much longer this fee is around for...

RIM said it faces demands to cut the fees paid by customers such as AT&T Inc. after posting its first loss in a decade last week. The fees account for more than a third of revenue at RIM, which is racing to introduce BlackBerry 10 phones and engineer a turnaround.

“There’s definitely negotiations going on right now to reduce” the fees if the company has acknowledged its concern, said Sameet Kanade, a technology analyst at Northern Securities.

Kanade, who rates RIM a sell, estimates revenue from the monthly fee could drop 17 per cent to $3.4 billion this year and another 18 per cent to $2.8 billion in fiscal 2014 as carriers such as AT&T and Verizon Wireless seek lower fees amid the company’s diminishing clout. RIM is the only handset maker to charge such a fee

http://www.thestar.com/business/scie...t-carrier-fees

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    ^ Whoa! Intense!!!

With Rogers charging $5 to manually change peoples my5's, I'm sure they are squeezing pennies out of everything. I can imagine that so long as there is a fee, they will force you off. 100,000 bb data plans unnecessarily activated would save Rogers what?

I'd actually be interested to know how many BB data plans are out there in precisely this state. Could it be half a mill? Obviously these are people who jumped on the BBM craze when BB's where heavily attacking the teenie boppers-but who have long since dropped their BB's for iOS or Android phones, but didn't care to change their data plans. Who knows.

Carrier(s)
    Koodo Mobile
    Feedback Score
    ^ Whoa! Intense!!!

With Rogers charging $5 to manually change peoples my5's, I'm sure they are squeezing pennies out of everything. I can imagine that so long as there is a fee, they will force you off. 100,000 bb data plans unnecessarily activated would save Rogers what?

I'd actually be interested to know how many BB data plans are out there in precisely this state. Could it be half a mill? Obviously these are people who jumped on the BBM craze when BB's where heavily attacking the teenie boppers-but who have long since dropped their BB's for iOS or Android phones, but didn't care to change their data plans. Who knows.
    works in RIM's favor though.
    get the service fee without providing the service.
    probably slightly helps their dwindling cash supply.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I'll tell ya what'd help their dwindling cash supply...NOT haording their stock of Playbooks...hahah.

Carrier(s)
    Koodo Mobile
    Feedback Score
    I'll tell ya what'd help their dwindling cash supply...NOT haording their stock of Playbooks...hahah.
    how much lower can they cut the price on those units.
    they want to make some profit off them...
    maybe just break even, if that is still possible.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by eliteforces View Post
    when I get my S3 I will call in (to retentions, my plan ends in a month) and change my plan. She tells me though that I will lose my 6 gig data plan though. I don't understand why I would lose that, so I ask her and she says that it's no longer offered.
    Wait for them to take the 6GB away and then go to the CCTS as they removed the data from your data contract. There has been a lot of different responses to this BB data being removed and it is not clear what exactly will happen. Or just don't call in and have it changed. FYI calling retention because your contract ends in a month may not get you anything they don't just give out as they once did.

Feedback Score
    alright sorry for the late response guys. This is my plan as per my bill. I have called retentions and cancelled the unlimited long distance and switched over the value pack to the android one (got my s3). The retentions rep and a another rep both told me they had heard nothing about people getting kicked off the blackberry plans and not to worry (if they do what exactly will happen? will they just pick a plan for me and put me on it?).

Name:  plan.PNG
Views: 234
Size:  4.6 KBName:  plan2.PNG
Views: 224
Size:  7.1 KB

Feedback Score
    Very informative thread.