Thread: Can I unlock my Verizon Pre+ to use on other carriers?

Phone
    Nokia 6600
    Carrier
    TMobile
    Feedback Score

Can I unlock my Verizon Pre+ to use on other carriers?

My friend gave me a Palm Pre Plus and it's in great condition.
    I'd like to use it but I don't want to open a Verizon account.

Is there a way to flash the phone to use it on another network, like Virgin or MetroPCS?
    Maybe there's a pay-as-you-go option for this phone?

Phone
    LG E960 Nexus 4 | HTC ADR6300 Incredible
    Carriers
    T-Mobile prepaid | Page Plus Cellular
    Feedback Score
    If it's a used phone with an ESN in good standing, then you should be able to activate the Pre+ on Page Plus Cellular (www.pagepluscellular.com), an MVNO which resells Verizon coverage. They offer no-contract monthly plans and PAYGO.

Sent from my Android using HowardForums
    Glad to be off contract since 2010...

Device Reverse Chronology: Nokia Asha 303 | Palm Pixi Plus | Motorola W233 Renew | Motorola VU204 | LG VS740 Ally | Motorola V325xi | LG VX8560 Chocolate3 | Motorola V265 | LG VX5400 | Nokia 6015i | Samsung VGA1000

Phones
    iPhone
    RAZR
    Carriers
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    does the palm pre plus work on pagesplus for sure? It's not listed on their website?
    music lessons in manhattan
    http://www.manhattanmusicinstruction.com

Phones
    iPhone
    RAZR
    Carriers
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    well heres how stupid I am... I did a hard reset of my phone to wipe all the data and now I can't activate it because of the stupid palm profile activation. What a dumb thing palm did with this. I purchased the pageplus activation but I can't finalize because of stupid palm arghhhhhh so aggravating. There is now way in Hates I am activating on verizon just to get this stupid thing working

Phones
    iPhone
    RAZR
    Carriers
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    got it working by emergency cll and *288 to activate thanks!

Phones
    LG Optimus T
    Moto G
    Carrier
    T-Mobile Prepaid & Page Plus
    Feedback Score
    This is all normal for this phone. It's actually a very good device, great phone call quality and radio performance, good Wi-Fi, and very compact. Hope it works out for you.

Make sure you know how to turn off cellular data so you don't blow your account balance, unless you're on one of the monthly plans and intend to use it that way.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by LoungeBoyKip View Post
    My friend gave me a Palm Pre Plus and it's in great condition.
    I'd like to use it but I don't want to open a Verizon account.

Is there a way to flash the phone to use it on another network, like Virgin or MetroPCS?
    Maybe there's a pay-as-you-go option for this phone?
    It is definitely possible. All you need is a code to unlock it. If you visit “cellunlocker.net” and provide your IMEI number, you would receive the cell unlock code by email. Then by following the instruction provided below you can easily unlock you phone.
    1. Turn on phone with not allowed SIM card
    2. Phone will ask for network unlock pin (referring to the unlock code).
    3. Enter pin number once
    4. Phone states SOS only calls – when you try to make a regular call it will ask for the network unlock pin again. At this point no matter how many times you put in the pin. It will state incorrect pin message.
    5. Reboot phone with the same not allowed SIM card.
    6. After reboot, it’s unlocked and never asked for the network unlock pin again.

Phones
    LG Optimus T
    Moto G
    Carrier
    T-Mobile Prepaid & Page Plus
    Feedback Score
    In case it didn't make itself apparent, the Verizon-branded Palm Pre Plus is a CDMA-based device. It does not utilize a SIM card, which is a feature of GSM devices. As is, this phone can be used on Verizon wireless, Page Plus Cellular, or H2O (CDMA service) carriers. Possible that it may be able to be "flashed" for use on Cricket, but I'm not clear on that. But it definitely cannot be used on GSM networks. There is a version of this phone that originated with AT&T that is a GSM device. Perhaps that is where the confusion lies.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by whacker View Post
    In case it didn't make itself apparent, the Verizon-branded Palm Pre Plus is a CDMA-based device. It does not utilize a SIM card, which is a feature of GSM devices. As is, this phone can be used on Verizon wireless, Page Plus Cellular, or H2O (CDMA service) carriers. Possible that it may be able to be "flashed" for use on Cricket, but I'm not clear on that. But it definitely cannot be used on GSM networks. There is a version of this phone that originated with AT&T that is a GSM device. Perhaps that is where the confusion lies.
    Thanks for the information. I did not know that Verizon Palm pre plus was a CDMA. I made a mistake thinking everything was GSM mobile. Just Googled it and got confirmed.