Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: HTC DROID DNA 6435LVW Pre-Release Thread

Feedback Score

HTC DROID DNA 6435LVW Pre-Release Thread

Tough to say for sure, but this seems like the "note" like device for HTC since it's got a 1080p display. That would be a bit overkill if it's not 5" plus. Resolution suggests onscreen buttons which would be an HTC first. Gonna be some pretty interesting late summer early fall VZW stuffs it seems.

http://www.droid-life.com/2012/07/12...s4/#more-75899

Device(s)
    Galaxy Nexus
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Between this and the GSIII and the Razr HD it seems some high end phones are on the radar.

Not opposed to a big HTC device, but I think I may have fallen in love with the Nexus series and the openness and customizability.

I may very well wait and see if we see the next Nexus on VZW.

Feedback Score
    The Dev SGSIII I think could be as successful as the current Nexus with many looking to preserve their unlimited though. Not to mention Samsung should be free to release proprietary binaries for it LONG before they could get the full on VZW approved TouchWiz stuffs out. That thing could prove to be almost as nice as having a Nexus in these regards if Samsung handles it right. We'll see.

Such things seemingly haven't happened with the Rezound which in unlockable, so it's tough to say. Samsung does up and send devices to devs for free though, so you never know.

I personally want a 5" HD physical Qwerty device. I would drop the GNex in a heartbeat for such a device even if the thing was locked up with limited dev support. I'm so doubtful that will happen though that I am preparing to keep the GNex for a long time. Atleast until there are several A15 devices out. A Nokia PureView device running Windows Phone 8 could be interesting also. The lack of camera innovation is kinda a bummer. They are all good now, but would be cool if something more extreme in sensor size existed on an Android device. I am a huge minority in my acceptance of a massively thick device to enable such things though.

Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Finally this thread has appeared. I would want a 5" screen, so I am waiting for either this phone or the Note 2 if Verizon gets it.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ronaldheld View Post
    Finally this thread has appeared. I would want a 5" screen, so I am waiting for either this phone or the Note 2 if Verizon gets it.
    Hah. I just created it since there was a more specific leak finally. All we had before was some blanket leak of a slew of random VZW devices they may or may not all see the light of day.

Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    This is a phone to be released before the next IPhone?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ronaldheld View Post
    This is a phone to be released before the next IPhone?
    Hard to say with VZW. Apple seems to have devices ready and approved with all the launch networks LONG before any official word or timeframe for the device gets a firm leak. This device will probably more or less show up when HTC finally convinces VZW it should be released. Apple has more control of such thing than HTC will have essentially. Still clueless how Samsung pulled off what they did with the SIII, but it was still not as smooth and controlled down to the day as the iPhone4S that launched on a similar line-up of networks all at once.

Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quiet here. No news to report?

Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Yeah I'm curious on this device... I currently have an Inc2, and am stuck between waiting to see what this thing is, or getting an Inc4g plus N7 tablet...

any suggestions?
    Last edited by Stratocat0; 08-01-2012 at 09:14 AM. Reason: fixed spelling error

Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Maybe it's release date is intended to not compete with the IPhone?

Feedback Score

Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Interesting the this phone and the Note II could be out next month. All to beat the fruit phone.

Carrier(s)
    vzw [UL data]
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Schmiggy_JK View Post
    . . . I think I may have fallen in love with the Nexus series and the openness and customizability.

I may very well wait and see if we see the next Nexus on VZW.
    Should have done this sooner . . .
    http://www.pcworld.com/businesscente...es_report.html
    Last edited by FAUguy; 08-26-2012 at 08:42 PM.
    Learning Android root on my SGSIII while waiting for Ubuntu Phone OS.

The Borg has assimilated US: Supreme Court Blocks Ban on Corporate Political Spending ~ "Resistance is futile."

Perspective instantiates reality.

Feedback Score
    Possible first leaked pictures? Looks pretty nice if you don't HAVE to have Phablet and something almost SIII sized will work. Display looks a good bit closer to the edge than even SIII maybe. Seems we have a bezel minimization trend now.

http://www.droid-life.com/2012/09/01...080p-5-device/

DL is speculating this isn't it, but never know what might have came of onscreen buttons from some early test builds and hardware. Posting this here cause it looks too thin compared to size to be a smallish device(unless it's like 7mm which is unlikely).

Carrier(s)
    vzw [UL data]
    Feedback Score
    'Run silent, run deep.'
    These DL pics are just too speculative to be useful, I think.
    Whatever the HTC DLX turns out to be, it's just not making any noise at all.

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast