Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: ICS 4.0.4 update (6.16.211) for the DROID RAZR & MAXX

Device(s)
    S8, G5, Samsung Note 4 DE, Note 3, Moto DROID Bionic, DROID RAZR, Galaxy Nexus, Rezound, V9m, VX8000
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon, AT&T PrePaid (GoPhone)
    Feedback Score
    I've noticed an issue since the ICS update, so please check on your phone.
    First off, make sure you have Dolphin Browser and Chrome installed, and Adobe Flash Player.
    In the regular stock browser or Dolphin Browser, go to a web page with an embedded YouTube Video, such as:
    http://www.phonearena.com/reviews/Sa..._id3068/page/4
    In both the Stock and Dolphin, it will not play, but with Chrome, it does play in the page.
    Then try one of the videos on page 3:
    http://www.phonearena.com/reviews/Sa..._id3068/page/3
    They also do not work with the Default browser or in Dolphin, but in Chrome it plays full screen in the YouTube app.

I'm not sure if the issue with embedded YouTube videos or is an issue with the Stock Default browser and Dolphin, or Flash, or something with ICS. But I've noticed ever since the ICS update, and so far haven't been able to get any embedded YouTube videos to play in Dolphin, which is my favorite browser.

Another issue is when typing in forums, such as with one. With the stock or Dolphin browser, it isn't as easy as before the ICS update, and I've notices the selection cursor doesn't work and is hard it move on the screen. But does work with Chrome.
    =>Why did I leave Verizon Wireless after 18 years? Find out here: Leaving Verizon after 18 years!

=> Read my reviews for the Motorola DROID MAXX, DROID Ultra, and DROID Mini.

=> VX8000 at Disney World:Part 1, Part 2, Part 3, Part 4.

Device(s)
    Samsung U430 (fully functioinal bluetooth)
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    To put back 4g, its: gsm/cdma auto(prl)

Device(s)
    S8, G5, Samsung Note 4 DE, Note 3, Moto DROID Bionic, DROID RAZR, Galaxy Nexus, Rezound, V9m, VX8000
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Steveanderson13 View Post
    To put back 4g, its: gsm/cdma auto(prl)
    Should be default to LTE/CDMA/EVDO/WCDMA. This will allow 4G/3G in US and global roaming.
    But to force 3G, change to CDMA AUTO PRL.
    Name:  Screenshot_2012-07-01-12-44-32.png
Views: 2342
Size:  86.2 KB

Device(s)
    Galaxy S4, Razr Maxx
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    my default after ICS update is Global

Device(s)
    Galaxy S4, Razr Maxx
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    got it ..thanx...

Device(s)
    Motorola Droid Razr Maxx
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    This stupid update has totaly killed my phones stellar reception. Yes I know bars do not indicate quality, but I am going off the dBM values the phone gives. I was in the -70s now im in the -90s for both 1X and 3G. How can this get by the Verizon testing Dept.??? Is Verizon aware of this?? Anyway to revert back to the latest GB release?? Thanks in advnace for any help.
    The US Department of Justice said today:

"AT&T could obtain substantially the same network enhancements that it claims will come from the transaction if it simply invested in its own network without eliminating a close competitor..."

It's The Network, That Never Stops Working For You.

Verizon Wireless Customer Council member since August 2006. Currently Testing: Motorola Droid Bionic

Device(s)
    RAZR Maxx running LineageOS 14.1 (Nougat)
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    My Maxx is new and I didn't want to mess with any custom ROMs just yet, but I rooted it a week after I got it.

I saw on DroidLife that the update was made available on Saturday. I didn't wait for a notification from VZW but went to Settings/About Phone/System updates and there it was. Took about 20 minutes to download (Wi-Fi), less than that to upgrade, and everything came up fine.

The only thing I lost was root, but I just re-rooted using Dan Rosenberg's exploit. I didn't lose any settings or apps. The only problem that I have had so far is I keep losing any albums that I define in My Gallery (I don't lose the pictures). I don't think this is an ICS problem because it happened with GB.
    Last edited by frizfrelengfan; 07-02-2012 at 07:31 PM. Reason: correct grammar

Device(s)
    Galaxy Note 2
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    I have Bionic. I saw in droid forums a thread that mentioned lte on/off thunderbolt. I tried it and couldn't get it to work.
    LTE OnOFF for the Thunderbolt does work for the RAZR/MAXX in order to put the phone into 3G-only mode. All it does is pull up the menu that FAUguy gave manual instructions for accessing.

Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    I just got the push for ICS, and let me tell you, you'll want to stick with Gingerbread. Why? I'll tell you:

1) Battery life BLOWS... many are complaining due to the horrific slice in power, BY HALF!

2) Adobe Flash Player 11 is NOT COMPATIBLE. Yes, it will load up embedded animations, etc., within web pages, but DON'T EVEN TRY to watch ANY videos. You'll get the spinner, a black screen, then ANY BROWSER you choose, STOCK OR 3RD PARTY, will instantly go into a DATA LOCKUP, until you restart or use a 3rd party fast rebooter.

3) Many of the fancy things you were accustomed to in Gingerbread are now gone. Widgets are no loner accessible via a long press on the homescreen (they're now tabbed in the apps folder), you'll lose 2 homescreens pages in favor of grouped folders, and many of the landscape menu layouts are toast.

To top this all off, VZW and Moto are once again in a pissing match over who started the fire, and Google isn't *****slapping the hell out of either of them over this. You would think that Motorola Mobility, now a wholly-owned company under Google, would cut their crap. NOPE! There's still remnants of MOTOBLUR buried into this can. VZW still wants to play hero by pointing fingers at Moto and trying to reject a prompt fix roll-out, now slated to be 2 months away. When will this madness between VZW and Moto stop? Google needs to break out a ***** bat and whack the living bejeezus out of both of them, and give its users the vanilla builds we've all been yearning for, as they seem to function normally, without all of this B.S. fragmentation, skinning, and bloatware running in the background.

Additional info here: http://www.droidforums.net/forum/dro...t-working.html
    I left NEXTEL because:
    1) Gary Forsee for single-handedly killing the mighty NEXTEL
    2) Paul Saleh for coughing up the money for Gary's BIG ideas of grandeur from the NEXTEL cash cow
    3) Timmy Donahue for taking his golden parachute and leaving post-merger when we needed him most
    4) Barry West for regressing iDEN backwards 10 years by killing 6:1 and WiDEN development
    5) Dan Hesse for practicing apathy over sympathy, then prolonging the pain

Device(s)
    Maxx VE, E815, Razr V9m, Moto Driod, Moto Droid X, Droid Bionic, Droid Razr Maxx, Droid Razr Maxx HD
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    I reallly want to give it a chance. Chalk it up to being new and a learning curve. However, the bluetooth connection is acting very poorly with my S10-HD and S9-HD head phones. With Ginger bread, once paired, I could just turn them on and all buttons worked flawlessly. Not so with ICS. Had trouble getting them paired to begin with.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    After almost 2 weeks of using the ICS update, my biggest issue is with the buggy E-Mail app.
    Half the time, the Green LED does not flash when a new E-Mail is received.
    I have a total of 4 accounts setup on the phone, 2 are IMAP and 2 are POP3.
    The IMAP accounts are set to Push, and sometimes a new message does not get pushed, and I have to manually check.
    On the POP3 accounts, I have them set to check every hour, but have noticed sometimes that several hours have gone by without them checking, again forcing me to manually check. And sometimes when I do a manual check, the circle keeps spinning forever and does not check. I have to use the Advanced Task Killer app, and kill the E-Mail app, then load it again for mail to be checked.

Another issue is that sometimes an email will not fully download. You click on the header, and it shows a white screen where the message body should be. It's almost like it got interrupted in downloading the message and didn't finish.

These problems happen over my home Wi-Fi and 4G, but did not occur when the Razr had Gingerbread on it, so I'm pretty sure these E-Mail bugs are related to the ICS update.

In my opinion, this is completely unacceptable as E-Mail is one of the main apps that people use daily.
    Because of this, I've had to install K-9 Mail, which I haven't had to use in over a year, so that my E-Mail can be checked more reliably.

As far as Flash support in the Browsers, I blame Adobe more than Google or Motorola over this, as it's Adobe that is no longer going to provide updates. Even after installing the most recent Flash update from a couple days ago, I still can't get any embedded Flash Videos (such as YouTube) to play in the Default Browser or Dolphin Browser - and it will cause the browser to crash. Some videos will play in the Chrome Browser, so I've been using it more, as text input also seems to work better.

Device(s)
    Samsung U430 (fully functioinal bluetooth)
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Thanks, Fauguy. Newer is not always better obviously and bugs can be expected with new releases. Are you experiencing similar on ICS on another brand?

I've made up my mind it's no sense to me to update until all the bugs are resolved. Plus GB works so well that there's no point in losing it.

Device(s)
    Storm 2
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    So I'm the only one whose media player no longer works? Ill click a file but nothing plays.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Thanks, Fauguy. Newer is not always better obviously and bugs can be expected with new releases. Are you experiencing similar on ICS on another brand?

I've made up my mind it's no sense to me to update until all the bugs are resolved. Plus GB works so well that there's no point in losing it.
    The first ICS phone I used a few months back was the Google Nexus, and I don't recall any email issues with it. Then last week I used and reviewed the new HTC Droid Incredible 4G LTE, which uses the HTC Sense 4 UI and its own E-Mail app, and didn't have any issue with it. That's why I'm pretty sure the problem I'm experiencing on the RAZR is strictly due to its ICS Motorola E-Mail app. Now that I've had K-9 Mail installed for a day, that app is working just fine; no issues with IMAP push, and POP3 is being checked every hour. Plus it has a ton more customization than the stock email app.

Device(s)
    Maxx VE, E815, Razr V9m, Moto Driod, Moto Droid X, Droid Bionic, Droid Razr Maxx, Droid Razr Maxx HD
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by bkdrywall View Post
    I reallly want to give it a chance. Chalk it up to being new and a learning curve. However, the bluetooth connection is acting very poorly with my S10-HD and S9-HD head phones. With Ginger bread, once paired, I could just turn them on and all buttons worked flawlessly. Not so with ICS. Had trouble getting them paired to begin with.
    Car dock seems more involved, also. The Bionic all I had to do was insert it and the dock screen would come up. Now VZ navigator wants to open or always ask permission. If there is a way to skip this step, I'm all ears. I enjoy change, it's part of the anticipation and fun, which goes back to the V710 days.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast