Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: ICS 4.0.4 update (6.16.211) for the DROID RAZR & MAXX

Device(s)
    BB Storm 9530
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by daffoml View Post
    Are you saying you restored Gingerbread data to ICS?

I too am likely to be in the same predicament, I'm rooted, many built-in apps removed, so I will be doing a factory reset, just wanted to know what headaches I could skip.

Thanks
    Yes, exactly. All data that shows green in TB and all apps. Worked flawlessly.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Device(s)
    S8, G5, Samsung Note 4 DE, Note 3, Moto DROID Bionic, DROID RAZR, Galaxy Nexus, Rezound, V9m, VX8000
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon, AT&T PrePaid (GoPhone)
    Feedback Score
    I've noticed an issue with the included Motorola Weather Widget. Even though it updates the temp, it does not change the icon between sun and moon. When clicking on it, which shows it full page, it will show the correct image, but then going back to the desktop still shows the wrong one. Only work around it to remove the widget and then add it back.
    =>Why did I leave Verizon Wireless after 18 years? Find out here: Leaving Verizon after 18 years!

=> Read my reviews for the Motorola DROID MAXX, DROID Ultra, and DROID Mini.

=> VX8000 at Disney World:Part 1, Part 2, Part 3, Part 4.

Device(s)
    HTC Inspire 4G
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Use the weather channel widget..out of all the ones ive tried...and there are a lot...its the best at updating location quickly and accurately and the map is nice and fast.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using HowardForums

Feedback Score
    So am i the only one who feels like this update made the razr laggy?

Device(s)
    Turbo 2
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by rideflat View Post

I would like to know about this also. My Maxx is running great on GB so I'm reluctant to upgrade based on your post.

Device(s)
    Samsung U430 (fully functioinal bluetooth)
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    I'm in the same boat with Bionic. Running great with GB and don't need ics. I know excessive accumulated caches can slow it down. Those can be cleared or a factory reset done.

Feedback Score
    I can tell you that my maxx has been updated to ICS thru the OTA update and it is running flawlessly.

Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    I manually downloaded and installed ICS on my RAZR...not laggy at all. In fact, things appear better, but that could be a figment of my imagination.

Device(s)
    S8, G5, Samsung Note 4 DE, Note 3, Moto DROID Bionic, DROID RAZR, Galaxy Nexus, Rezound, V9m, VX8000
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    I haven't experienced any lag and have been on ICS all week. After a couple days I went back to using Go Launcher EX and its been working fine.

Device(s)
    Galaxy Note 2
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by rideflat View Post

Quote Originally Posted by taoman54 View Post
    I would like to know about this also. My Maxx is running great on GB so I'm reluctant to upgrade based on your post.
    If your RAZR is laggy after the ICS update, something isn't right. It's just as smooth, if not smoother than Gingerbread. rideflat, it sounds like you may need to do a factory reset (which, while not necessary, is always a good idea when installing an update, especially a big one like this).

Device(s)
    Motorola Droid
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    With ICS, Is there a way to turn off 4G? In GB, I was able to turn it off. I don't live in a 4G area.

Device(s)
    Galaxy S4, Razr Maxx
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    just got the ICS update earlier this evening on my wife's Maxx... all is a-ok...

does anyone know if there's a way to tell in the settings or by version # if Global-ready is activated.. or is it automatically done with this ICS update.. can't get thru to Verizon..super long wait time

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Stakeouttoo View Post
    just got the ICS update earlier this evening on my wife's Maxx... all is a-ok...

does anyone know if there's a way to tell in the settings or by version # if Global-ready is activated.. or is it automatically done with this ICS update.. can't get thru to Verizon..super long wait time
    Go to Settings, More, Mobile Network.
    The network type should be set to Global by default, but you may have to contact Verizon to see if global roaming is activated on your account.

Device(s)
    Samsung U430 (fully functioinal bluetooth)
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by rickwhoo View Post
    With ICS, Is there a way to turn off 4G? In GB, I was able to turn it off. I don't live in a 4G area.
    I have Bionic. I saw in droid forums a thread that mentioned lte on/off thunderbolt. I tried it and couldn't get it to work.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Steveanderson13 View Post
    I have Bionic. I saw in droid forums a thread that mentioned lte on/off thunderbolt. I tried it and couldn't get it to work.
    Wow, this is an easy one....
    Go to Phone, type in *#*#INFO#*#* and select Phone Info. Part way down you'll see LTE/CDMA/EVDO/GSM, select it and choose CDMA Auto PRL from the list. That will place it into 3G EVDO mode.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast