Thread: HTC One V Extremely poor signal strength

Feedback Score

HTC One V Extremely poor signal strength

I just purchased an HTC One V as a replacement for my LG Optimus V. The phone is great except the signal strength is very poor compared to the Optimus V. All of the places where the Optimus would have 3-4 bars, the HTC has zero signal. Is this a known issue? Do I just have a defective unit? Thanks!

Feedback Score
    i notice the same also. nothing grabs onto the signal like the optimus v. though even with the fluctuating weak signal, i never experienced dropped/missed calls or texts. maybe its just the way the software reports it?

Feedback Score
    Nope. I can't make calls most of the time and data is also a no-go. I noticed that the little plastic panel on the back is actually the antenna. Anyone know what can be done to improve this?

Carrier
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    First thing to do is exchange the phone to rule out a defective unit. Most of us were probably spoiled by our Optimus V reception-wise but the One V shouldn't be unusable where the Optimus V got good reception.

Sent from my Galaxy S III
    Castrol EDGE 5W-30 is my drug of choice.

Primary: iPhone 6 64GB, Galaxy Note 3, Lumia 635: 5 lines, 1x $15 5GB data, 2x $5 Android web, 1x $2.99 T-Zones, corp discount + $10/mo loyalty discount = $93/mo tax inclusive
    Secondary: iPhone 4S & LG Ultimate 2: TracFone (Verizon)
    Tablet: iPad Mini Retina w/ T-Mobile 4G LTE

Feedback Score

Replacing HTC One V

Quote Originally Posted by IsLand_BoY View Post
    First thing to do is exchange the phone to rule out a defective unit. Most of us were probably spoiled by our Optimus V reception-wise but the One V shouldn't be unusable where the Optimus V got good reception.

Sent from my Galaxy S III
    I purchased this unit from Best Buy. Do you know if I will have to restart my month and lose all of my minutes if I activate a replacement phone? Thanks!

Carrier
    Virgin Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by canneddirt View Post
    I purchased this unit from Best Buy. Do you know if I will have to restart my month and lose all of my minutes if I activate a replacement phone? Thanks!
    You probably can do the "phone swap" in your account on line. You won't lose any minutes or time if that works.