Thread: Switching Virgin Mobile "Beyond Talk" LG Rumor Touch Phone to Net10

Carriers
    Airvoice
    Feedback Score

Switching Virgin Mobile "Beyond Talk" LG Rumor Touch Phone to Net10

I have a Virgin Mobile phone, LG Rumor Touch, currently on their "Beyond Talk" plan, but I get an unreliable signal. I love the phone, and want to change it to Net10, but I know its a dedicated Virgin Mobile phone, so I was wondering if anyone knows if I can transfer it and use it on my Net10 service? Net10 customer service said "YES and (of course) please submit a support ticket," but i'm afraid to mess up my Virgin Mobile phone if I proceed further with them, so I thought I'd get input from here in this very informative forum. Thanks!

Feedback Score
    I believe the Net10 BYOD service, which is only available as an Unlimited plan, is only available for GSM phones. It requires a special SIM card.

But if you can get the phone flashed properly, you might be able to use it on Page Plus. If you go to the dealer that is like a cat, there is a link for a good flashing service. It is usually easy to get a good Verizon signal.

Carriers
    Airvoice
    Feedback Score
    It's on the CDMA 800/1900‏ band. Yes I've been looking at Page Plus, their coverage map looks good, of course the phones are a bit pricey, but I live in a rural area in between cell towers from the 2 cities east and west of me, so the Virgin Mobile is tough signal for voice, but text works ok. I also have Net10 and Tracfone and they get pretty reliable signals. The LG Rumor Touch is considered now a dated phone, but I do love it and guess I'll hang on to it because it has a great unlimited text plan, and i use it almost exclusively once i leave my rural town and get close to the interstate. Problem is I work at home and need reliable affordable voice here, maybe I'm too sentimental over my Rumor Touch and I know there's other cool affordable phones out there. and of course i gotta have a cheap plan. thanks and any more input..look forward to it.

Feedback Score
    You don't have to use the phones that Page Plus sells on their website. You can use any phone that was manufactured for Verizon contract customers. Phones that were manufactured for Prepaid Verizon are not allowed anymore for new activations. I believe you can flash the firmware of Virgin phones to make them work, not sure. The phones on the Page Plus website are for people who can't get a hold of a Verizon phone for some reason. But it's easy enough to find one on ebay, etc. Of course, the phone has to be "clean" and not currently under contract. And Page Plus will not help you figure out a phone technical problem unless it's one of their phones.

Page Plus is overwhelmingly BYOD. I doubt that very many people buy anything from the website other than airtime. And they have dealers who offer extra services.