Results 1 to 13 of 13

Thread: Iphone 4 and pageplus data

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    17
    Feedback Score
    0

    Iphone 4 and pageplus data

    So is it worth getting the iphone 4 hooked up to pageplus?? On the 55.00 dollar plan? I mean since the phone is pretty much all internet... and page plus doesn't give very much data... Anyone have an idea?

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    1,302
    Phone
    Droid Incredible 2
    Carriers
    Page Plus
    Lycamobile
    Feedback Score
    0
    Straight Talk SIM allows the iPhone and is $10 less for a similar plan with similar coverage. Their customer service is bad and their "unlimited" data may or may not have an unspecified limit near 2GB. Cricket and Virgin Mobile are also getting the iPhone, but they have poor coverage.

    The next iPhone is expected in September or October, so the price will drop on the 4 and 4S. Use WiFi when you can. It's faster and will reduce your data usage.
    Last edited by Slinkwyde; 06-23-2012 at 12:26 AM.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    769
    Carrier
    TracFone, BYO Wireless
    Feedback Score
    0
    Keep in mind that PP does not allow iphones. While there are people on PP using iphones, it's risky to try to buy one for PP at this time.

    http://www.howardforums.com/showthre...ll-NOT-Allowed

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    65
    Phone
    Droid Razr Maxx, GS2
    Carriers
    page plus, at&t
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by daniela7130 View Post
    I mean since the phone is pretty much all internet... and page plus doesn't give very much data
    Pageplus gives 2GB on the 55 plan. Straight Talk will not allow you go to over 2GB in a month and if you go over 100MB in a day you will get flagged and possible to have your phone shut off and number lost. Good luck talking to India reading from a script if you have any problems. I would not recommend Straight Talk at all. Page+ does not do this. I would recommend the iPhone on Page+. Use Wifi when its avail. and don't stream video all day over 3G and 2GB of data per month is plenty for the iPhone. I have a couple friends who are pretty heavy data users on the iPhone with P+ and they only use about 1GB per month.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    716
    Phones
    HTC Ozone
    iPhone
    HTC One V
    Carriers
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    0
    I agree with Mac. If AT&T coverage will work for you, straight talk is the best carrier for iPhones and Android phones that are data intensive. However, if you need VZW coverage, pp is the best option. There are ups and downs and risks to being cut off on either carrier (st has cut of for too much data, pp has reportedly cut off some iPhones in very limited, unconfirmed circumstances)

    Again, concurring with Mac, use wifi as much as possible either way. I even set up my girlfriends iPhone to do this and she on the Verizon postpaid true unlimited plan on an iPhone because the speed and reliability are just so much better on wifi.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    5,086
    Phone
    HTC Droid Incredible 2
    Carriers
    PagePlus Cellular
    Feedback Score
    0
    Just FYI, in case it would influence a decision, PPC corporate, and PPC's only call center, is based in a suburb of Toledo, Ohio.
    PagePlus---13 Years & Counting . . . . . Lycamobile---1 Year & Counting
    *Ericsson AF738, Jul 2001-Dec 2003, *Qualcomm QCP 2760, Dec 2003-Feb 2008, *LG VX-8600, Feb 2008-Apr 2010, *Samsung Omnia SCH-i910, Apr 2010-Nov 2011, *HTC Droid Incredible (CM7.2 ROM), Nov 2011-Jun 2013, *HTC Droid Incredible 2 (CM7.2 ROM), Jun 2013-Present

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    50
    Feedback Score
    0
    My wife has the iPhone 4 on the Standard Plan (no data at all). It's still worth it.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Iowa
    Posts
    1,635
    Phones
    iPhone 5 (Verizon)
    iPhone 5 (Verizon)
    iPhone 4S (T-Mo)
    Carriers
    Verizon
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    0
    If you need the Verizon coverage, go for it. Just understand the risks, being that iPhone is not officially sanctioned or supported on Page Plus in any fashion.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    1,302
    Phone
    Droid Incredible 2
    Carriers
    Page Plus
    Lycamobile
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by deathcab View Post
    I agree with Mac. If AT&T coverage will work for you, straight talk is the best carrier for iPhones and Android phones that are data intensive.
    For the record, I did not give such a strong endorsement of Straight Talk. I was only mentioning them as a similar option with a lower price. When I said that their customer service was bad, I meant notoriously awful. Outsourced employees with poor English and a higher risk of account cancellation. When problems happen, there's little recourse for you unless you happened to keep extensive and detailed records and proof of all your purchases and usage. The only advantages are that it's $10/mo cheaper and that AT&T supports simultaneous voice and data, is better for international travel (GSM), and might have better signal than Verizon in certain areas.

    If it were me, I'd go with Page Plus and use a Callingmart discount to make the price closer to Straight Talk. The trick with Straight Talk is to avoid speaking with Customer Service on the phone whenever possible. Instead, do things yourself on their web site and use HoFo and Google. Keep records of everything. If you do need to contact ST Customer Service, use email, speak Spanish if you can, or call their Miami office. It's a lot more hassle than Page Plus.

    Again, concurring with Mac, use wifi as much as possible either way. I even set up my girlfriends iPhone to do this and she on the Verizon postpaid true unlimited plan on an iPhone because the speed and reliability are just so much better on wifi.
    I don't know about more reliable. In some places (like my university) WiFi can sometimes be highly unreliable. When it does work, it can definitely be faster and have more features available.
    Last edited by Slinkwyde; 06-23-2012 at 02:51 PM.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    1
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by funkd00biest View Post
    Pageplus gives 2GB on the 55 plan. Straight Talk will not allow you go to over 2GB in a month and if you go over 100MB in a day you will get flagged and possible to have your phone shut off and number lost. Good luck talking to India reading from a script if you have any problems. I would not recommend Straight Talk at all. Page+ does not do this. I would recommend the iPhone on Page+. Use Wifi when its avail. and don't stream video all day over 3G and 2GB of data per month is plenty for the iPhone. I have a couple friends who are pretty heavy data users on the iPhone with P+ and they only use about 1GB per month.
    What if you do use more than 2gb of data with page plus will they cut your phone off because striaghttalk makes your internet slow when you go over 2gb and i would know because i have used over 2gb with straighttalk and my phone works fine but my internet is a little slow but i can't complain because i can still use it. I just want to go with pageplus because where i live i have to have a phone that will run on verizon towers because at&t doesn't work where i am at.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    5,086
    Phone
    HTC Droid Incredible 2
    Carriers
    PagePlus Cellular
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by johnc912 View Post
    What if you do use more than 2gb of data with page plus will they cut your phone off because striaghttalk makes your internet slow when you go over 2gb and i would know because i have used over 2gb with straighttalk and my phone works fine but my internet is a little slow but i can't complain because i can still use it. I just want to go with pageplus because where i live i have to have a phone that will run on verizon towers because at&t doesn't work where i am at.
    If you have no cash balance, the cellular data will stop working if you run out. If you have a cash balance, cellular data will continue to work at full speed and it will cost $0.05/MB.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    2
    Feedback Score
    0
    This is what good writing is made of; interesting, engaging, intelligent and well-written content. This is exactly what I see in your post. Thank you.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    4
    Feedback Score
    0
    I'm on the 69 plan and on the iPhone and have had no issues. Page plus even knows its an iPhone. If you like to use a lot of data, get the 69 plan. Speed with Verizon is about the same as AT&T but no throttling that I can tell.


    Sent from my Page Plus iPhone 4

Similar Threads

  1. iPhone and Blackberry data problem
    By urbnazn in forum Rogers Wireless
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 08-13-2009, 07:06 PM
  2. WARNING !! - people with iphone and OLD data plan - DON"T update to 3.0
    By inspector in forum iOS Jailbreaking and Unlocking
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 07-31-2009, 01:05 PM
  3. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-30-2009, 10:46 PM
  4. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-16-2008, 06:09 PM
  5. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 02-15-2008, 09:28 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks