Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: LG Optimus Zip (L75C)

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Jermboy608 View Post
    Do we even know for sure that this phone is on Verizon?? Or is it on Sprint?
    Go to the top picture. To the left of the phrase 'CUT YOUR PHONE BILL IN HALF...' is the designation CDMA-V. The V is for Verizon. CDMA-S is for Sprint.

Feedback Score
    Hi new here. I'm just joining the cell phone world. Went out and bought the Optimus Zip yesterday. I don't know anything about how to use it but did get it activated tonight. I don't know where to get any information on how to set things up, get apps, etc. Is there somewhere that might explain these things.

I would love a case also but beings this is a new phone I don't see any anywhere. Would the Optimus Q cases fit?

Phone
    Atrix/Skyrocket/R455C/Samsung Jack
    Carrier
    GoPhone LTE
    Feedback Score
    welcome

power the phone up and enter your gmail account information. if you do not have an account open one. if you have another email account (ie yahoo) you will set that up separately use the email icon.

applications will come from the play store. the play store is on the phone.

do not watch youtube videos, do not listen to the radio both are considered streaming. do not use the phone to accept credit cards or something like that because that is considered machine to machine connection. do not spend 6 hours on one call.

if you do not have it. get a wifi connection for your home. update your phone while you are at home.

do these things and the straighttards should leave you alone and let you pay $45 a month.

if you call customer service and are told something remember the rules above and use common sense to filter what you are told by the people on the customer service front line.

be happy

Carrier
    Straight Talk
    Feedback Score
    youtube is already installed on the phone. isnt it ok to watch it?

Phone
    Atrix/Skyrocket/R455C/Samsung Jack
    Carrier
    GoPhone LTE
    Feedback Score
    did you think i was pulling your leg? i was giving you accurate information that provided you with a near certain outcome.

please lose no sleep over ingoring the information. feel free to do whatever you desire with your phone and the service you pay for.

enjoy

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by tnell View Post
    youtube is already installed on the phone. isnt it ok to watch it?
    as long as you use your wifi connection you should be fine.

Carrier
    Straight Talk
    Feedback Score
    I remember when 3G was starting they were already talking about 4G and how everyone would eventually be replacing their land based internet with smart phones and LTE modems etc.

Now they're selling phones loaded with features with a monthy charge for supposed "unlimted usage". and then they're like "oh you actually want to use it?" "You can't do that! "That's abuse" We'll shut you off and take your phone number"

Feedback Score
    Well that kinda sucks about Youtube. I don't know why they put the app on the phone at all. Oh well.

I'm slowly getting this figured out. I got my Gmail account set up and have found where to get apps.

Also I don't understand where you said, do not use phone to accept credit cards or something like that. What kind of situation would that be?

I have a wifi at home. What do you mean about "update your phone" while you are at home. When/why/what am I updating?

Does it save the battery to turn wifi off when not using it?

Thanks for helping.

Carriers
    AT&T Go Phone
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by sherrymyra View Post
    Well that kinda sucks about Youtube. I don't know why they put the app on the phone at all. Oh well.

I'm slowly getting this figured out. I got my Gmail account set up and have found where to get apps.

Also I don't understand where you said, do not use phone to accept credit cards or something like that. What kind of situation would that be?

I have a wifi at home. What do you mean about "update your phone" while you are at home. When/why/what am I updating?

Does it save the battery to turn wifi off when not using it?

Thanks for helping.
    I think he's referring to updating your apps that are installed or that you downloaded from the Play Store. Just update them when on wifi.
    As far as that credit card thing, I have no idea what he means. My wife was also curious about that.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by gate115 View Post
    As far as that credit card thing, I have no idea what he means. My wife was also curious about that.
    Where have you guys been? Under a rock?

http://www.payanywhere.com

http://squareup.com

http://www.intuit.com

Feedback Score
    Well, I wouldn't say under a rock but I had not heard of that before.

Feedback Score
    They've been around more than a year. Good for accepting payment if you are giving a garage sale, operate a booth at a flea market or farmers market, or food truck court. Popular with mobile mechanics too, for collecting payment after servicing a car that has boken down by the side of the road.

Squareup was the first and was started by one of the co-founders of twitter. I think it is now affiliated with PayPal.

Feedback Score
    Ha, I live in North Dakota. It probably hasn't come into our area yet. We are always the last. lol

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by sherrymyra View Post
    Ha, I live in North Dakota. It probably hasn't come into our area yet. We are always the last. lol
    Be the first in your area to have one. Get a leg up on the competition at community garage sales, etc.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by tnell View Post
    Ordered the phone this morning off the ST site and it will be shipped on Monday. I used next day delivery so i should get it on Tuesday
    Patiently waiting for a review!!!!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast