Thread: Sim card in the Atrix 2 4G

Carrier
    Straight Talk
    Feedback Score

Sim card in the Atrix 2 4G

So I can now verify that

1. The move to an AT&T unlocked phone with a sim card is exceedingly easy (took 5 minutes)
    2. Straight Talk CS had me ported from a Sprint line within 10 minutes of calling them
    3. 4G DOES work (did a speed test and got better than 7 mps)
    4. The Atrix 2 blazes in terms of speed
    5. Moving an SD card from the old Android to the Atrix restored everything in terms of address book and photos

$45 per month for unlimited browsing, text, and calls is so much better than anything else out there! HIGHLY recommended!

Carrier
    MetroPCS
    Feedback Score
    atrix 2 doesn't have true 4G. It does not have LTE.

Carriers
    Straight Talk
    Feedback Score
    Well LTE isn't true 4g either :-) .. but lets not start this type of argument again ... also att doesnt even have 3g everywhere yet lmaooo ... but I still love ST on att

Sent from my SGH-I997 using HowardForums

Carrier
    Straight Talk
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by soccerballtux View Post
    atrix 2 doesn't have true 4G. It does not have LTE.
    All I can tell you is that I'm showing 4G on the phone and I'm getting better that 7MBs on download for $45 a month. Regardless of what it's called, it puts Sprint to shame.

Carrier
    Straight Talk BYOD ATT
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Jflynn4 View Post
    So I can now verify that

1. The move to an AT&T unlocked phone with a sim card is exceedingly easy (took 5 minutes)
    2. Straight Talk CS had me ported from a Sprint line within 10 minutes of calling them
    3. 4G DOES work (did a speed test and got better than 7 mps)
    4. The Atrix 2 blazes in terms of speed
    5. Moving an SD card from the old Android to the Atrix restored everything in terms of address book and photos

$45 per month for unlimited browsing, text, and calls is so much better than anything else out there! HIGHLY recommended!

I just got an Atrix 2 4G and ported over from Boost. Can not get data working. Can you tell me what settings you used? Is your phone unlocked? Thanks.

Phone
    Atrix/Skyrocket/R455C/Samsung Jack
    Carrier
    GoPhone LTE
    Feedback Score
    the unlocked att phone is not necessary to get your data working unless you want to use another carrier. ST reps will say anything. it is absolutely amazing to me what they tell people .

quit beating your self up. wait until the starting bell on monday morning and start dialing numbers until you find an american who will listen.

and his post says its unlocked

Carriers
    straight talk
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by atem2144 View Post
    I just got an Atrix 2 4G and ported over from Boost. Can not get data working. Can you tell me what settings you used? Is your phone unlocked? Thanks.
    Doesn't have to be unlocked. Download apn backup and restore from play store over wifi. Backup all the AT&T apns. You dont have to but i did anyway. Next delete all the apns. Next go into wireless and networks then access point names. Then you simply enter in the apn info that straight talk gave you. It has to be EXACT. if its off just a capitol letter it may cause probs. Turn off wifi then check for data.

Sent from my MB860 using HowardForums

Carrier
    Straight Talk BYOD ATT
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by DROIDBERG View Post
    Doesn't have to be unlocked. Download apn backup and restore from play store over wifi. Backup all the AT&T apns. You dont have to but i did anyway. Next delete all the apns. Next go into wireless and networks then access point names. Then you simply enter in the apn info that straight talk gave you. It has to be EXACT. if its off just a capitol letter it may cause probs. Turn off wifi then check for data.

Sent from my MB860 using HowardForums
    It will not let me delete the ATT APN's. I was on the phone with ST and ATT all morning. ST told me that I need to delete the ATT APN's and just put in the ST one in. The ATT ones are locked and can not be deleted. ST told me to call ATT for help, which I did and the tech support guy there couldn't help. Still without data.

Carrier
    Straight Talk
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by atem2144 View Post
    It will not let me delete the ATT APN's. I was on the phone with ST and ATT all morning. ST told me that I need to delete the ATT APN's and just put in the ST one in. The ATT ones are locked and can not be deleted. ST told me to call ATT for help, which I did and the tech support guy there couldn't help. Still without data.
    Not sure this will help but on my Atrix 2, I simply added the new APN and left the existing AT&T APN's in place.....just checked that I wanted to use the new one. Was ported over in less than 5 mins and everything works just fine.

Why do you need to remove the AT&T APN?

Carrier
    GoPhone
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Jflynn4 View Post
    Not sure this will help but on my Atrix 2, I simply added the new APN and left the existing AT&T APN's in place.....just checked that I wanted to use the new one. Was ported over in less than 5 mins and everything works just fine.

Why do you need to remove the AT&T APN?
    I have an original Atrix 4G and left the ATT apn. It hasn't affected anything. They can be left as far as I'm aware with no consequence.