3g only setting gone. Must either program manually or use app.
I did all that, but still can't get the OTA to install.
If you want to do it manually, there is a guy that has a great utility here:
I did this this morning and it is very easy. Can't say I like ICS, but that's just because its different.
You could just fastboot the system and preinstall image from the .181 FXZ file and that should be enough to get the update to take and resolve that error. You can also edit the XML file itself to remove the line wipes userdata and use RSD Lite with the FXZ.
You will always have better results if you make backups first via Titanium or other means and wipe and restore afterwards, but there are ways to avoid it if you manually flash the required images.
Droid RAZR M/HD MSM8960 does HSPA+ on US GSM carriers!
If we knew what we were doing, they wouldn't call it research. - Albert Einstein
Read more, post less.
I ended up having to use Matts Tool 1.7 utility to revert back to 181 stock. Then was able to install the 211 update zip file. After that had to reinstall all the apps and settings, which took a while. But now that it's done, a definite improvement.
So whats the latest?
Still waiting for my update
I have been looking at "Download suspended. Will resume shortly...." for 3 days now...
The update zip should be able to download from
The steps on that page are good if you've rooted your phone and then installed RAZR Bootstrap or ClockWork Boot, which can cause issues with the update zip, thus having to revert the phone back to stock first.
But if you haven't rooted and installed RAZR bootstrap or clockwork, then you could probably install the zip without a problem (step 9, wipe cache twice (not factory reset), then step 10 to install update from SD card.)
Not sure if I wanna do that I am completely stock. I was asked by email to participate and a certain test but I haven't received anything but a survey asking me questions so far
Wow so after all this waiting it seems a real pain in the a$$ to get it loaded up and I HATE having to reset everything and reinstall it all. I'll probably just stick with GB.