Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: HTC DROID DNA 6435LVW Pre-Release Thread

Device(s)
    S8, G5, Samsung Note 4 DE, Note 3, Moto DROID Bionic, DROID RAZR, Galaxy Nexus, Rezound, V9m, VX8000
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon, AT&T PrePaid (GoPhone)
    Feedback Score
    http://www.phonearena.com/news/Live-...ID-DNA_id36566

John is posting Live from the press event.
    =>Why did I leave Verizon Wireless after 18 years? Find out here: Leaving Verizon after 18 years!

=> Read my reviews for the Motorola DROID MAXX, DROID Ultra, and DROID Mini.

=> VX8000 at Disney World:Part 1, Part 2, Part 3, Part 4.

Device(s)
    S8, G5, Samsung Note 4 DE, Note 3, Moto DROID Bionic, DROID RAZR, Galaxy Nexus, Rezound, V9m, VX8000
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    They mention that its viewing angles are better than the SGSIII. 50% brighter than the SGSIII too. Everything is going to look amazing

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score

Carrier(s)
    Rogers
    Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Just got the release:

DROID DNA BY HTC INTRODUCED AS THE ULTIMATE SMARTPHONE —AVAILABLE EXCLUSIVELY FROM VERIZON WIRELESS

The first full HD 1080p display with the highest pixel density of any smartphone also features the latest Qualcomm Snapdragon quad-core processor, Verizon Wireless 4G LTE
    and HTC Sense 4+ with Android Jelly Bean

BELLEVUE, WA — Nov. 13, 2012 — HTC Corporation, a global leader in mobile innovation and design, and Verizon Wireless today announced the exclusive DROID DNA by HTC, the ultimate smartphone and the first with a full HD 1080p display. The DROID DNA by HTC will be available exclusively through Verizon Wireless through pre-order starting today and at retail stores nationwide Wednesday, November 21st.

“It’s no secret that people depend on their smartphones more and more every day which rightfully raises expectations for performance, speed, and design. The DROID DNA by HTC embodies a smartphone that pushes the envelope in all of these areas with the first true 1080p HD display, latest quad-core processor, and Verizon’s 4G LTE network, all wrapped in a beautifully crafted design,” said Jason Mackenzie, president, HTC Corporation. “The DROID DNA by HTC is sure to top wish lists this holiday season.”

The Ultimate Smartphone
    With technology rivaling the latest HD TV’s, the DROID DNA by HTC is the first smartphone to feature a true 1080p HD super LCD 3 display with Corning® Gorilla® Glass 2 protection. It boasts an extraordinary 440 pixels per inch (PPI) on a 5-inch screen for unprecedented in-hand HD experiences that delivers the maximum pixel clarity available on a smartphone.

Designed to accentuate the incredible display, the deep black, soft-touch back is understated, with the exception of a metallic red camera bezel, while the red microgrill pattern of the sidewalls hint at the phone’s DROID heritage and the power inside. The beautifully crafted smartphone feels thinner than other devices of a similar size as the edges of the curved back taper to a mere 4mm for a comfortable feel in the hand or pocket.

The Qualcomm® Snapdragon S4 Pro processor, featuring a quad-core 1.5 GHz CPU and high-performance GPU, paired with America’s largest 4G LTE network from Verizon Wireless and a full 2G of RAM enable the seamless use of multiple apps simultaneously. With HTC Sense® 4+ and Android™ 4.1.1 (Jelly Bean), you get great software experiences including Google Now. HTC Sense 4+ offers a wealth of easy-to-use and customizable features bringing highly sought after personalization to your phone and placing the most important content front and center. A series of intelligent features powered by HTC Sense 4+ also provides a number of improvements to the camera.

Amazing Camera
    The DROID DNA by HTC has a world-class camera that delivers fast image capture, great images even in low-light and an easy interface to capture stills and video. With an 8-megapixel f/2.0 28mm wide-angle lens, 5-level automatic flash, backside illuminated sensor (BSI), and superfast autofocus, you’ll capture amazing moments without the worry of missing a single one. Instead of choosing between photos and video, HTC VideoPic™ allows you to capture video and still images at the same time. And by simply holding the shutter button, Continuous Shooting takes multiple photos at up to four frames per second to catch all the action.

It also includes a new best-in-class 2.1-megapixel, f/2.0, 88-degree, ultra-wide angle, front-facing camera that allows more to be captured in self-portraits, and up to four people for group shots. Auto Portrait makes it easier to take photos of yourself and your friends with automatic face detection and a countdown timer so you can focus on your pose and not the shutter button. Capable of capturing 1080p HD video, the front-facing camera also provides a sharper picture during video chat.

