Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: ICS 4.0.4 update (6.16.211) for the DROID RAZR & MAXX

Device(s)
    S8, G5, Samsung Note 4 DE, Note 3, Moto DROID Bionic, DROID RAZR, Galaxy Nexus, Rezound, V9m, VX8000
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon, AT&T PrePaid (GoPhone)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by kbman View Post
    Yes, you must be absolutely stock. The update asserts logwrapper and other components modified by Bootstrap so it must be completely removed for the update to succeed. You can use Voodoo OTA Rootkeeper but it is not necessary since djrbliss' new exploit roots the ICS builds directly.
    Still having an issue getting the OTA to install. I removed the Razr Bootstrap according to a post over on Droid Forums, which also said to go to the system/bin and delete the files hijack and logwrapper, then rename logwrapper.bin to just logwrapper. Then reboot. That way the CWM Boot no longer is active, and Razr Bootstrap is removed. Then use VooDoo RootKeeper to temporarily remove the root.

I did all that, but still can't get the OTA to install.
    =>Why did I leave Verizon Wireless after 18 years? Find out here: Leaving Verizon after 18 years!

=> Read my reviews for the Motorola DROID MAXX, DROID Ultra, and DROID Mini.

=> VX8000 at Disney World:Part 1, Part 2, Part 3, Part 4.

Device(s)
    Samsung U430 (fully functioinal bluetooth)
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    3g only setting gone. Must either program manually or use app.

http://www.droid-life.com/2012/06/23...ream-sandwich/

Carrier(s)
    AT&T via Cricket Wireless, Verizon via RedPocket, Alachua County CCC via Motorola SmartZone
    Feedback Score
    @FAUguy,

If you want to do it manually, there is a guy that has a great utility here:

http://www.droidrzr.com/index.php/to...-to-go-to-ics/

I did this this morning and it is very easy. Can't say I like ICS, but that's just because its different.

Device(s)
    S8, G5, Samsung Note 4 DE, Note 3, Moto DROID Bionic, DROID RAZR, Galaxy Nexus, Rezound, V9m, VX8000
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by FAUguy View Post
    Still having an issue getting the OTA to install. I removed the Razr Bootstrap according to a post over on Droid Forums, which also said to go to the system/bin and delete the files hijack and logwrapper, then rename logwrapper.bin to just logwrapper. Then reboot. That way the CWM Boot no longer is active, and Razr Bootstrap is removed. Then use VooDoo RootKeeper to temporarily remove the root.

I did all that, but still can't get the OTA to install.
    When trying to do the OTA or the stand alone zip update file, both ways I'm getting a System 7 error during the install. I looked in some forums, and alot of other people are also getting the System 7 or System 0 error. Only way around it if them to flash back to 181 stock. I hate having to do that, since it wipe all settings and apps, but not sure what else to try at this point.

Device(s)
    Moto X,RAZR M,D4,Bionic, D3, DX,D2G, Pro, Xoom
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    You could just fastboot the system and preinstall image from the .181 FXZ file and that should be enough to get the update to take and resolve that error. You can also edit the XML file itself to remove the line wipes userdata and use RSD Lite with the FXZ.

You will always have better results if you make backups first via Titanium or other means and wipe and restore afterwards, but there are ways to avoid it if you manually flash the required images.
    kbman

Droid RAZR M/HD MSM8960 does HSPA+ on US GSM carriers!

If we knew what we were doing, they wouldn't call it research. - Albert Einstein

Read more, post less.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    I ended up having to use Matts Tool 1.7 utility to revert back to 181 stock. Then was able to install the 211 update zip file. After that had to reinstall all the apps and settings, which took a while. But now that it's done, a definite improvement.

Device(s)
    Samsung U430 (fully functioinal bluetooth)
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    So whats the latest?

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Steveanderson13 View Post
    So whats the latest?
    Been using it for a day now. So far no problems with it...works good. Glad I was able to get it to install. I'd suggest that all RAZR owners install the ICS update.

Feedback Score
    Still waiting for my update

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jamesstarks15 View Post
    Still waiting for my update
    If you search for and download the Zip file, you can install it without waiting for the OTA.
    http://www.droidforums.net/forum/dro...razr-maxx.html

Device(s)
    Razr Maxx
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    I have been looking at "Download suspended. Will resume shortly...." for 3 days now...

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mrpj1972 View Post
    I have been looking at "Download suspended. Will resume shortly...." for 3 days now...
    See this thread
    http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1735935
    The update zip should be able to download from
    https://hotfile.com/dl/160877888/e4e...pdate.zip.html
    The steps on that page are good if you've rooted your phone and then installed RAZR Bootstrap or ClockWork Boot, which can cause issues with the update zip, thus having to revert the phone back to stock first.
    But if you haven't rooted and installed RAZR bootstrap or clockwork, then you could probably install the zip without a problem (step 9, wipe cache twice (not factory reset), then step 10 to install update from SD card.)

Device(s)
    Razr Maxx
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Not sure if I wanna do that I am completely stock. I was asked by email to participate and a certain test but I haven't received anything but a survey asking me questions so far

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mrpj1972 View Post
    Not sure if I wanna do that I am completely stock. I was asked by email to participate and a certain test but I haven't received anything but a survey asking me questions so far
    If you received an email, then you may get the OTA update as part of the Soak test that is going on. Otherwise, you can wait until after the Soak period and wait for the OTA to be sent out to everyone.
    Or you could do the manual zip update as listed above.

Device(s)
    BB Storm 9530
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Wow so after all this waiting it seems a real pain in the a$$ to get it loaded up and I HATE having to reset everything and reinstall it all. I'll probably just stick with GB.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast