Thread: can not receive incoming calls and text messages, desperate !!!

Feedback Score

Angry can not receive incoming calls and text messages, desperate !!!

My situation is, I bought an att nokia lumia900 without contract. My old number is from T mobile so I choose straight talk , and bought an att micro sim card and port the number from T mobile to straight talk. But after porting, I can make phone calls but I can not receive any incoming calls. The text message function is even more weird, I can send and receive text messages from Att users, but can not either send or receive from other carrier users. I called their CSR for hours they can not figure out the problem and keep telling me since I can send and receive messages from att, there is no problem with my side. anyone can help, desperate here!!!!!

Carriers
    StraightTalk
    PagePlus
    Feedback Score
    I know that after you port a number it takes some time (maybe a few hours) for the phone to take over as the receiver of incoming calls even though you can make outgoing calls. If its been a few hours maybe you can try having someone call again and see if it works.

Feedback Score
    It's been two days already, I called ST several times they said according to their system , my phone is working properly T^T

Carriers
    MetroPCS
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by nxfvictory View Post
    It's been two days already, I called ST several times they said according to their system , my phone is working properly T^T
    Does your old T-Mobile SIM card say that it's deactivated? If not, then the port isn't fully complete.

If you have a Facebook account, you could post your problem on the Straight Talk wall there. I've heard that they tend to resolve any problems that way much quicker than regular customer service.

Otherwise your best bet is talking to someone higher up at Straight Talk rather than regular representatives. They surely must have some number porting department.

Also, I've seen number porting taking up to 72 hours.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2
    <<Achieved on "America's Most Affordable 4G Network!"

Feedback Score
    I don't know how to tell if my old sim is deactived or not. When I tried to make calls from that phone it just said that your balance has been completely used (I used up my balance before I change to ST). I already posted on the FB page, hope they can solve the problem. Thx for the tip!

Feedback Score
    now they are not responding after ask me to submit the ticket...

Carriers
    MetroPCS
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by nxfvictory View Post
    I don't know how to tell if my old sim is deactived or not. When I tried to make calls from that phone it just said that your balance has been completely used (I used up my balance before I change to ST). I already posted on the FB page, hope they can solve the problem. Thx for the tip!
    No problem, you can tell whether or not your SIM is deactivated based on what the phone is showing when you put in the SIM card. I don't know what your T-Mobile phone is, but I know (from personal experience) that a Nokia phone would display a message "SIM CARD DEACTIVATED" and it wouldn't show any service bars, even though you're in a good T-Mobile service area. That would mean that your number is no longer active on the T-Mobile side.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

Carriers
    MetroPCS
    Feedback Score
    BTW, what happens when you call 611 on the T-Mobile SIM card, because you said that the system said something about a low account balance, so that would definitely mean that the port isn't fully complete and you're still in T-Mobile's system.

What I would do is wait another 24 hours, since ports can take up to 72 hours and then if nothing happens you can call up T-Mobile and ask them whether or not a port was initiated by Straight Talk (I'm sure that it was) and whether or not both sides have the necessary and correct information to complete the porting process.

Feedback Score
    I called 611, it worked perfectly fine (sign). I think you are right , I'm still on t mobile's system. I will definitely tell ST about their failed parting process, and call T-mobile. Thank you so much, you've been great help.