Authentic Sound
    The DROID DNA by HTC has a unique, 2.55-volt, built-in headset amplifier and dedicated amp for the external rear-speaker to help boost the audio signal to deliver crystal clear sound with less distortion, even at maximum volume. The combination of amplified hardware and the rich, authentic, studio-quality sound of Beats Audio™ allows music to be heard the way the artist intended, and enhances the sound quality while playing games or watching video.

Additional Features
    The DROID DNA by HTC is equipped with a 2,020 mAh battery and power saving software that enables long-lasting endurance. In addition, the embedded wireless charging makes it easy and convenient to top off power throughout the day or fully charge overnight, simply by setting the phone down. Finally, with near field communication (NFC), you can use the DROID DNA by HTC to share music and videos, add someone to your social networks, or download apps by tapping other NFC-enabled devices.

Availability:
    The DROID DNA by HTC will be available exclusively from Verizon Wireless through a pre-order starting today at www.verizonwireless.com/droiddna, and in-stores nationwide beginning Wednesday, November 21st for $199.99 with a two-year customer agreement.

Device(s)
    Galaxy Note 2
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    As expected, no microSD card slot and a non-removable battery (that's only 2020 mAh).

I know the Snapdragon S4 Pro is a very efficient processor, but with that large 1080p display and LTE, I have some serious doubts about the longevity of that battery on a single charge. I was already pretty strongly in the Note 2 camp, but this just seals the deal.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Hope that either John can find out about the microSD, or just wait until the full specs page is listed today since pre-sales will start.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by FAUguy View Post
    Hope that either John can find out about the microSD, or just wait until the full specs page is listed today since pre-sales will start.
    Engadget is saying its just 16GB internal and no microSD. That's disappointing. It should have a 32GB version then!!!

Device(s)
    Galaxy Note 2
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Engadget is saying its just 16GB internal and no microSD. That's disappointing. It should have a 32GB version then!!!
    Yeah, their hands-on video goes over the entire exterior of the phone, and there's no micro-SD slot. Very disappointing, especially with only 16GB of memory.

Device(s)
    HTC Incredible
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    What are they taking Apple's approach?

Device(s)
    Galaxy Note 2
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by sirflex View Post
    What are they taking Apple's approach?
    At least Apple offers 32GB and 64GB versions.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    http://www.verizonwireless.com/b2c/s...edPhoneId=6103

Pre-order specs page is up. Looks like it will ship on the 19th with 2 day delivery for the 21st.
    Still wish they had it in a 32GB version....and would not be surprised is they have one in a couple months.

Device(s)
    Galaxy Note 2
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Still wish they had it in a 32GB version....and would not be surprised is they have one in a couple months.
    I wouldn't be surprised either. They'll just up the internal storage (possibly along with a bigger battery) and slap the codename on the end and call it the Droid DNA DLX.
    Current lineup: Galaxy Note 2, MotoActv

Previous smartphones: Galaxy S3, One X, Droid RAZR MAXX, Galaxy Nexus, Rezound, Galaxy Note, iPhone 4S, Droid Bionic, Stratosphere, Droid Charge, Vitality, Droid Incredible 2, Thunderbolt, Palm Pixi Plus, Droid 3, Fascinate, Droid Incredible, Droid Pro, Droid 2 Global, Droid X, Droid, Treo Pro, Touch Pro 2, Touch Pro, Q9m, XV6800, XV6900

Previous tablets: Transformer Pad TF300, Evo View 4G, Transformer Prime, Transformer TF101, Thrive, gTablet

Carrier(s)
    vzw [UL data]
    Feedback Score
    OK. That's it for the holiday shopping list, that I'm aware of -- anyone know of something else in the pipeline for this year?

I see Sammy as #1 and #2 with the Note2 and the S3:
    Wide carrier availability
    SD
    Unlockable bootloaders
    Removable batteries
    LTE
    Large hi-res displays

What did I miss?

The N4/Blaze & the DNA have fixed batteries and no SD. The RAZRs seem to have fallen off the map.

Anybody else close?

I'd be so thrilled to see a Moto check off each line on my list, but with Google at the helm I despair of ever seeing another flagship grade Moto with full SD support.
    Learning Android root on my SGSIII while waiting for Ubuntu Phone OS.

The Borg has assimilated US: Supreme Court Blocks Ban on Corporate Political Spending ~ "Resistance is futile."

Perspective instantiates reality.

Device(s)
    DROID X, iPhone 3G (...Prepaid AT&T)
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    I'm not buying a Samsung, I'm not a fan with oled screens since the images burn in. Besides the Note 2 is huge, has a pentile arrangement. The only downside of the DNA phone is the low storage, but I guess I'll grin and bear it. I'll wait and see what phone has the best developer scene before buying. But I really hate the idea of buying a Samsung.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast