Thread: Need Safestrap help

Device(s)
    RAZR Maxx running LineageOS 14.1 (Nougat)
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score

Need Safestrap help

I've looked all over for an answer to this. I have a Razr Maxx. I installed the OTA upgrade to ICS. Then I rooted the phone and installed Safestrap. I switch over to Safe Boot mode and install a custom ROM (tried Eclipse and INFEX) following all the instructions to wipe cache, format data, format system, clear Dalvik cache. Whenever I try to boot the safe system I get the Motorola "M" screen followed by a black screen. I have to press and hold POWER-VOLUME DOWN until I see the screen flash slightly, then I release both buttons and re-press POWER to get the phone back. I switch off Safe Boot mode and the phone re-boots normally to stock.

I've tried de-installing Safestrap, unroot, factory reset, re-root, re-install Safestrap. All that accomplished was make me re-input all my personal settings (thank goodness Google re-installed the apps and my contacts). I've tried several times to see if I have missed a step. And yes I have Busybox installed. At this point, any help would be appreciated. I don't want to waste any more hours trying to get this to work.

Device(s)
    RAZR Maxx running LineageOS 14.1 (Nougat)
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    I was trying to flash a Gingerbread custom ROM on a system that has Ice Cream Sandwich installed. I found out you can't do that. I flashed an ICS version of Eclipse and I'm enjoying it.