Thread: HTC to Straight Talk

Feedback Score

HTC to Straight Talk

Hello, would someone point me in the right direction please. I am currently on ATT and have a few days to kill the acct. I have 2 phones. Sprint HTC Evo 4g (no sim), and an ATT HTC Vivid (sim). I would like to go Straight Talk on my old Sprint Evo. Any tutorials? Vids? Do I have to flash the Evo? There is no sim. Please help tutor me through this and help get me off ATT.. thankyou!

The only worry I have about using the Vivid on ST, is I might have to send it back to Amazon when cancelling ATT.. thanks

Carrier
    AT&T GoPhone
    Feedback Score
    Its not possible to use your Evo on Straight Talk. Yes there are people who have flashed their Sprint CDMA phones using a cheap donor Straight Talk Verizon CDMA phone, but its problematic due to the Sprint CDMA phones not having the Airtank software that ST uses.

Feedback Score
    Thanks SilentJudge.. Well, what about using the Vivid? its ATT. Have you heard of anyone getting a sim and working for this phone? Any guidance?

Carrier
    AT&T GoPhone
    Feedback Score
    The Vivid will work without issue. Just a simple APN configuration change is needed. You won't get LTE though.

Feedback Score
    Thankyou again! Well, what would my first step be? Do I need to order a sim for the Vivid from ST?

Carriers
    Straight Talk
    Feedback Score
    Yes on the ST website click on "att compatible sim" and order that with a topup service card as well ... make sure on your vivid you disable LTE so you save a lot of battery .. you will still be able to have hspa+... the vivid on St sounds like a nice combo .. have you updated to ics yet?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using HowardForums