Thread: Verizon smartphones flashed to verizon prepaid??

Feedback Score

Verizon smartphones flashed to verizon prepaid??

So does anybody know if any verizon smart phone like htc thunderbolt, iphone 4 etc.. can be flashed to verizon's prepaid plan?? the $50.00 unliimited talk, txt, and data... I read a few places that it can.. but idk. Do any dealers do this?

Phone
    LG Enlighten
    Carrier
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by daniela7130 View Post
    So does anybody know if any verizon smart phone like htc thunderbolt, iphone 4 etc.. can be flashed to verizon's prepaid plan?? the $50.00 unliimited talk, txt, and data... I read a few places that it can.. but idk. Do any dealers do this?
    The $50 dollar plan is for feature phones only. All this in on Verizon's website. Did you look before coming here? If you want a smartphone you can only get a 450 minute/Unlimited Text/Unlimited Data plan for $90. You also can do the $80 dollar plan with UL Talk/Text/1G of data.

No, you can not use a iPhone of any kind on Verizon prepaid. Check the website next time.
    I Am Perfection
    -Jarrett178

Feedback Score
    I did check the website, thought i'd double check on here. Just like I WILL FOR ANY OTHER QUESTION I HAVE!

Carrier
    Boost Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Any verizon phone that can be MEID "repaired" can be put on Verizon's prepaid plan.

Here's how it works. You get a Verizon prepaid phone from the store. Has to be never turned on, never activated phone. Once you get it home you repair the MEID of the device you want to put on Verizon's prepaid to match the one you got at the store. In my experience it works best with HTC and Samsung android devices. I've heard that LG devices work too but you might not get 3g speeds and might be stuck on 1x data. Android devices with 1x data are depressing!

Once the MEID of the device matches the one of the prepaid then go ahead and start up a Verizon prepaid account with the MEID of the prepaid that you got. After all is done you'll be told to call a number (*228, I think) to activate the device. Do that and the phone will be programmed OTA by Verizon. During activation, since the phone being programmed is a 3g phone, Verizon will allow the phone to get the necessary 3g passwords.

A few things. The prepaid Verizon phone that you got never has to leave the box. Do not ever turn it on. If you do you'll need to start over with another prepaid phone. I usually take it out of the box just to make sure that the MEID is correct on the outside of the box. One time I got one with two stickers outside the box. There were two different MEIDs on the two stickers.

You can also do this to a Verizon android and then read that phone and transfer the passwords to a Sprint phone. Remember to put a Verizon PRL on the Sprint phone. You'll be stuck in constant "roaming" mode but the phone will work fine.

I have one that I did and I used the sh** out of it. Calling anyone any time. I text a lot too and I tether while I'm at work. I pull roughly 100mb a day just tethering. Not counting what I pull for the rest of the day. I have a counter on my laptop and not on the phone. (NOTE TO SELF: Get counter for the phone) Sometimes a bit more. Nobody has ever called me to ask me how I'm pulling that much data on a phone that's supposedly 1x.

Good luck.

PS: No I'm not taking questions at this time.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by kolosus View Post
    Any verizon phone that can be MEID "repaired" can be put on Verizon's prepaid plan.

Here's how it works. You get a Verizon prepaid phone from the store. Has to be never turned on, never activated phone. Once you get it home you repair the MEID of the device you want to put on Verizon's prepaid to match the one you got at the store. In my experience it works best with HTC and Samsung android devices. I've heard that LG devices work too but you might not get 3g speeds and might be stuck on 1x data. Android devices with 1x data are depressing!

Once the MEID of the device matches the one of the prepaid then go ahead and start up a Verizon prepaid account with the MEID of the prepaid that you got. After all is done you'll be told to call a number (*228, I think) to activate the device. Do that and the phone will be programmed OTA by Verizon. During activation, since the phone being programmed is a 3g phone, Verizon will allow the phone to get the necessary 3g passwords.

A few things. The prepaid Verizon phone that you got never has to leave the box. Do not ever turn it on. If you do you'll need to start over with another prepaid phone. I usually take it out of the box just to make sure that the MEID is correct on the outside of the box. One time I got one with two stickers outside the box. There were two different MEIDs on the two stickers.

You can also do this to a Verizon android and then read that phone and transfer the passwords to a Sprint phone. Remember to put a Verizon PRL on the Sprint phone. You'll be stuck in constant "roaming" mode but the phone will work fine.

I have one that I did and I used the sh** out of it. Calling anyone any time. I text a lot too and I tether while I'm at work. I pull roughly 100mb a day just tethering. Not counting what I pull for the rest of the day. I have a counter on my laptop and not on the phone. (NOTE TO SELF: Get counter for the phone) Sometimes a bit more. Nobody has ever called me to ask me how I'm pulling that much data on a phone that's supposedly 1x.

Good luck.

PS: No I'm not taking questions at this time.
    How do you do MEID repair?
    Last edited by hawkeyeman; 07-22-2012 at 10:56 AM. Reason: more info

Feedback Score
    Also what all do i need to do this?

Carriers
    T-MOBILE
    Feedback Score
    would a evo 4g from sprint get the 3g keys the same way as a verizon phone?

Feedback Score
    If you rewrite esn numbers you can put any cdma phone on any cdma network whether they officially allow byod or not. simple as that.