Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Anyone using HTC ONE X At&t? on Straight Talk

Feedback Score

Anyone using HTC ONE X At&t? on Straight Talk

I was hoping on buying HTC ONE X from att and dumping onto Straight Talk ?

Phones
    Nexus 5
    NEXUS 5
    Samsung Note III
    Carriers
    AT&T GoPhone
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Works 100%

Bought the One X at retail, then ordered a BYOD micro sim and $45 plan form ST. Changed APN and works perfectly
    With VZW........BAD network where i live and work!
    Changed to ATT..........

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by lennydude View Post
    Works 100%

Bought the One X at retail, then ordered a BYOD micro sim and $45 plan form ST. Changed APN and works perfectly
    Where do you live? What is your reception like? What kind of download speeds do you get?

Sent from my Atari 2600.

Feedback Score
    Wow! Thanks for the reply.. I can't wait to get rid of this EVO HTC sprint.. Im still looking for a iphone 4s but if you can convince me i will definitely buy the HTC ONE X??

Works 100%

Phone
    HTC One X
    Carriers
    Straight Talk
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by sb5100 View Post
    Wow! Thanks for the reply.. I can't wait to get rid of this EVO HTC sprint.. Im still looking for a iphone 4s but if you can convince me i will definitely buy the HTC ONE X??
    Well the HOX it's one of the top android smartphones out there, my top 3 right now would be galaxy s3, HOX and galaxy nexus 4G in that order. Compare the specs read reviews see what works better for you.

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

Phone
    HTC One X
    Carriers
    Straight Talk
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by leoingle View Post
    Where do you live? What is your reception like? What kind of download speeds do you get?

Sent from my Atari 2600.
    I'm in Tx, I've traveled a bit with it so far I have not dropped a call and have gotten reception everywhere I've gone. Speed is ok, I get around 4mbps for download on a bad day, 5 to 6 on a good day

Feedback Score
    I'm in Texas also, Conroe actually. What area are you in?

Sent from my Atari 2600.

Phones
    Nexus 5
    NEXUS 5
    Samsung Note III
    Carriers
    AT&T GoPhone
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    I live in Maine and get consistently 4 to 6 mbps downloads. Never have dropped a call

BTW..tried the Galaxy Nexus on both VZW and AT&T..........phone has a terrible radio in it (for me at least). Neither worked well at all
    I also have the S3 and that works identical to the One X !!! Awesome phones.

Post 245 on this thread shows my speeds with the one X

http://www.howardforums.com/showthre...edtests/page17

Feedback Score
    Nice! I currently have a GNex on VZW and the radio does suck on them. I might get a SGS2 and test it out in my area for a month. I am done with VZW.

Sent from my Atari 2600.

Phone
    HTC One X
    Carriers
    Straight Talk
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by leoingle View Post
    I'm in Texas also, Conroe actually. What area are you in?

Sent from my Atari 2600.
    Dfw, was just in Houston couple of days ago. How is At&t reception in your area or T-Mobile ?

Feedback Score
    I live in Maine and get consistently 4 to 6 mbps downloads. Never have dropped a call

BTW..tried the Galaxy Nexus on both VZW and AT&T..........phone has a terrible radio in it (for me at least). Neither worked well at all
    I also have the S3 and that works identical to the One X !!! Awesome phones.

Post 245 on this thread shows my speeds with the one X

http://www.howardforums.com/showthre...edtests/page17
    To my understanding it is the hardware, not the radio software.

Sent from my Atari 2600.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrcricket23 View Post
    Dfw, was just in Houston couple of days ago. How is At&t reception in your area or T-Mobile ?

I have had VZW for work for about 8 years. I had ATT up until a year and a half ago for my personal phone, and switched to VZW for the Tbolt. I actually never saw much advantage over VZW compared to ATT, they are about the same. I don't know much about T-Mo, but the people that do have them, I don't really hear any complaining from. I think with us being near big cities, all 4 are pretty much going to be close to equal.

Sent from my Atari 2600.

Phone
    HTC One X
    Carriers
    Straight Talk
    Feedback Score
    Well Straight Talk is a MNVO (A mobile virtual network operator (MVNO) a wireless communications services provider that does not own the radio spectrum or wireless network infrastructure over which the MVNO provides services to its customers. An MVNO enters into a business agreement with a mobile network operator to obtain bulk access to network services at wholesale rates, then sets retail prices independently)
    Basically they resell the services of Verizon, Sprint, Tmo and At&t.

Their best promo right now is the BYOD(Bring Your Own Device) which is running of GSM (At&t and Tmo)
    Depending on the Sim Card you buy on www.straightalk.com that's the service your gonna get, you get a choice of a Tmo sim or a At&t sim.

Good info on here http://www.howardforums.com/showthre...-a-Loophole%29

From the reading I've done Tmo seems to give you faster HSPA speeds, At&t a bit slower but At&t has a larger network. I wasn't really a fan of Tmo when i had it i would miss a lot of calls, sometimes i could be calling myself to test the line and my phone is right next to me and it would go to voice mail. Also when i would go Louisiana no service alot. So i chose an At&t handset with a At&t sim.
    Just gotta see that the hardware supports the correct radio frequencies when choosing either Sim, for Example an At&t iphone is only gonna get Edge speeds on Tmo sim because it doesnt support the bands Tmo uses for 3G and HSPA. There's one phone that i can think of that Supports both Tmo HSPA and At&t HSPA and that's the Galaxy Nexus 4G the penta band version that sells from the Google Store.

Phone
    HTC One X
    Carriers
    Straight Talk
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by sb5100 View Post
    Good review/comparison between the HOX and GS3

http://youtu.be/xZuhAFHuNZk

Feedback Score
    I personally think the difference between the HOX and S3 are splitting hairs, except for the the lack of card and removable battery, those are two big things to me.

Sent from my Atari 2600.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast