Thread: Straight Talk phone suddenly stopped receiving texts from Verizon friends

Feedback Score

Straight Talk phone suddenly stopped receiving texts from Verizon friends

My straight talk phone worked great to begin with. Then one day it suddenly stopped allowing me to receive texts from my friends and family using Verizon network phones. They receive MY text messages, but when they respond, I don't get their texts. I can both send and receive text messages to and from anyone using AT&T (don't know about other networks). I took the phone back to Wal Mart (where I purchased it) - they worked on it for a while, then called an "expert" on the phone and worked with them for another hour or so - no luck. They said they couldn't find any reason for the phone to suddenly stop receiving Verizon network texts.

Any ideas?

Phone
    Atrix/Skyrocket/R455C/Samsung Jack
    Carrier
    GoPhone LTE
    Feedback Score
    It could be helpful to know what phone you are using, what network are you on?

Feedback Score
    It's a ZTE Merit (a Wal Mart Straight Talk phone actually belonging to my husband) and I believe it uses the AT&T network. When first purchased, it worked perfectly. Beginning a little over a week ago, when my husband texts anyone who uses the Verizon network (me, among others in our family), we receive his texts, but his Straight Talk phone (the Merit) does not receive our responses to him. When he texts friends or family who use the AT&T (or other networks) network, his phone does receive their text responses.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Nepierce42 View Post
    It's a ZTE Merit (a Wal Mart Straight Talk phone actually belonging to my husband) and I believe it uses the AT&T network. When first purchased, it worked perfectly. Beginning a little over a week ago, when my husband texts anyone who uses the Verizon network (me, among others in our family), we receive his texts, but his Straight Talk phone (the Merit) does not receive our responses to him. When he texts friends or family who use the AT&T (or other networks) network, his phone does receive their text responses.
    Is data turned off on the widget at the top? If it is off, turn it on and have someone text again. I have an issue where I don't get texts from ppl if my data is off.

Phone
    Atrix/Skyrocket/R455C/Samsung Jack
    Carrier
    GoPhone LTE
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by episodic View Post
    Is data turned off on the widget at the top? If it is off, turn it on and have someone text again. I have an issue where I don't get texts from ppl if my data is off.
    If the data switch is off she gets no texts not some. I don't have a merit to look at settings. Somebody will be by soon there is more info available now. I wonder if ports go bad and have to be reset on ST's end?

Carrier
    Air Voice
    Feedback Score
    Not so sure about the data switch. I have a ZTE Avail (Merit) and my data switch is definately OFF and I can still send and receive texts, even from people on Verizon. But I don't have StraightTalk.

Phone
    Optimus G
    Carrier
    Not Straight Talk
    Feedback Score
    I have had the exact same problem (no incoming texts from VZW) for over 2 weeks now and have been on ST with this SIM for two years without any issues until now. I keep hoping it will resolve itself so I don't have to deal with customer service. Please post back if you find anything further out.