Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: First call going directly to voicemail,phone not ringing

Feedback Score

First call going directly to voicemail,phone not ringing

Hi,
    I turn my phone on to accept incoming calls,but the very first call I get always goes to my voicemail. All other incoming calls will ring the phone like it should ( it's only the first incoming call that goes to voicemail ). I have called up Pageplus support,but still do not have a fix.

Phone------- LG VX8600
    Prepaid

Carriers
    Cricket GSM (this month)
    Feedback Score
    Since nobody has responded, I think we're all dumbfounded by this problem. If it were me, I would first do an ESN change to another phone and see if for some reason it's your handset. Get any old VZW dumbphone on eBay or a garage sale or from somebody who has upgraded. Just make sure it's not a prepaid phone since PP won't activate a VZW prepay. Then use it for long enough to see if your VX8600 is the problem. I don't know how a handset could cause this, but stranger things have happened. If you have the same problem with another handset, then you're going to have to continue pestering PP customer service.
    Last of the talk & text dumphone users

Feedback Score
    Thanks for your input Reaztah,I've been playing around with this phone this morning,now listen to this. If I call my cell phone from a land line the first call goes to voicemail then all the other incoming calls ring the phone. Now here's the kicker,if I call my phone using another cell phone then my cell rings like it should and does not go to voicemail like the land line does. . Hope I did not lose you on that,works normal when another cell calls but not using a land line.

Phone
    Droid Incredible 2
    Carriers
    Page Plus
    Lycamobile
    Feedback Score
    By "first call," do you mean the first incoming call from a given number? But then all subsequent calls from that number ring your phone as expected? Did I get that right?

Phone
    HTC Droid Incredible 2
    Carriers
    PagePlus Cellular
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Slinkwyde View Post
    By "first call," do you mean the first incoming call from a given number? But then all subsequent calls from that number ring your phone as expected? Did I get that right?
    The first post says "I turn my phone on to accept incoming calls", so I'm guessing that "first call" means each time the phone is restarted.
    PagePlus---13 Years & Counting . . . . . Lycamobile---1 Year & Counting
    *Ericsson AF738, Jul 2001-Dec 2003, *Qualcomm QCP 2760, Dec 2003-Feb 2008, *LG VX-8600, Feb 2008-Apr 2010, *Samsung Omnia SCH-i910, Apr 2010-Nov 2011, *HTC Droid Incredible (CM7.2 ROM), Nov 2011-Jun 2013, *HTC Droid Incredible 2 (CM7.2 ROM), Jun 2013-Present

Phone
    Droid Incredible 2
    Carriers
    Page Plus
    Lycamobile
    Feedback Score
    Ah, yes. I see that now.

Phone
    MOTO G currently
    Carrier
    PagePlus
    Feedback Score
    I'm guessing here but I seem to remember something similar on the Forum a couple years ago. Could it possible be PRL related? Would re-provisioning the phone help?

Phone
    HTC Incredible, Motorola W385
    Carrier
    Page Plus
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Marty913 View Post
    I'm guessing here but I seem to remember something similar on the Forum a couple years ago.
    I was one of the unlucky ones. The first incoming call after powering on would get cut off after about 30 seconds. Even though the phone call was answered, the account was not charged. 100% reproducible with numerous phone numbers from certain exchanges. The only workaround was to change the number to a different exchange.

Phone
    HTC Incredible, Motorola W385
    Carrier
    Page Plus
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Norby1 View Post
    if I call my phone using another cell phone then my cell rings like it should and does not go to voicemail like the land line does.
    "Another cell phone" from Verizon or another network?

Feedback Score
    i think you have this problem with some network related issues, please consult your network operator. or else if you have any hardware related problem, then go to authorized service center.

Feedback Score
    As I said early,,,,I've been playing around with this phone this morning,now listen to this. If I call my cell phone from a land line the first call goes to voicemail then all the other incoming calls ring the phone. Now here's the kicker,if I call my phone using another cell phone then my cell rings like it should and does not go to voicemail like the land line does.

I have 4 land line phones in the house,and my wifes cell,ya gotta here this one. Using my wifes cell,my cell rings and does not jump to voicemail on the very first incoming call. The 3 other land line phones in the house do the same,my cell rings and does not jump into voicemail on first incoming call. The last phone that is in my computer room which I have been testing my cell with is the culprit,I test with this phone and no ring on first incoming call and it jumps to voicemail. All 4 are land lines ( hard wire ) no antenna.

It has been that phone in my computer room making me think there's something wrong with my cell. My cell works just great VX8600. Can not figure out why the phone in my computer room makes my cell jump to voicemail on first incoming call.

Phone
    Droid Incredible 2
    Carriers
    Page Plus
    Lycamobile
    Feedback Score
    Is that land line on the same phone line as the others?

Feedback Score
    Yes it is,all 4 phones in the house are on the same land line.

Phone
    Droid X
    Carrier
    Page Plus Cellular
    Feedback Score
    Forgive me for asking, but have you kept the cell phone in the computer room while testing with all of the other phones, or are you taking it with you to those phones? Personally, I'd suspect that something in the computer room is interfering with your cell. Possibly the land line phone itself, if it's a cordless. (I wasn't sure whether you meant otherwise when you said "( hard wire ) no antenna.")

Here's something to try. Swap the phone in the computer room with one of the other landline phones and try them both then.

Meanwhile, look on the bright side: if it's just that one phone, it's probably not going to affect anyone who calls you.

Carrier
    PagePlus
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Relztrah View Post
    Since nobody has responded, I think we're all dumbfounded by this problem. If it were me, I would first do an ESN change to another phone and see if for some reason it's your handset. Get any old VZW dumbphone on eBay or a garage sale or from somebody who has upgraded. Just make sure it's not a prepaid phone since PP won't activate a VZW prepay. Then use it for long enough to see if your VX8600 is the problem. I don't know how a handset could cause this, but stranger things have happened. If you have the same problem with another handset, then you're going to have to continue pestering PP customer service.
    Is there still a way to do a ESN change without calling customer support? I hate waiting for 30 mins (even though the reps are great and very helpful)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast