Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Droid Razr Maxx flashed to Page Plus

Carrier
    Page Plus
    Feedback Score

Droid Razr Maxx flashed to Page Plus

I am desperately trying to find the correct prl file for my Droid Razr Maxx running the new ICS update that I have flashed to Page Plus and would greatly appreciate any help. The phone is currently working with Voice, SMS, MMS (using CyberFlashing MMS) and 1x Data... but I would like to get the proper prl so that I can get 3g data and also I was wondering if there is any way to get the stock MMS to work. I am able to use CyberFlashing MMS as a work around but would much rather use the stock MMS app. I am new to this so forgive me if I say something dumb but I am still learning. This is actually the first phone that I have ever flashed.

I tried to post a link to the CyberFlashing MMS app that I am using currently in case someone else needed it but apparently, I am not allowed to post links at the moment. If anyone needs this, I will be happy to send you a link if you message me.

Carrier
    Page Plus
    Feedback Score
    Is it possible that i just simply do not have a EvDo compatible prl file? And would anyone know the http proxy settings for page plus?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by markburke2nd View Post
    Is it possible that i just simply do not have a EvDo compatible prl file? And would anyone know the http proxy settings for page plus?
    I have the xt912. I was using the 51720 prl. It worked great for me. also I was using the verizon messaging app to get mms working. Then I was messing around with it and inserted my sim card and mms starting working with the regular stock texting app. try that and see if it works.

https://www.google.com/search?aq=0&o...-8&q=51720+prl

there are lots of places you can get the 51720 prl from. I am going to try to attach the one I have. I dont know if i have enough privilege for that yet. just change the extension form .doc to .prl
    Attached Files Attached Files

Carrier
    Selectel Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Here is 52775 newest PagePlus Evdo

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/20148226/52775.prl

Carrier
    Page Plus
    Feedback Score
    I appreciate the prl files. I tried them both and they both yielded the same results. With the new prl file i lost the 1x data and the 3g symbol did come up but only when i enabled the wifi and no actual data was transferred using the 3g connection... in fact the upload and download arrows didn't even show up, so i decided that some settings somewhere in the phone must have been wrong and decided to start completely fresh. I did a factory reset and now i have noticed that my phone will actually connect using 3g and the data is working on the activation screen but i can not get past it. Obviously my phone will not activate because my account is with Page Plus and not Verizon, so is there any way to get past the Welcome/Activation screen on the Droid Razr w/ICS? I tried the 4 corner method that worked when my phone was on gingerbread but it doesn't seem to work with ICS.

Carrier
    Page Plus
    Feedback Score
    Well it seems that after struggling for quite some time with this phone i believe i finally succeeded in programming the phone and with the help of you guys and the prl file you sent i now have a working 3g connection. I fully intend on posting everything that was done once everything is fully tested and proven completely functional.

Carrier
    Page Plus
    Feedback Score
    I have been playing with my phone since i managed to get the 3g connection working and have already noticed that my stock mms.apk is not working with my current setup so i would love to hear any ideas on how to make that work. I also have noticed that the system update will not work unless i am connected to wifi... it will not connect using the mobile data, but everything else seems to be working great. So currently i have Voice, SMS, and a working stable 3g connection with the exception of the few issues i stated above. I also must note that i have yet to reboot my phone because the last time i managed to get the 3g up and running i rebooted my phone and lost the mobile data all together. I will continue testing and tweaking the phone and will create instructions with a list of settings and values that i used to get were i am once i finished with all the tweaking. I really would like to use the stock mms.apk but if i am not able to get it working i will be forced to use the CyberFlashing MMS.apk so any information on how to get the stock apk working would be greatly appreciated.

CyberFlashing MMS.APK Link: http://www2.cyberflashing.com/prod/adb/pageplusmms.apk

Carrier
    Page Plus
    Feedback Score
    I finally decided to try and reboot my phone and I have in fact lost my data connection. When i turn on the WiFi the 3g symbol will pop up beside the WiFi symbol but once i turn the WiFi off the 3g symbol also goes away, and to top it off i have failed to get the 3g back up since the reboot...

Feedback Score
    Hi,
    Have you tried using a program like AnyCut and created a shortcut to access the Data Call settings and turn it on?
    Download Anycut, long press blank space on Home Screen, select Shortcuts>Anycut>Activity>Data Call Settings. This makes a shortcut to the same settings on your home screen.

I finally decided to try and reboot my phone and I have in fact lost my data connection. When i turn on the WiFi the 3g symbol will pop up beside the WiFi symbol but once i turn the WiFi off the 3g symbol also goes away, and to top it off i have failed to get the 3g back up since the reboot...

Carrier
    Page Plus
    Feedback Score
    I actually gave up and decided to ship my phone off to Beigephone to have it programmed... I already paid RemoteSquad to "Flash" my phone but it failed to work completely and its been a nightmare to get the problems fixed so I will deal with that issue later... in fact it was such a pain to get anyone to help me i decided to attempt the programming of my phone myself but i also failed, and will now give Beigephone a chance. If Beigephone is successful in programming my phone i plan to backup everything that is done using CDMA WS and QPST and I also plan to go through the phone documenting all settings but it will take me some time. I hope that in the end this horrible experience will help someone.

Carrier
    ppc
    Feedback Score
    I actually gave up and decided to ship my phone off to Beigephone to have it programmed... I already paid RemoteSquad to "Flash" my phone but it failed to work completely and its been a nightmare to get the problems fixed so I will deal with that issue later... in fact it was such a pain to get anyone to help me i decided to attempt the programming of my phone myself but i also failed, and will now give Beigephone a chance. If Beigephone is successful in programming my phone i plan to backup everything that is done using CDMA WS and QPST and I also plan to go through the phone documenting all settings but it will take me some time. I hope that in the end this horrible experience will help someone.
    i sent mine off today as well
    bp claims they can now fix drmaxx to ppc 3g on ota ics

no one seems to know what they do unless its super expensive software other than cdmaws that can do more or perhaps some other section of programming that cdmaws can get to but no one knows what to do with it

Carrier
    Page Plus
    Feedback Score
    I sent mine off to Beigephone yesterday and they received it this morning around 9:30 am and had it on its way back to me by noon so I should have it in my hands by tomorrow morning... I cant wait to see how well it works. I hope all of my 3g and mms problems are a thing of the past.

Carrier
    ppc
    Feedback Score

need the 4g sim

I sent mine off to Beigephone yesterday and they received it this morning around 9:30 am and had it on its way back to me by noon so I should have it in my hands by tomorrow morning... I cant wait to see how well it works. I hope all of my 3g and mms problems are a thing of the past.
    drazr needs the 4g sim to work with ota ics

Carrier
    Page Plus
    Feedback Score
    yes it does need the sim card... but I have had the sim card in the phone the entire time I was trying to get the 3g to work... I got my phone back from Beigephone and the 3g does work and is stable but I still do not have mms with the stock app which i will try to figure out once i get back from vacation. I did briefly look through the phone settings and immediately noticed that Beigephone changed the sim card setting to Commercial, and changed the Network Type to LTE, Cdma, Evdo but i will go through all of the settings and document it all after my vacation is over.

Feedback Score
    Hey Mark,
    Much appreciated if you can create a document with the new settings for ICS.

yes it does need the sim card... but I have had the sim card in the phone the entire time I was trying to get the 3g to work... I got my phone back from Beigephone and the 3g does work and is stable but I still do not have mms with the stock app which i will try to figure out once i get back from vacation. I did briefly look through the phone settings and immediately noticed that Beigephone changed the sim card setting to Commercial, and changed the Network Type to LTE, Cdma, Evdo but i will go through all of the settings and document it all after my vacation is over.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast