Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Verizon MVNOs

Feedback Score

Verizon MVNOs

Does Verizon give any of the MVNOs access to the LTE network or are they all CDMA providers? It looks like Page Plus is just CDMA as well as all of the others...

Phone
    Samsung Galaxy S5
    Carriers
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    No vzw MVNOs have the 4G. You have to go to vzw for that. My boyfriend has Page plus and that's 3G only

Posted from my Droid Razr Maxx.

Carrier
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    As time goes on verizon will probably allow operators access to the 4 g network. Right now it's a cash cow for them, so don't expect anything anytime soon.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
    Last edited by chrisf8657; 07-10-2012 at 03:42 PM.

Carrier
    GoPhone
    Feedback Score
    As far as I know, ATT and VZW don't offer their LTE to any mvno. Sprint has Wimax on Boost and Virgin now - but they own them and obviously not LTE.

If you need higher speeds, both ATT and Tmobile's HSPA+ networks are available through many prepaid options. The speeds can approach LTE, but the latency will be higher. But, it's the best that's available in anything considered '4g' for prepaid.

Carrier
    All of them.
    Feedback Score
    I am sure its around the corner. Verizon basically said themselves that they want people on 4G instead of 3G. Why let the 2nd tier customers on MVNO's bog down their premium 3G network when they can be using the 4G network that can handle the heavy load...?
    Home ISP, RR-Ultimate WiFi, $90/mo | Verizon 4G, $30/mo Unlimited

School, $5,000/semester | Work

Phones
    MOT Droid Mini,
    Home Phone Connect,
    MOT Droid 3,
    Carriers
    Verizon Wireless, Page Plus
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Extraordinary View Post
    Why let the 2nd tier customers on MVNO's bog down their premium 3G network when they can be using the 4G network that can handle the heavy load...?
    I think that answers it. The MVNO's 2nd tier customers use the old, bogged down, 3G network, while Verizon's top tier customers enjoy the exclusivity of the fast new 4G network.

Phones
    LG G2
    LG G2
    Carrier
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    I am sure its around the corner. Verizon basically said themselves that they want people on 4G instead of 3G. Why let the 2nd tier customers on MVNO's bog down their premium 3G network when they can be using the 4G network that can handle the heavy load...?
    Verizon's Lte problem is a software one, the piece of equipment that handels network chatter has cause big issues with Lte. That is the reason for Verizon's cascading outages.

Phones
    Ashoka
    Norman
    Elba
    Carrier
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    What are all of Verizon's wholesale cutomers?

Carrier
    verizon
    Feedback Score
    I figure they may open it up by next year sometime.
    Running too many phones

Carrier
    GoPhone
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ybcre8iv View Post
    What are all of Verizon's wholesale cutomers?
    Do you mean what are all the MVNOs that they share their network with?

Feedback Score
    I think it is the opposite. From what I read, Verizon hate mvnos. Spring and T-Mobile love mvnos.
    So Verizon will treat mvnos like **** until all other mvno gets LTE which forces Verizon to make the switch. I think we are still 2+ years away.

Phones
    Motorola M800 Portable Phone
    Sprint Sanyo SCP-7050
    Samsung Galaxy Note SGH-I717
    Carriers
    AT&T
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Millenicom has a 20 GB hybrid plan that offers both 3G/4G
    I'm a weird bird. My unlimited unthrottled AT&T LTE iPad SIM sits inside a smartphone that can't make calls. I carry one of a variety of prepaid dumbphones with me linked to a single number with Google Voice.

Phone
    iPhone 4S 64GB, SGS III
    Carrier
    MSV 10GB 4 lines
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by iphoneblitz View Post
    I think it is the opposite. From what I read, Verizon hate mvnos. Spring and T-Mobile love mvnos.
    So Verizon will treat mvnos like **** until all other mvno gets LTE which forces Verizon to make the switch. I think we are still 2+ years away.
    Of course the smaller carriers are going to like to pull in revenue however they can, while the premium brand of Verizon wants to keep it to themselves. They are, however, letting some MVNOs in, but in a small way.
    I usually support government regulation, but It is unfortunate that the government over-regulated and killed the AT&T/ T-Mobile Merger
    The best explanation of the pricing nutiness in the industry.
    Why Sprint and T-Mo will always suck.
    The only way to end the pricing insanity is to eliminate contracts and subsidies.
    I want Wifi calling on AT&T.
    If you text while driving, you're an idiot. End of story.

Phone
    Motorola X
    Carrier
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    I can't imagine that they will hold out very long. The LTEiRA partner subscribers are getting access to the Verizon 4G LTE network, and Verizon isn't seeing any of that money at all. They may have saved some cash by having their network partners roll out large chunks of their network, but they aren't seeing those subscriber dollars. I think they would much rather see some additional revenue from their LTE network in the form of MVNO subscribers/payments than have a bunch of freeloaders* "roam" on their network across the country.

*not really, but you get the point.

Carrier
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Carriers use MVNOs to resell bandwidth that they can't sell on their own (like Sprint), or bandwidth that exceeds what they need to serve their core customer base. 700Mhz LTE doesn't fit either criteria, and won't for a long, long time. That's why Sprint is selling WiMax bandwidth to Clear Wireless in many markets; since adopting LTE going forward, they have no use for the WiMax.
    Low price, Excellent Service, High Quality. Pick any two, but you never get all three.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast