Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: 4G WiMAX Coverage 49 States

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by 503ducati View Post
    I saw a post on S4GRU eluding to an internal memo stating that they are going to allow WiMAX customers that are impacted by shutdowns to get a free LTE device.
    Will this also apply to Boost? Mine is a Boost SGS2. It's a great phone, hate to lose service on it so soon, but if Boost will give me another phone comparable to it so long as its not a HTC (don't much care for how they play with android) I'd be happy with a decent Samsung or LG.

ST to IPhone http://goo.gl/bYd8e
    ST to Android http://goo.gl/Xael3
    ST to Windows Phone http://goo.gl/MMuZH
    Tracfone CS at 800-876-5753 or 800-626-4883
    Phone Number for Google Customer Service. 18558363987

Device(s)
    Nexus 6
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by AndroidFoneFan View Post
    Will this also apply to Boost? Mine is a Boost SGS2. It's a great phone, hate to lose service on it so soon, but if Boost will give me another phone comparable to it so long as its not a HTC (don't much care for how they play with android) I'd be happy with a decent Samsung or LG.
    They didn't mention it was postpaid only in that thread. I'd imagine that for those who have had active service on Virgin Mobile or Boost Mobile with a WiMAX phone would be offered the upgrade deal. In other words if someone where to buy a WiMAX phone then quickly request a free upgrade probably won't get it.

The interesting thing is that Sprint stated at last quarter's results is that all phones starting next year will have 2.5GHz LTE capability in addition to 1900MHz.

Carrier(s)
    MetroPCS / T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by 503ducati View Post
    I saw a post on S4GRU eluding to an internal memo stating that they are going to allow WiMAX customers that are impacted by shutdowns to get a free LTE device.
    The problem with this is that WiMax has always been truly Unlimited through Clear. I chose Clear WiMax as my main internet provider for three reasons; No Contract, Portable and UNLIMITED.

The LTE modem will probably have a 2 or 5GB limit... and that is totally unacceptable. I will be dropping Sprint/Clear should that happen.

via the HoFo App

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2