Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: ICS 4.0.4 update (6.16.211) for the DROID RAZR & MAXX

Device(s)
    S8, G5, Samsung Note 4 DE, Note 3, Moto DROID Bionic, DROID RAZR, Galaxy Nexus, Rezound, V9m, VX8000
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon, AT&T PrePaid (GoPhone)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jeopardy98 View Post
    Wow so after all this waiting it seems a real pain in the a$$ to get it loaded up and I HATE having to reset everything and reinstall it all. I'll probably just stick with GB.
    I can understand your frustration. If your phone is 100% stock, didn't root and installed RAZR BootStrap, SafeStrap,or ClockWork, then I'd say just wait for the OTA. But if any of those have been installed, it will give issue with the OTA and most likely will not install (which is what happened to me). So that is why I had to use Matts Tool 1.7 to get the phone back to 181 stock, then was able to manually install the update zip to 211.
    =>Why did I leave Verizon Wireless after 18 years? Find out here: Leaving Verizon after 18 years!

=> Read my reviews for the Motorola DROID MAXX, DROID Ultra, and DROID Mini.

=> VX8000 at Disney World:Part 1, Part 2, Part 3, Part 4.

Device(s)
    HTC Inspire 4G
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Got ICS 4.0 today.....finally!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using HowardForums

Device(s)
    S8, G5, Samsung Note 4 DE, Note 3, Moto DROID Bionic, DROID RAZR, Galaxy Nexus, Rezound, V9m, VX8000
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Now that Jelly Bean 4.1 is announced and Google says it's coming to the Galaxy Nexus in a few weeks, it makes me wonder if and when it will come to the RAZR. If it does, probably 6-8 months.

Device(s)
    BB Storm 9530
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    So I got the message that it would be upgrading soon last night so I did a titanium backup and temp turned off root. The phone downloaded and installed the ota update last night and ever since it has I have had nothing but issues. The phone runs impossibly slow, freezes up every 15-30 seconds and then reboots. The battery lasts about an hour from full charge because of this and the phone stays very hot as if something is running at all times. I have looked and it says that I only have about 200mb of ram available and I usually can only do 1 or 2 things before it just resets itself. Also none of my messaging apps are working. Stock or handcent both freeze the phone and then it crashes and reboots. I have not received notification that I have a single text message either all day and email notifications are very sporadic. The phone is basically unusable at this point.

Is anyone else having similar issues? Does anyone have any suggestions? I'm just looking for something here...

Device(s)
    Samsung U430 (fully functioinal bluetooth)
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Can you factory reset? I know that should be a last resort.

Maybe you can clean things up first.Do you have a lot of messages accumulated? I see my ram is always about 375 free. Can you clean up cached processes? My browser has 50 mb cached now.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Steveanderson13 View Post
    Can you factory reset? I know that should be a last resort.

Maybe you can clean things up first.Do you have a lot of messages accumulated? I see my ram is always about 400. Can you clean up cached processes? My browser has 50 mb cached now.
    If the OTA 211 was installed and left all your previous apps and settings, but now your having those issues, I would suggest doing a full reset. Then reinstall your apps and settings.

Feedback Score
    Still no ics. This is extremely frustrating. I'm seeing people who have razrs simply because it's cool receiving updates but i still haven't got it. I wish all other oems didn't suck so bad, i would ditch moto in a heartbeat

Device(s)
    BB Storm 9530
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by FAUguy View Post
    If the OTA 211 was installed and left all your previous apps and settings, but now your having those issues, I would suggest doing a full reset. Then reinstall your apps and settings.
    Will my apps and settings backup that I did from GB transfer over. I know it is dumb but I really need my recent calls and text messages to remain intact. If they don't I can always roll back and then do a restore, save what all I need, and then go through it all again manually, right?

Thanks for the help, I'm getting really frustrated.

EDIT: If I go this route what is the easiest method for rooting ICS so that I can load titanium backup and give it a whirl? I'll obviously lose my vodoo root keeper.

Device(s)
    HTC Inspire 4G
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Lovin ICS minus a few changes to how u add widgets.. copy and paste etc

Feedback Score
    Got my ICS last night. Pretty sweet. Wondering where the stock task manager went? Our does ICS handle that differently?

Device(s)
    BB Storm 9530
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    I just wanted to come back and update for anyone that stumbles upon this. I did a factory reset and then rooted using the one click method. Loaded Titanium Backup and restored all apps plus system data and everything came together flawlessly. Every single thing including contacts, call log, mms/sms, apps, homescreens, and widgets integrated exactly as it was before so now I'm back up and running with rooted ICS, and Go Launcher and everything seems to be great. Thanks for the suggestion.

Device(s)
    HTC Inspire 4G
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Noticing a bit of a delay for bluetooth now...especially on youtube videos....however i really like the new layout of youtube for ICS.
    Anyone know why i have contacts on my favs in double now...cant find a way to delete one.

Device(s)
    HTC Inspire 4G
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    I forgot to mention it appears we are forced now to use a social networking service such as ubersocial as the preloaded one from Moto disappeared after the update...still not sure how i feel about that or losing the news feed..had to get 3rd party CNN widget for that too

Device(s)
    Samsung U430 (fully functioinal bluetooth)
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    I just wanted to come back and update for anyone that stumbles upon this. I did a factory reset and then rooted using the one click method. Loaded Titanium Backup and restored all apps plus system data and everything came together flawlessly. Every single thing including contacts, call log, mms/sms, apps, homescreens, and widgets integrated exactly as it was before so now I'm back up and running with rooted ICS, and Go Launcher and everything seems to be great. Thanks for the suggestion.
    Great, glad everything worked especially titanium. I don't think I will do it, lol.

Device(s)
    Droid Razr
    Feedback Score
    Are you saying you restored Gingerbread data to ICS?

I too am likely to be in the same predicament, I'm rooted, many built-in apps removed, so I will be doing a factory reset, just wanted to know what headaches I could skip.

Thanks

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast